Thread: What level should i go pvp

What level should i go pvp

I have this question, and i hope the replies on this thread can be of advice for others wanting to pvp

I'm lvl 195 and spending quite a bit of cash on my pvm set up, maybe not as much cash as some of the uber people here but enough to keep me permabroke

So anyways, i was wondering what level should i go pvp? i have an ithaca snakemaster in my bank and a few IPRs to be used on tradeskills and such

Now i'm not looking foward to be the best PK ever or anything, just wanna have fun while fighting dirty clanners and winning about the same amount of fights i lose

I got an ithaca and may be planning on a dchest (getting some loans here and there from friends and what not), the rest would be either omni steel ribbed, OTAF or T2. Any other recomendations that would suit an average-to-mediocre PvPr that don't include taraloot?
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

When reading this, remember that I'm a noob engi and might be completely wrong. I'm sure someone will correct me soon though if I am, so no reason to be worried.

Cocoon is a must for pvp. Several other profs are good at causing a lot of dmg fast, and seeing as engis can't heal very quickly, you often need this buffer for surviving the first strike. Most people see cocoon as a must for pvm too though, so you probably have this already.

You need this, which is incredibly powerful when fighting 1v1. If you are not familiar with this line, these shadowlands blocker-nanos refresh, so this one enables you to block 5 special attacks before specials start causing dmg to you, and refreshes after 50sec so you can take 5 new hits and s on. The rk nanos give more blocks compared to the level you can cast them, but do not refresh.

Armor doesn't really matter as much, just go with whatever you use pvm. Ideally you would want armor adding hp/evades/AR, but that's often more of a long term goal. I pvp in the 220ish range in almost full arith which doesn't add anything useful for combat at all. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but usually when I lose I lose horribly so I doubt it's because of my armor. I do plan on changing into armor that adds hp or evades eventually though. Carlos/alyssa boots are easy to get and nice for pvp as they add a nice chunk of hp.

Weaponchoice depends mainly on whether you love your ipr's or not. Today AS is the only way to go to cause pvp dmg effectively for an engi. Pick up an ithaca, get some crit add items, send bots and AS the opponent to the ground. I have no problem believing that AS engi is extremely effective, high and fast regular dmg from bots and a special that lands on everyone is a very nice combo.

I've got other chars using AS for pvp, and think it's a bit boring, so I'm going grenade for pvp. That means getting any kind of item that adds grenade or addalloff so I can land demo-perks on people. The regular bacam-xum dmg is decent when it lands, 500ish a hit and 1k crits often, but if my opponent has any evades at all I rarely hit. Demo-perks are very nice though, as they drain nano (dead doc) and cause a large surprising nuke which can finish people off if I'm lucky. Currently I'm using phatmos booty, carlos danger boots, cancer's gloves of automation knowledge, 2 x globe of clarity and addalloff/grenade right arm implant and have 1800ish AR.

Another reason for not going AS is the hope the Lost Eden will make AS obsolete for most professions. I'm hoping LE will introduce other viable pvp options for engis then AS, and don't want to waste ipr by increasing AS now. This is only my personal oppinion/hope though, and others might disagree.

I don't see any reason why dchest would be good for pvp. Add dmg might add some to an AS, I'm not sure about game mechanics there, but the Ithaca has a mean crit anyway. If you are considering buying dchest you would be better off investing in higher ql symbiants or better armor. AI armor is always nice and some of engi t3 is quite good as well.

Your main problem is probably your level. You are in the slaughter level-range as any 215+ pvp'er can walk up to you and kill you. The 200 slayer is the best one for sk until 217, but all the sl slayers are great for pvp. They have less hp, but the AR is increasingly good as the slayers get higher. The sl-levels give a lot, so you will be able to take a lot more of a beating at 2xx then at 19x. You may try of course, but even at 218 with the best blocker-aura, ql 220-240 symbiants and 217 slayer guarding me I often get killed quite easily.

If you have friends or opponents in your levelrange that you want to pvp, you will probably have fun, but if you want to run around and fight random tagged people I fear you will lose most fights until you get a few more levels.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Awesome, thanks for the advice ^_^
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

i started with decent pvp in around lvl 210 +
    used ithaca snakemaster, and was trying to get as many ss parts as possible.
    Reactive armor was nice to.

As long as you got the refreshing spesial blocker, you can pvp almost everything.

Once upon a time I was bored and I came to omni arena. I was 203-205 lvl, don't remember correctly, 203 dog and black slayer. 3 persons was there: 180+ agent, 190+ solja and 202 solja. I got buffed and enter to 0% area. lol, I was "ganked" by 3 of them =). 40ish secs and I can see 3 corpses. I didn't used any perks, but Nano Feast. I havn't pvp setup.
    Spec blocker is rox. 300ish damage shield for these levels too. -48% reflects also. You can kill every prof of your level with SL pets. Aimed Shot rule pvp
    Boltmaster 212/14 Opifex Engineer
    Equip

Roix 210/14 Opifex Agent
    Equip

HUGE, inc.
    Rimor, Omni.

People do not kill people. Lag does.