Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trader Bugs (Version 3)

Trader Bugs (Version 3)

Bug related to the Trader Profession

Bug : Definition
    bug - An unwanted and unintended property of a program or piece of hardware, especially one that causes it to malfunction. E.g. "There's a bug in the editor: it writes things out backward."
    When posting bugs, try to imagine yourself explaining the bug to someone who have never heard about it before. This way we are 100% sure Cz and Devs undertand what you mean.

Old Bug threads are located here :

The Buglist

Perks

• Trying to cast nano while recieving an accumulator-tick ends up with getting a "nanoprogram bussy"-message. (The effect is working like a nano) verified and reported
    • Accumulator 2 dont drain nano.
    Nanos

• AC Debuffs not working properly? Working as intended
    • Umbral wrangle - when the umbral nano is refreshing it makes other nano casting impossible. reported, same issue as above with accumulator
    AI Bugs :

• The Kyr shotgun dont seem to have any soundeffect. verified and reported
    • Initial Strike does not grey out when used. verified and reported
    • You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target. Same forTap Vitae. verified and reported
    • The Dead Aim proc and both Drain offense procs are casting nanos, in the way accumulator works we can either cast a nano, get accumulator or dead aim or drain offense
    Last edited by Jerridan; May 18th, 2006 at 12:21:34.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

while leveling in the core, i first used divest and plunder to increse my nanoskills, and i tried to open a pack of nanos, but pack didnt open.
    Then i saw, accumulator had stopped, and i was helpless, got a message about waiting when i tried using next plunder, and i ended up running totally helpless, when none of my nanos worked.
    Seen same error on my shade, when equipping a belt and hitting a perk, perk and equipping action "jammed", and crippled me, until relogging my shade.

edit:I didnt use a temple ring, only my nanos, and the single ai trader perk special i got.
    I tried to ladder up on the plunder and divest, i guess either a drain or my small backpack was what the problem.
    Last edited by Psyloche; Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:52:12.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

This was most likely caused by using an item on a mob such as a temple ring or something like that. occassionaly you will get the please wait until previous action has finished.

Ok my bugs:

Veil of the Revoked is invisible. Dontknow if it is a visual bug but it would be nice to see it appear.

big bump for the ql of the stuff for salabims. i have a 297 now =/

Distill life line doesnt grey out when used. this is a problem since they all come back at different times. Also the TIME intervals on them needs to be changed so that they can actually work in coordination with each other as they are intended to do.
    reap life should recycle faster then bloodletting since it is the first in line. the same with vital shock. shade perks all take 30 seconds to cycle.....see where Im going with this?

Sacrifice blacks out when you use purple heart and imho 10 levels to train a perk and its not working because only 1 works. please look into this. I posted a thread here and it got flamed because noone did any research on it.
    Last edited by noahsdove; Mar 1st, 2005 at 13:33:50. Reason: adding more bugs to the long list
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Ok one bug i know, dunno if it came up before

Say i use the max ac debuff at lv 220 on conflag spirit, it doesnt effect the damage i do, but if i use the far lower one, it does effect the damage output, Myself i would class this as a bug.

Another thing, when i ac drain a mob, and im using the homedefender and the onehander guns, and the ac drain effect the damage i do, the homedefender doesnt hit for min damage, but the onehander does.. both guns are projectile, i dont understand this.

sell

Quote Originally Posted by baffle
    [*]You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target. Same forTap Vitae.
    [/list]
    This isnt a bug.. this is trader love for when fight in FT near a Bartender.. damn it...

Okay, not a bug, but a misfeature: accumulator 2 gives back only health, no nano. 1 does give both, as do 3 and 4 and 5 (checked on auno.org).

Please, FC, quit smoking that stuff when you update the db...

Quote Originally Posted by Sell
    Another thing, when i ac drain a mob, and im using the homedefender and the onehander guns, and the ac drain effect the damage i do, the homedefender doesnt hit for min damage, but the onehander does.. both guns are projectile, i dont understand this.
    As onehander has 1-121 and HD has 2-438 that's not very strange. AC lessens max damage, so 2k ac would reduce the above weapons to 1-1 and 2-238

As AR increases damage, damage range increases, but AC still lessens max damage. Assuming you have 1k AR (easy to calculate) your damage is 3.5 times higher, thus:

Onehander 4-424 and HD 7-1533, if the mob has 5k AC left after drain your max damage will be -500, thus:
    Onehander 4-4, HD 7-1033

Problem solved.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

still seems weird that its damage wouldnt change even slightly, but ah well

ty for your answer

While trying to solo the notum scourge in penu, it happened to me that i were unable to cast any nano for like 10 seconds. I am sure that accumulator was not kicking in.

I was chaincasting Health haggler to keep me alive.. at one point i only got the message that i would already executing a nano program... and that for at least 10 secs.

Hello Mr. Reclaim, pretty annoying.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I know a uber bug and ill prob get shot for saying it now but if u spam Purple heat and Sacrifice at the same time u heal the team for 10k and raise there dammage by 1.3k

in theroy this shouldent work because ur bletently only ment to have one of the 2 perks running at any one time.^

I R WInner.

also i like the fact that the viel is invisible gives u chance to show off all the other uber armor a trader get's.

and i love Yamaeda for what he said about the drains can u do meh a favor and tell meh the diffrence between

Ithica crit and scoped salabim crit ?
    Himshe

im in *^TehGang^*

Just found a bug while playing. Divest Skills (Weak): the description says NCU cost 29. when its running it only uses 23.
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Oh bugger that will be fixed in next patch then. All bugs that make the game easier are fixed immediately. Those that make it harder are retitled as "challenges" and become features!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

No bug...

• Business Card (Decision by Committee) dont seem to drop anywhere. If this item is supposed to drop in the biodome it must be added to the loot table. (new)
    After i ran around as a lightbulb for 8 hours (3 arks whom i met by accident ignored me and my rp completly), i petitioned that to spawn myself an ark, but a GM just removed by mini-nova without appearing.

I took the chance to ask him the usual questions.

Why do arks and this gm think that i want information on how to get the nano, when i just want to know if i can get them at all, if they are really in game and i can get them right now *if* i find out how? Well, he didn't want to spoil me/give information and patch notes are always right of course. Besides, he got no bugreport regarding trader pets for *4 years* and they have hunters to search bugs and automatic tests to check droprates from mobs etc.

After ~10 minutes he finally stated:

[Haitte]: On record, I can tell you that there are no bugs related to pets. That you may cut out and paste.

Sure, Haitte...someone reported the missing business card as a bug, right? Got an answer or did they just deleted the bugreport?

The business card drops. Trader in my org got it the other day.
    [All Towers] The omni organization loves Toxor .. awww.

[Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: !blacklist Mostadio this ****tard wouldnt make my carb :@
    [Clockwork Inc.] Omgbot: Thank you Toxor. Reputation / Blacklist info about Mostadio has been stored in the Clockwork Inc.-archives
    [Clockwork Inc.] Toxor: thats cool
    [Clockwork Inc.] Mostadio: ROOOOOOOOOFL
    [Org. Msg.] Mostadio kicked Toxor from your organization.

When posting bugs, try to imagine yourself explaining the bug to someone who have never heard about it before. This way we are 100% sure Cz and Devs undertand what you mean.

Old Bug threads are located here :

The Buglist

Perks

• Trying to cast nano while recieving an accumulator-tick ends up with getting a "nanoprogram bussy"-message. (The effect is working like a nano) verified and reported
    • Accumulator 2 dont drain nano.
    Nanos

• Business Card (Decision by Committee) dont seem to drop anywhere. If this item is supposed to drop in the biodome it must be added to the loot table. (new)
    • AC Debuffs not working properly?
    • Umbral wrangle - when the umbral nano is refreshing it makes other nano casting impossible. reported, same issue as above with accumulator
    AI Bugs :

• The Kyr shotgun dont seem to have any soundeffect. verified and reported
    • Initial Strike does not grey out when used. verified and reported
    • You need to target a mob to execute the Champions of Light artillery perks. It doesn't matter what mob you target, but the effect is on the current fighting target. Same forTap Vitae. verified and reported

Last edited by baffle : Jun 13th, 2005 at 14:41:51.

So when can we expect stuff to start getting fixed? its been like almost 6 months now since this was started
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

Quote Originally Posted by noahsdove
    Last edited by baffle : Jun 13th, 2005 at 14:41:51.
    So when can we expect stuff to start getting fixed? its been like almost 6 months now since this was started
    Some of these bugs have already been fixed, so this thread is completly outdated. Anyways, the entire bug feedback system have changed, so this thread have lost its initial purpose. Still nice to have a bug thread.

When it comes up updating the stick threads, poke the current professionals.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Doc:s dont have to target team member to shoot team heal...
    Adv:s dont have to target team member to shoot team heal...
    MA;s don't have to ...
    MP can restore teams nano pool without targetting team members...
    and list goes on...

WHY o Why traders have to target self or team member to shoot team nano heal?
    Ok, nano works now after its been fixed, and I even like it now, but still the usage is annoying... I guess continious target switching causes 90% of my self drain accidents...

/sannie

Another bug i think. Accumulator 10 only seems to drain nano every now and again.
    Sceanario:
    Pen Catacombs
    QL200 Mudurglu
    202 Trader(me)
    778 Ranged Init.

9 mobs:
    Times that nanos was NOT drained - Times nano WAS drained
    9 - 3
    3 - 3
    11 - 5
    5 - 2
    9 - 2
    14 - 0
    15 - 5
    6 - 3
    3 - 2

Thats well over half the time if not 3/4s of it. And when we start using nano heavy nanos like our SL AC debuff and out NR drains this can really start to hurt since we are compleatly reliant on our nano tick and Regain Nano.

I tried fully drained, not drained at all, with max nano, with out having full nano... it doesnt seem to make a difference. I never noticed this with any of the other levels of Accumulator(though there is a bug mentioned about level 2).]

EDIT: Just did a pen mission and the nano drain was flawless.. *shrugs* maybe its only in certain areas?
    Last edited by Ozball; Mar 7th, 2006 at 15:05:32.

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozball
    Times that nanos was NOT drained - Times nano WAS drained
    9 - 3
    3 - 3
    11 - 5
    5 - 2
    9 - 2
    14 - 0
    15 - 5
    6 - 3
    3 - 2
    The proc-chance to land should be 25%. Let's see: 100 hits with your shotgun landed, 25 times proc triggered...hmm, looks like that matches.
    Syy

:S guess i should have clarified it abit... those were the times that it proced. the ones on the left were the times it drained health but not nano and the ones on the right were the ones where it drained both health and nano.

Also that pen mission at Halen Van Dummy i had a few hits where it only drained health.

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast