Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: QL300 Disc of Cloudy Crystal require 1800EE

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    No, that item is produced for their benefit. The monetary recompense is to compensate me when said soldier OD'd me while camping tradeskill items such as Crackerjack Sleeve, Hate training spirit, etc.
    Can only speak for myself here (and other ppl i know good), but i only camp "tradeskill item droppers" for friends that need it, never for Profit.
    They return such favours in giving me free tradeskills.

So, well, that argument is not really valid. :P

Beside that, all u tradeskill whiners (sry thats what it sounds to me mostly) ...
    A 200 Engie alt can make EASY
    4 Gem Aruls
    IDs (all QLs)
    PBs (all QLs)
    Perns
    Chosen/Faithful
    Sided Weapons
    and all the "normal" RK loot.

So, imho, if u took ur Engie higher, you enyoed it.
    That should be reward enough (Beside the cash you all usually want anyway).

My Doc/MP gladly have those 2 IPRs free and spare, no worries, but i know alot of others dont.

So, imho, bump for removing NoDrop tag, so all u guys can "enjoy" ur tradeskills and get the so wanted reward (= creds) from it. *sucks*

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

yeah, and if there wasn't a nodrop tag on this baby the prices would go skyhigh in few days... and a poor engie like myself couldn't afford this then.
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

I honestly tried to read through this whole thread. Somewhere around the middle of page 3 I was unable to cope with the stupidity and skipped ahead to post this reply.

Like "omg this sucks for us soldiers" who can get mochams to cast their nanos and majorly overbuff a weapon on, and stay on a minimum skill req. Too bad there are no weapons with higher reqs so this would be even more overpowered.

And "NTs get cyberdeck +100 nanoskill and can put perk points into nanodoctorate and get major boosts" mmhmm yes, a mandatory buff item that strips you of special attacks leaving you only with a poorly performing weapon highly suspectible to lag, and at lower lvls with less than elite equipment, difficult to even make requirements of these lvl locked weapons. WTB Lvl lock on all weapons?

And omg engies need this to self our pet.. uh yea, the pet that in theory should stick around till you log out, and which is also affected by OE rules... lovely lovely. Hypocrites all around who don't give a rat's ass for balance. I bet you were all sitting at the gates to the new playfields doing /stuck as soon as servers went up yesterday.

I vote that this item either stays this way or gets deleted from the database. And while they're deleting it, I wouldn't mind if they did some changes like -20 to all modifiers from Alien Armor...

Bump for balance, and bump for intelligence.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    I honestly tried to read through this whole thread. Somewhere around the middle of page 3 I was unable to cope with the stupidity and skipped ahead to post this reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Bump for balance, and bump for intelligence.
    Hey, a self answering post, sweet.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

I agree that one change on this item would be good. In addition to 1800 requirements to make it those reqs should be added for wearing it too. Thus removing the need to IPR to make it.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

Sorry I don't really want to spend 4 IPR on this kind of item.... bump for CL req instead, as its a skill that all those professions have a decent amount in and more suited to that group of profs.

Ok, this is from a traders point of view, but the point is valid whatever profession.

1. We got a shotgun with 2201 shotty requirements. If you can't get 2201 shotty, you can't use the best shotgun.

2. Traders can get 1800 EE & CHE, but not everyone. Those that can't get 1800 EE&CHE can't use the best nano-buffing item.

What's the difference?

Another example from traders.

No sane trader have IP for both 1800 EE&CHE and SMG+Burst+Dualwield (For AI Machine pistol-Type5). Equipping a high QL MP-Type 5 + FSS increase my damage with 20% in PvM, or I can choose to make the Nano Controller Unit, and more effectivly land roots and debufs in PvP.

Again a very valid choise.

This game lacks choises like the one mentioned in last paragraph. If there were many more of those choises, people would be satisfied with another choise instead of whining "CRY, I can't use that".
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Another point. This item exists in lower QLs than 300.

QL 200 gives +50 to nanoskills. HUD-item with +50 Nanoskills is still an Uber Good Items. 1200 EE&CHE is possible to get without much IP. (210 from AI armour, 230 from 250implants, 160 from QL 300 HQ)

QL100 gives +25 Nanoskills and everyone should be able to construct one without spending IP.

The lower QL isn't bad just because there's a higher QL out there.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

afelia for president!

I haven't read the intire thread here so if I have missed out on something you will just have to exscuse me.

A quick check tho:

Most people who are in this discussion is 220
    You can make a ql 150-200 or so at 220 without using any IP into tradeskills (just borrow some imps/Ai armor/get some buffs)
    This ql 150-200 adds in that case like 40-50 in nanoskills...

So all in all, you guys are whining over a engi getting 25-35 more nanoskills when they use a bunch of IP's in tradeskills?

I made a ql 168 on my lvl 200 engi, it adds +42 nanoskills and required 1k EE/Chem. I'm pretty happy with that, it means that on lvl 200 I could actually self my lvl 175 dog pet

I wish I could get one for my adv, even a ql 200 would brighten my day for those nanos with 1750ish nanoskills requirement (Just a reminder there are proffessions who could use this item that can't even use one at all).
    Last edited by Thargoth; Feb 11th, 2005 at 16:26:32.
    Healariouse 220 Doc President of Uprising

Thargoth 220 Adventurer
    Mrsgearbox 220 Engineer (Tradeskiller)
    Twinkystar 207 Meta-Physicist
    Littleminxy 212 Bureaucrat

What is a dream without some pleasure?
    What is a dream without some love?
    What is a dream without some tenderness?
    I think it's called a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    Spending IP on tradeskills should be because you enjoy tradeskilling, so I assume you like tradeskills, having invested in them. That should be rewarding enough to you. I also know that with high tradeskills, you can make a lot of money, even if you don't charge for services. Many people realize the investment high level tradeskillers make in order to perform such tradeskill services, and many tip very well.
    I must have missed the guys that tip very well. I usually make a lot of items every week for random people who approach me, but most of them just runs away after getting the item made, without so much as a thanks. It's such a great feeling to be able to provide a service that no one is thankful for......
    Nusse
    - playing for fun
    Nussefreak eng. #220
    and other Nusses

Nanoworld

I think best solution would be inserting an item for last step that needs no tradeskills but keep the nodrop as end result *duck*
    And the people writing it will only cost you 2 IPRs are false, it would cost 4 :P
    Cu
    Traxxx

Traxxx lvl 200 MP Nanomage DNW
    Realgimp First lvl 220 MP Trox DNW,
    Pimglaer MP Trox DNW,
    And a lot other MPs spreaded over
    RK1/2/DNW and test ^^

current equip of Realgimp
    working towards this equip

First of all, if anyone thinks tradeskilling is rewarding in terms of credits, they couldn't be more wrong. You need tons of expensive and hard-to-get equipment to be able to make many things. I have no idea how much I've spent on tradeskilling items, but if you include arithmetic armor, I'm not surprised if the number is close to 2 billion creds. In no way have I ever gotten that back, even if I sometimes get some pretty decent tips. This isn't a whine or anything, just don't come and say "but you have profit from tradeskills!" as an argument. I'm a tradeskiller because I enjoy making stuff, not because I want to profit(in which case I'd be in the wrong business)

Apart from that, engineers have had probably the worst nano requirements of all professions. Before AI, nobody had ever been able to cast the 5k AC buff. To be able to get our main weapon out, we needed both mochams and a wrangle at higher levels, every time we logged on! With AI, this is of course much easier, but still requires a lot of very expensive equipment. I truly feel engineers deserve this item, and like someone has already said, anyone can make a lower QL of this item. To make an example: Rihwen and the Widowmaker have roughly the same nanorequirements, yet MP's have a +140 buff aswell as more nano from perks. Is it really so unfair that we get this item at the highest QL?

Quote Originally Posted by Soriana
    To make an example: Rihwen and the Widowmaker have roughly the same nanorequirements, yet MP's have a +140 buff aswell as more nano from perks. Is it really so unfair that we get this item at the highest QL?
    And is it fair that engie bots have like 1000+ more AR than MP deemons?
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

First of all, if anyone thinks tradeskilling is rewarding in terms of credits, they couldn't be more wrong.

Simple Question.. if you don't find Tradeskilling Rewarding... Why not reset it.... Engies are a very powerful class for those that don't enjoy tradeskilling.... They are good in PvP and in PvM and more scary is the amount of damage some engies can put out in PvM... These same engies putting out massive damage were also able to cast their 220 bots and able to make my arul saba bracers.... I personally tipped Londomollari 100mil credits for all the work he did for me... now that's some money from Tradeskills... I also don't think any engies that raise tradeskills do so at the sacrifice of their nanoskills.. if I had to guess, it would've been at the sacrifice of their Evades.

Also... I know engies that make quite a bit of money... the problem as sheffy and others pointing out is working for tips... I got a tip... why not work for credits rather than tips In fact an engie friend of mine recently made 40mil to make 7 pieces of Alien armor... I usually make about 5mil per piece of Alien Armor I combine with my 2100 Psychology...

There is money in tradeskills if you know what you are doing... 40 mil for doing little more than clicking on a few items and taking a little time is hella good compared to the time it would take for me to run out and make 40 mil from dynacamps and farming. The engie I tipped made all my arul sabas for me and chosen for me and in the end I gave him 100mil, but everytime I also brought the items to him.. he never had to even take a break from dyna farming or SKing.. I'd usually meet him at the Xark's Ramp in inferno or at the spirits in yuttos marshes.. I know he also find a bunch of the CSMG's because his blinds were so powerful that he could afk solo the yuttos inferno dynas while tradeskilling with all his tradeskills maxed...
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    And is it fair that engie bots have like 1000+ more AR than MP deemons?
    Any day I trade my bot+dog to single pets that does same damage+pet that can heal + pet than can mezz. Where to meet for trade?
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    Simple Question.. if you don't find Tradeskilling Rewarding... Why not reset it.... Engies are a very powerful class for those that don't enjoy tradeskilling.... They are good in PvP and in PvM and more scary is the amount of damage some engies can put out in PvM... These same engies putting out massive damage were also able to cast their 220 bots and able to make my arul saba bracers.... I personally tipped Londomollari 100mil credits for all the work he did for me... now that's some money from Tradeskills... I also don't think any engies that raise tradeskills do so at the sacrifice of their nanoskills.. if I had to guess, it would've been at the sacrifice of their Evades.

Also... I know engies that make quite a bit of money... the problem as sheffy and others pointing out is working for tips... I got a tip... why not work for credits rather than tips In fact an engie friend of mine recently made 40mil to make 7 pieces of Alien armor... I usually make about 5mil per piece of Alien Armor I combine with my 2100 Psychology...

There is money in tradeskills if you know what you are doing... 40 mil for doing little more than clicking on a few items and taking a little time is hella good compared to the time it would take for me to run out and make 40 mil from dynacamps and farming. The engie I tipped made all my arul sabas for me and chosen for me and in the end I gave him 100mil, but everytime I also brought the items to him.. he never had to even take a break from dyna farming or SKing.. I'd usually meet him at the Xark's Ramp in inferno or at the spirits in yuttos marshes.. I know he also find a bunch of the CSMG's because his blinds were so powerful that he could afk solo the yuttos inferno dynas while tradeskilling with all his tradeskills maxed...
    Did you even read my post or did you just decide to flame after reading the first line? In case you're not sure what I'm referring to, I'm going to quote it for you:
    This isn't a whine or anything, just don't come and say "but you have profit from tradeskills!" as an argument. I'm a tradeskiller because I enjoy making stuff, not because I want to profit(in which case I'd be in the wrong business)
    And where did anyone say they sacrificed nanoskills? I just said that we had a really hard time for a year, and that's why I felt we deserved this now.

Londomollari was lucky on that tip, I've gotten 40m at the most if I remember correctly. As for charging, sure I could do that. Would probably earn a lot more, but get far less friends. And what about those who can't pay? Many people have never had more than 100m at a single time, ever. Should we simply deny them items because we're too greedy?

No, I'll continue to work for tips only, and I'll continue doing it because I enjoy it. I can also make chosen/faithful or 4 gem bracers without changing any equipment, but I can't do that for AI armor, I doubt anyone can. And even if I got a 100m once, it still wouldn't make me profit from tradeskills.

People tradeskill because they like helping people, not because they want credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thargoth
    So all in all, you guys are whining over a engi getting 25-35 more nanoskills when they use a bunch of IP's in tradeskills?
    Good point.

Poor engineers fight to cast their robots _every_ time they log in, and the whole community gets into an argument when there is 30ish nanopoint bonus for 220 engineers (or should I say tradeskillers).

I also wonder what is the notion that everyone should be able to wear everything? That has never been the case before either.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret
    and creates a nodrop item
    Remove the nodrop tag from it please
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Quote Originally Posted by Czarina
    I got a tip... why not work for credits rather than tips In fact an engie friend of mine recently made 40mil to make 7 pieces of Alien armor... I usually make about 5mil per piece of Alien Armor I combine with my 2100 Psychology...
    40/7 = 5.7M for each piece... the steps making everything before the final step requires ALOT of different skills and ALOT more clicks... Do you see how often other professions than engies benefits more of tradeskills?

It has always been like that, profs that only increase one tradeskills etc is always in more demand than others (NP og Psychology is two of them).

If you want to make good money, you have to be out early with high tradeskills. If you got a little less than 1800 tradeskills you will not make much money - I can count more of the times people just runs off instead of tipping or saying thank you - No idea why since I'm very polite and friendly.
    Krabbus - Engineer in game and outside. Both working their ass off for almost 4 years...

This account was cancelled at:
    2004-09-18 01:57:53
    It will remain playable until : 2004-??-?? ??:??:??
    Reason: this game is turning more and more into a work... call it my second work if you'd like.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast