Thread: idea for fixers

idea for fixers

I've never played a fixer and never will. However, the new grid is nice and all, but it seems like such a silly way to do teleportation. Why not just give fixers a little pda that lets them pick a zone that they want to port to. No fuss, no muss, just point and click. Why waste time wondering around a grid... seems pointless.

Thumbs up

Good idea fixer grid is too big now anyways.

Crappy item creation to your inv was damn stupid idea too.. Why not direct call to grid or place you like to go?

Angry

Its worse than that.. u have to use the item on a grid terminal. so if u want to use the fixer grid u have to get to a terminal.
    that means gridding twice if u just want to go rescue friends.
    Once to leave ur current area if there is no grid and again to use a terminal..

Single cast transport to the new grid would have been better, or cast the new nano to get the item, asn use it as a pass card for grid entry when u reckless grid, as it is now, the time delay from casting the first and then reckless is just over the duration of the summoned item :{

i want a non prof specific vat of petroleum jelly.

Question

any of you guys actually fixers? the new grid is great imo, every exit is useful, its very easy to navigate, i have stopped using the peasant grid for just about all destinations except maybe broken shores and newland. so you have to use a terminal, big deal, the animation when you cast the nano looks awesome and its not that much of a hassle. i have been leveling outdoors now because i can go to very out of the way places and find tons of mobs with no one around. found a nice spot last night with mobs giving 60-70k xps per kill, had it all to myself, would have sucked to get there using the old grid/whompah/yalm, instead, i grid and start killing. the new fixer grid rules!!!

just one fixers opinion

Originally posted by Genar-Hoefen
    any of you guys actually fixers? the new grid is great imo, every exit is useful, its very easy to navigate, i have stopped using the peasant grid for just about all destinations except maybe broken shores and newland. so you have to use a terminal, big deal, the animation when you cast the nano looks awesome and its not that much of a hassle. i have been leveling outdoors now because i can go to very out of the way places and find tons of mobs with no one around. found a nice spot last night with mobs giving 60-70k xps per kill, had it all to myself, would have sucked to get there using the old grid/whompah/yalm, instead, i grid and start killing. the new fixer grid rules!!!

just one fixers opinion
    Aye its great but you could have done it as gridding nano not summon item in inventory and use it to the frelling term.

Would be cool if say like level 130+ fixers would get quest for ultimate grid meaning you could warp any zone from the spot you currently stand to all main zones that currently exists.

And the stupid hack grid nano to be altered to instant zone to the fixer grid with say like 10-30 sec of cast time.. or another fixer grid nano should be added similiar to reckless digimation or whatever it is :P.

just one fixers opinion
    I agree , the fixer grid is great, I use it 90% of the time (even to newland city because it pops you out right next to neuts r us and the wompas) . The animation/nano effect is ace lookin'. Yep Fixer grid rocks .

jabba
    Devil's Advocate is cooler than you.

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw

Originally posted by Thyrra
    i want a non prof specific vat of petroleum jelly.
    same here!

Fixers are fixed. End of story. It's your turn in another 12 months.

lol Atlavan
    you play a fixer? fixed? we still have no role and nothing great for the team (only NCU buff) but in Solo and PVP we are fixed (snares and roots need still some love )

Not to turn this into a debate, but.

I agree with Atlavan. We've gotten so much in one patch and its a big payoff to the real fixers who endured all the crap.

Before 14.4, in a group:

A run buff to get there, for those without yalms

SMG damage.

After 14.4, in a group:

A run buff to get there, not needed to be cancelled because of no negation of damage.

Better SMG damage with the suppressor line.

Reworked evades, we can actually act like a tank when the mob is missing us several times, and full def helps even more (though attack rating needs to be balanced to the new evade level)

Heals over time that are better than doc ones

NCU buff (this is no small thing, senond!)

I think the poster was asking for something of convienience, not really a 'fix' or something to make the profession uber. its simply something to add to being better in a group, and it is only for evacuation. But to say we aren't fixed...that is ridiculous. You might notice in my sig, i have several complaints still about the fixer class. Every class has a weakness, and you have to joke about that stuff and realize the good parts of a profession.

Nevertheless, there are more important matters at hand - professions like soldiers need a patch like we just got, not only allowing them more of a hand in pvp, but a better role in a group.

I will not argue though with people who say our role in the AO world, in RP needs to be expanded. not so much to make the profession play different but more fixer only quests, and a more fitting environment for this unique 'datathief'-like profession.

As far as roots and snares go, thats more non-profession specific since other people like crats and agents have those too. that goes on the general list.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

just one fixers opinion

/nods

Im wondering why non fixers are so bothered by our grid.. I love it, its my home leave it alone.

I love that I am hacking the terminal... if you dont like it then dont go there. I prefer it less crowded anyway

No were not finished, according to our forum there a a few things that havent been done. Sure others need fixing, but dont assume we are.
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

Wait for it....

Bah...now I expect to see someon complaining that our Grid Armor is waaayyyy to Uber for PVP....

(shakes head)

Fixers r fixed. I play what could be the most gimped fixer around at lvl 79, and im still happy with him. All the new content is quite good, and if I have to use a terminal gor my new grid...so what? if I coudl grid anywhere to any point, then it woudlnt be very fixerish...might as well call me a Wizard with teleport spells. Fixers are item orientated. We are the Hackers of Rubi-ka. Thus, we hack things. It woudlnt stand to be able to "Hack" into differnt places around rubika with a touch of a button anywhere.

Besides, Uber Grid armro aside, can you imagine the mayhem with a striek team of 12 fixers all Fixer gridding into a location (liek a outpost) and laying waster?? Grid in...open fire, Grid out when done. Just bodies and shellcasings left over.

Fixers are horrible in nano skills, okay in combat, okay in evasion, excellent at running away and hindering, good survivor in the outdoor playfield.

Equipment wise . . Grid Armor is the only thing he or she can call his or hers..

Grid armor makes the Fixer very competitive in combat, but the down fall is that grid armor is a Mob Drop item. Those who have access to Grid Armor, can afford it, or have super nice guild/friends are fortunate, nothing for the lonewolf fixer.

Trade skills are good, but what good does that do you? There are other professions that are more specialized in certain trade skills that have the extra IP to burn in early levels -------- though you can get some niffty low light scopes, but where can you find a high end low light scope these patches? and for cheap!

Fixers i bid thee many blessings of luck and hope to contiune looking forward to our future . . . the expansion might bring some goodies in weapons and armors ----- yet the expansion may bring a world of buggy playfields, items and game play

i remember reading a thread mentioning a "stealth SMG" for fixers, i guess FC wants to make you agents!