EquipTime: 3s
    InitiativeType: RangedInit.
    AttackTime: 2.5s
    RechargeTime: 2.2s
    ClipSize: 40 -- Energy Ammo
    Damage: 105-320 (370) -- PoisonAC
    Atk. Skills: AssaultRifle: 88%
    Pharma Tech: 22%
    (effective attack rating capped at 1250)
    Def. Skills: DodgeRanged: 100%

Requirements

Self Profession == Doctor
    Self TitleLevel >= 5
    Self AssaultRifle >= 901
    Self Pharma Tech >= 601
    Self Burst >= 751
    Self FlingShot >= 501

Events/Effects
    Nano Init... 150
    Stamina...... 23
    NanoPool.... 45
    inteli ......... 10

QL 210 Chemical Plasma Waster - Type B
    NODROP

Attributes:
    AttackRange: 20m
    EquipTime: 3s
    InitiativeType: RangedInit.
    AttackTime: 2.5s
    RechargeTime: 2.2s
    ClipSize: 40 -- Energy Ammo
    Damage: 105-320 (370) -- PoisonAC
    Atk. Skills: AssaultRifle: 88%
    Pharma Tech: 22%
    (effective attack rating capped at 1250)
    Def. Skills: DodgeRanged: 100%

Requirements

Self Profession == Doctor
    Self TitleLevel >= 5
    Self AssaultRifle >= 901
    Self Pharma Tech >= 601
    Self Burst >= 751
    Self FlingShot >= 501

Events/Effects
    Nano Init... 55
    Health..... 150
    Inteli........ 19
    Psy.......... 12

Funcoms version added in 17.3 in 2007
    Doctors Right Hand of Hope
    [URL=http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=267618]Doctors Left Hand of Grace[URL]

Please try not to flame, come with ideas and share your thoughts
    I might be loved, but you make me feel immortal
    Last edited by ForumTroll; May 25th, 2007 at 13:29:27.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

haha i love the +2 xp regain on mage.. lol

well constructed though gj

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

heh I like it, be nice to have pharmatech contrib to AR :P

But assault rifle I don't like, then would be just another prof wearing white sleeves constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar
    heh I like it, be nice to have pharmatech contrib to AR :P

But assault rifle I don't like, then would be just another prof wearing white sleeves constantly
    if you would gimp your healing capability ( not as nanomage but as other) for some lousey AR... YOU do so...

other BETTER sleeves:
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Jan 27th, 2005 at 21:56:42. Reason: Added sleeves

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I won't flame.

Basically, a few points.

1. Assault rifle really isn't a doctor skill.
    2. Making mods that vary according to breed might be kinda tricky to code, especially on a weapon.
    3. The mods are semi interesting, but there are other guns out there that buff similar qualities for more, and at higher levels the mods that that gun offer wouldn't be worth the IP investment.
    4. If it was a pistol that was produced via a tradeskill process, and offered say 30 stamina it might be something the playerbase would go for. HSR arms pistols offer 25 stamina for less IP.
    5. Damage. As a general rule, buff weapons aren't much on damage. With 75 min damage, the gun would be semi decent I'm guessing on RK.

I would suggest making a gun with a buff template, keeping it same for all breeds with no damage to speak of. If you are thinking about making a gun that does decent damage, don't even think about putting a doc only stamp on it
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Portulis
    I won't flame.

Basically, a few points.

1. Assault rifle really isn't a doctor skill.
    2. Making mods that vary according to breed might be kinda tricky to code, especially on a weapon.
    3. The mods are semi interesting, but there are other guns out there that buff similar qualities for more, and at higher levels the mods that that gun offer wouldn't be worth the IP investment.
    4. If it was a pistol that was produced via a tradeskill process, and offered say 30 stamina it might be something the playerbase would go for. HSR arms pistols offer 25 stamina for less IP.
    5. Damage. As a general rule, buff weapons aren't much on damage. With 75 min damage, the gun would be semi decent I'm guessing on RK.

I would suggest making a gun with a buff template, keeping it same for all breeds with no damage to speak of. If you are thinking about making a gun that does decent damage, don't even think about putting a doc only stamp on it
    I do not agree with you, why can't a doctor weapon help, do dmg all at a time?
    but when you combine it, you need to take abit of both...
    anyways, I do not want to compare this weapon to a soldier gun or something, I just want some alternatives out there, and I'm sure many would use it

I'm sure you would like it crat only ;>

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Portulis. Doctors don't kill; they outlast. And giving decent damage to a profession which is already the best healer ingame is going to enrage a lot of people (especially NTs ).

The gun itself is fairly balanced; slow attack time but 2 specials. I personally would change the damage to 100-200(200) so it's more viable in SL. Maybe change the chemical bit in the gun to a poison injector thingy, and change the damage to poison. Wouldn't that be more Doc-like?

I agree that assault rifles aren't traditional Doc weapons but Docs use such a wide variety of weapons nowadays that it doesn't really matter, and at least AR is quite buffable.

The mods should be kept the same for all breeds, and I would suggest +10 int (for nanoskills), +10 psy (for nanopool), +10 stam (why do Docs use stam again?) and +20 Pharma Tech. Or maybe that's too much. Whatever, I'm late for Uni
    Ramillis 210/15 Doctor General of The Red Brotherhood [Equipment/Perks]
    Onaelmel 190/7 NT {retired}
    Quote Originally Posted by Etaks
    {Nerfed by Satenia ... sorry but I have been waiting for this day for to long }

I kind of like it though. Not so much for the doc-deal-dmg thing, but more the whole concept of the gun. Using other things to build other things rocks.... I don't much care for the absurd weapons that are ingame at highlvls, and would welcome a change back to somewhat "normal" conditions...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well...whatever happens lets just hope if a new doc weapon comes out it will req. shotgun! Right Sheffy?
    Icedr 220 Doctor (retired)
    Iceshade 209 Shade

UPDATES:

1. Added NODROP
    2. Changed to poison damage
    3. Modified the dmg abit
    4. created two types of teh gun, insted of diffrent breed types
    .....To change this, just use a scredriver on it

-
    Thanks for all teh post and ideas

-

Compere this gun to a ql 160 JAME blaser - there I can't see a problem making this a doc only gun
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Jan 28th, 2005 at 09:41:44.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Heh I compared it to the JAME when making my original post but the lowest ql one. I still think the max damage is a bit high. The mods should be the main doctor skills, i.e. Psychic, Stamina and Nano Init (and maybe NanoPool and/or heal efficiency).

Why not, instead of making different versions with different mods, alter the tradeskill process so that you can make different weapons. Firstly remove the Nophex component as last time I checked it's not exactly "common". Start with some kind of weapon construction kit and a hacker tool, combine with monster parts, etc, and then combine it with a weapon you want to make i.e. a certain pistol to make a pistol version, a certain shotgun to make a shotgun version, a certain assault rifle to make an assault rifle version, possibly melee versions of the weapons too... you get the idea. Obviously the stats and mods would have to be different for different types since you can dual-wield pistols, etc.

I should point out however that whiel this is a nice idea, I find it extremely unlikely that this will ever be implemented, especially for Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Onaelmel
    Heh I compared it to the JAME when making my original post but the lowest ql one. I still think the max damage is a bit high. The mods should be the main doctor skills, i.e. Psychic, Stamina and Nano Init (and maybe NanoPool and/or heal efficiency).

Why not, instead of making different versions with different mods, alter the tradeskill process so that you can make different weapons. Firstly remove the Nophex component as last time I checked it's not exactly "common". Start with some kind of weapon construction kit and a hacker tool, combine with monster parts, etc, and then combine it with a weapon you want to make i.e. a certain pistol to make a pistol version, a certain shotgun to make a shotgun version, a certain assault rifle to make an assault rifle version, possibly melee versions of the weapons too... you get the idea. Obviously the stats and mods would have to be different for different types since you can dual-wield pistols, etc.

I should point out however that whiel this is a nice idea, I find it extremely unlikely that this will ever be implemented, especially for Doctors.
    check the new stats for what they add

I hear you.. so it will require alarge number of votes to get funcom to make tradeskill weapons for doc's

UPDATE:
    1. Changed abit in the "How to make"

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

My point was that there's more important things to do than gives Docs another weapon - like adding new content, fixing broken professions (*cough* NT *cough*), etc. Besides, Docs are pretty good as they are now.

If this was actually implemented, I would ACUTALLY have a weapon I would want to switch to...

It's hard to find a weapon you want as a doc, and if you do find that good weapon, you're gunna spend A LOT of IP and twinkage time to get in to it, espeically if you REALLY wanna be different from every other doc out there. I know as I was one of the top 10 docs to do Gelids, it was something different, never done, and sort of hard to do.

This weapon also allows our Pharma Tech to be used for something... which in my opinion is a VERY neglected trade skill. And yes, Docs are pretty well off, and yeah, we're "out lasters". A docs AR will never be high enough for us to do uber damage to mobs in SL who's ACs are god like. So, really I'm not worried about that.. also the attack time/recharge time will make sure of that as well, plus us healing will stop our attacks too, or any casting we do... so there's a lot to consider..

I like the idea, it's great and sounds good... I hope it's something that's actually considered.
    Seraphime - 215/11 Doc
    Proud Member of Uprising

Nice post :-)

I think it could be ok to have some new doctor-only weapons with mediocre or less damage and very nice buffs. I would like to see them use ranged energy (since we have power up) or pistol skills, and that they add healing efficiency and nano delta.

Damage-wise the weapon could be similar to the maw. Ip-wise it could require maybe pistol _and_ ranged energy or have fling and a really slow burst, or maybe a faster burst and less damage.

Hmm or maybe not, we would miss out on all the "whats the best weapon"-discussions and there would be less room for choice.

Just make our doc only weapon uber, and then we can be the true soloers of AO ;p

Who cares about all those OTHER professions!

Just kidding!

Just thought it fun to say something like that...

/me goes back to his alcohol...
    Seraphime - 215/11 Doc
    Proud Member of Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphime
    Just make our doc only weapon uber, and then we can be the true soloers of AO ;p

Who cares about all those OTHER professions!

Just kidding!

Just thought it fun to say something like that...

/me goes back to his alcohol...
    You need treatment, and you are on the right place!

-

I would like some more ideas or thought, will doctors have a tradeskill weapon online, maybe we should make sheffy dosoemthing about it

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

If my Pharma Tech actually begins getting a use again, maybe I'll not IP reset it like my original plan is... I have well over 1K Pharma Tech, and all it's good for is turning ql 300 Monster Parts into ql 200 Blood Plasma, oh and also making those nifty stims we can make and swim stims.... but yeah, considering I can make 100's of swim stims in one go, and never use them all for myself, I'm quite well set, hehe...

Anyway, I'd love a tradeskill weapons for docs, I think it'd be a neat idea, especially if it makes use of our Pharma Tech skill... and hell it should make use of weapon smithing too, considering the skill is aqua (light green, whatever you wanna call it) to us too for some god given reason, heh... so some kind of plan for us creating weapons was in there I believe... Or maybe it's a fluke we can so easily learn Weapon Smithing too.

Anyway, I talked enough, I'm still waking up, so I'll shut up now.
    Seraphime - 215/11 Doc
    Proud Member of Uprising

Just make sure it looks good.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I want a fletchette gun that needs us to buy normal bullets which we then need to treat.. maybe using chem and pharma.

Or maybe some kinda tranquliser gun call it the Insane Asylum Sidearm/rifle :P
    GlaDos: There was even going to be a party for you. A big party, that all of your friends were invited to. I invited your best friend, 'the Companion Cube'. Of course, he couldn't come, because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either, because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast