Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bureaucrat Guide

Cool Bureaucrat Guide

This was originally written by Simtal pre shadowlands and i have added my own thoughts and comments along the way to include my experience of shadowlands as i have levelled my bureaucrat using that expansion. It was written and updated perhaps a year ago and while it echoes a lot of other guides i thought i'd shove it on here for other people to read thru. Those without the expansion packs will no doubt benefit from the majority of what is written below.

1. Breed. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, thus it comes down to a matter of personal preference. Our tier armor is linked to intelligence/psychic so you might want to think twice about rolling an atrox if you want to use tier armor. having said that the 1st bureaucrat to reach 220 was an Atrox. Maybe this is due to his extra pile of hp or maybe he just played a lot!

2. Implants. MC & TS for Droid, PM SI & BM for Charms, PM & SI for calms. Thus, you are stronger in one particular type of pet over the other.

I choose to concentrate on having a stronger Droid, but back in those times there was no %level factor in calms, team missions didn't exist in the format they are today and I solo'd a lot.

2b. Symbiants.These are obtained by killing pocketbosses a guide for which you will no doubt find on the Shadowlands section. A bureaucrat can only use Extermination and Control symbiants. It is my experience that Control are by far the better of the two although extremination are still ok. The huge advantage of Symbiants is that they buff many more skills than the old style rubi-ka ones. You can genrally start accumulating a decent amount of these from level 66 onwards. All symbiants are level locked (you must be a certain level before you can implant them).

Do not ignore rubi ka implants though as you may well need to use a few of these. For example a ql 200 intelligence implant will give you 105 intelligence. To get the same amount of intelligence from a brain symbiant will require you to be at least level 154 (and more likely level 202+ owing to the very high requirements of equipping one.

TIP *First aid perks can raise treatment by 10 for 1 perk and 30 if you spend 2 - very useful for those last few points*

3. Charms.
    The biggest problem is the Psychic check, the following has been "lifted" from the crat boards. The data is from other crats experiences and a forumla to calc the levels.

Type: Stable charm has longer duration and lower NR than Unstable.
    Max Mob Lvl canbe increased slightly if you use psychic debuff/briefcase.

ql : nano name : type : Pyschic : max mob lvl
    20 : Temporary Glamor : stable : 68 : 37
    27 : Lesser Pheromone Control :unstable : 82 : 44
    33 : Bend Will :stable : 98 : 52
    40 : Soft Siren Call : unstable : 110 : 58
    47 : Dominate Psyche : stable : 124 : 65
    53 : Personal Magnetism : unstable : 142 : 74
    63 : Solicit Support : stable : 159 : 82
    76 : Pheromone Control : unstable : 184 : 95
    89 : Impose Will : stable : 200 : 103
    96 : Lesser Charismatic Rapture : unstable : 222 : 114
    109 : Captivated Thoughts : stable : 242 : 124
    123 : Siren Call : unstable : 264 : 135
    136 : Allure of Servitude : stable : 286 : 146
    149 : Enrapturing Bondage : unstable : 306 : 156
    152 : Insidious Beguilement : stable : 326 : 166
    159 : Temporary Allegiance : unstable : 346 : 176
    162 : Inveigle Support : stable : 374 : 189
    169 : Charismatic Rapture : Unstable : 407 : 206
    179 : Total Mental Domination : Stable : 454 : 209
    189 : Displace Thought Patterns : Unstable : 454 :209

Also, choose your charm wisely, I found enforcer type (melee types) and soldier type mobs do most damage.

3b Shadowlands Charms.

These are obtainable from the shadowlands gardens/Sanctuaries. They enable you to charm higher level mobs than their rk counterparts owing to their increased psychic checks. There are also Team Empowered charms, the more teammates you have the higher level mob you can charm. This i believe has a small increase if you have the team lead too. I will endeavour to confirm this.

4. Roots Snares Calms Fears and Stuns.
    Calm is the other skill we are renowned for and the only one I really used for most of my levelling, but then as stated earlier there was no %level. So, roots and snares come into play a lot more at lower level. Especially the area affects if out hunting.

Fears suffer from psychic checks, listing below, please note that the data is based on a formula and other crat experiences.

ql : nano name : Pyschic : max mob lvl
    37 : Sudden Scare : 114 : 60
    57 : Pray On Fear : 162 : 84
    70 : Sneaking Terror : 139 : 72
    90 : Terror Blast : 200 : 103
    110 : Crush Bravery : 228 : 117
    130 : Visions Of A Doomed Future : 312 : 159
    159 : Primal Fear : 374 : 190
    179 : Horror From The Darkest Pit : 449 : 209 ??

I use fears to scare away Mob's or in PvP the enemies pets.

Stuns are useful in many situations but are only short duration and long recharge. Ideal in tower PvP against a raging Enforcer, provided it lands the enfo will be a standing target for 5 seconds.

4b Again there are Team Empowered calms. These will enable you to calm higher level mobs while you are teamed in much the same way as team empowered charms. Again available from shadowlands gardens and sanctuaries.

5. Style:
    It's up to you how you want to team, lead from the front and line up the mobs, go ahead of the team and calm everything, or stay back and protect the doctor and weaker elements of the team.

I prefered the keep with the team (speeches then buff them) and contol the adds.

6. Solo:
    Arguably we are the best at this. But, at times it does become difficult when the next charm is only a few points away are you are stuck in the middle of a skill lock. But, my last four levels to 200 was achieved over 4 days (Easter Weekend) by doing 50% solo missions. I netted 50m credits, a few soul fragments, a 7% xp ring and some other useful items. But, when I solo I have a team that 99% of the team do exactly as I say

7. PVP - tower not duel
    The secret to PVP is to understand your role in the battle. I know that I can't really kill anyone by myself or take a lot of hits so I try to keep out of the front line and hide as mush as I can.

The outside buffs I really really want:
    Fixer, NCU,
    MP, PM SI and TS mochams (I use area root/snares/calms fear and stun, oh and a nuke),
    NT, Nano range increaser, HE and CC
    and if I got room after my self buffed concealment buffs
    agent, rifle AS buffs
    enforcer, essence
    Doctor, HP buffs
    Fixer, run and Hot.

I have a hard core nano range increaser in deck 3 and my nano recomplier in deck 6 and I play on 99% defensive and run the Nano Resist speech.

Tactics:
    Rename your pet after you and put on follow.
    Keep the clan front line between you and the Omnis and try to target the front Omni and area root. If it sticks do area snare/calm too. It's also a good idea to retreat a bit at this point so when the Omnis want to target the little so n so that rooted them they will find your pet and attack that instead, pets are a bit slow when they follow

I generally only AS/nuke a target when the clanners go on the push and the leader calls out the target. So sometimes my AS and Nuke out damages the 10 other peoples specials

At the end of the battle switch of all speeches. When you enter a 75% area and a "PVP flagged" person receives your speech then you will also be "PVP flagged"

8. Unknown:
    No matter what level you are there are lots of people out there that do not know what a crat can do. So you can suprise them with two RM enforcers doing the ballet etc etc.

9. Perk Guide. (Thanks to Deamona for this as i ripped it directly from her excellent perk guide which you can find stickied complete with links here on the crat forum).

You gain 1 perk every 10 levels and then one for every level over 200. Here is a summary of a bureaucrats perks.

Directorship
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing XP/SK buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the XP bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 36
    PsychologicalModification 36
    SensoryImprovement 36
    Psychology 120

Available Actions:

Leadership - Your experience gain will be temporarily increased because of the effect of Leadership. Activated on level 4 trained.
    Duration: 45 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 50%
    Recharge: 10 minutes

Governance - The effect of this Special is a short duration team XP buff. Activated on level 6 trained.
    Duration: 50 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 75%

Director - The effect of this Special is a short duration team XP buff. Activated on level 8 trained.
    Duration: 55 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 100%

Additional Note: This perk line becomes obsolete at 220.

Insurance Agent
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing XP/SK reclaim buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the XP reclaim bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 18
    PsychologicalModification 18
    SensoryImprovement 18
    Psychology 80

Available Actions:

Insurance Claim - The Insurance Claim special ability of a bureaucrat increases the rate at which you regain experience stored after your last death.
    Duration: 60 minutes -> 3 hours
    Effect: RegainXPPercentage 50% -> 150%
    Recharge: 60 sec.

Additional Note: This perk line becomes obsolete at 220.

Commanding Presence
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing Add All Def / Off buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the Add All Def / Off bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    none

Available Actions:
    none

This perk grants a team only add all def / off aura. It gets better with more perks invested in the line.
    L10 Trained:
    AddAllOff 260
    AddAllDef 100
    XPModifier 2%

Additional Note: A welcome addition to teams, which helps to hit the target. Sadly this perk line has no specials and dosent affect the pets.

Bureaucratic Shuffle

Statistic Mods:
    MaxHealth 200
    DodgeRanged 40
    EvadeClsC 40
    DuckExp 40

Available Actions:

Doge the Blame - The effect of this Special is a self high dmsmodifier buff, you get at perk 1 trained. It gets better with more perks invested in the line.
    Duration: 15 -> 18 sec
    Effect: AddAllDef 3800 (L 10 trained)
    Recharge: 2 minutes

Succumb - The effect of this Special is a evade and AC debuff. Activated on level 4 trained.
    Duration: 18 sec.
    Effect: -4500 AC, -250 EvadeClsC
    Recharge: 4 minutes

Confound With Rules - The effect of this Special is a snare and evade debuff. Activated on level 7 trained.
    Duration: 22 sec.
    Effect: RunSpeed -900, EvadeClsC -400

Additional Note: Perk has a good, very short duration add all def buff. The rest of the specials is of questionable use.

Carefull in Battle

Statistic Mods:
    AddAllDef 300
    CritialResistance 80

Available Actions:

Evasive Stance - The effect of this Special is a moderate duration self-only dmsmodifier buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the bonus for himself will be.
    Duration: 1 minute 20 seconds
    Effect: AddAllDef 1000 (L 10 Trained)

Additional Note: Perk offers a good add all def bonus and -crit modifiers.

Starfall

Statistic Mods:
    MaxHealth 160
    MaxNanoEnergy 400
    MaterialMetamorphosis 15
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 15
    PsychologicalModification 15
    MaterialCreation 15

SpaceTime 15
    SensoryImprovement 15

Available Actions:

Dazzle with Lights - The effect of this Special is a attackmodifier and initiatives debuff. Activated on level 1.
    Duration: 15 seconds
    Effect: -800 Inits, -300 AddAllOff
    Recharge: 35 sec.

Combust - Special requires Dazzle with Lights to already run
    It will be more efficient if target is already running Napalm Spray
    The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 3.
    Duration: none
    Effect: Health -346 -644

Thermal Detonation - Special requires Combust to already run
    It will be more efficient if target is already running Napalm Spray
    The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 6.
    Effect: Health -1184 -2200

Supernova - Special requires Thermal Detonation to already run
    The effect of this Special is a large direct damage. Activated on level 10.
    Effect: Health -3982 -7396
    Recharge: 90 sec.

Additional Note: The attack skill of this perk is based on Mater Creation, a non-green skill for the Bureacrat. Landing specials might be hard, which brakes the chain.

Pistol Mastery

Statistic Mods:
    Pistol 115
    FlingShot 13
    DamageModifier 33

Available Actions:

Quick Shot - The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 2 trained.
    Effect: Health -71 -133
    Recharge: 45 sec.

Double Shot - The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 5 trained.
    Effect: Health -475 -881
    Recharge: 55 sec.

Additional Note: This weapon perk line is very weak compared to others, use only when you need to equip a weapon.

Nano Doctorate

Statistic Mods:
    MaterialMetamorphosis 100
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 100
    PsychologicalModification 100
    MaterialCreation 100
    SpaceTime 100
    SensoryImprovement 100

Available Actions:

Shutdown Removal 1 - The effect of this Special is a self remove nano shutdown and temporary immunity. Activated on level 7 trained.
    Effect: ReduceNanoDuration Nano Shutdown

Shutdown Removal 2 - The effect of this Special is a self remove nano shutdown and temporary immunity. Activated on level 10 trained.
    Duration: 10 sec.
    Effect: ReduceNanoDuration Nano Shutdown

Additional Note: This perk will help to reach high skill requirements to cast nanos. Otherwise you can spend the 10 points elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ven; Jan 23rd, 2005 at 01:18:20.

10. Weaponry.

You may decide to neglect this area altogether relying on your nukes (damage nano's) although be warned that at high levels your nuke is likely to draw aggro away from your pets somewhat limiting your survival prospects.

Unlike most proffessions where it is obvious which line of weaponry you should choose a Bureaucrat can pretty much use what they like. The obvious choice would be to use pistols. This is because the only nano crystal which buffs a weapon skill specifically for a Bureaucrat is a +20 pistol buff we have. Also you can add perks into Pistol mastery and increase your skills that way too. Pistol is not as IP intensive as most of the other skills which are dark blue.

I have heard it said that using a weapon "out of prof" (that is to say going against the grain of your buffs/skills) is like committing suicide! While that is maybe true of the bulk of the proffesions it may not be quite so true of a bureaucrat. By using a different style of weapon you will only be sacrificing the +20 pistol and maybe any perks you choose to put into Pistol Mastery. I would therefore say that a bureaucrat is free to wield whatsoever they choose.

I would recommend to use pistols however as there are some great pistols you can use for buffing (o.e.t.co.jess adding psy/int nsr arms for stamina or even mti b-94 for additional xp). If you are looking for decent damage from your guns then you should try Flux pistols. These have decent high minimum damage which is great for shadowlands althought they can fire a bit slow if you allow your ranged init to be low. They drop at all ql's from shadowlands mobs and are freely available to buy.

That said i use an assault rifle! although i have a high pistol skill too for those great buffing pistols. I certainly wouldn't put anyone off trying any type of weaponry they so choose.

MrFlibbles added that regarding weapon choice : if you are using control symbs then you will only have pistol skill added. So you will need to keep some imps in to add to your prefered weapon skill if you don't go pistol. I have done exactly this with my choice of weaponry, assault rifle.
    Last edited by Ven; Jan 23rd, 2005 at 01:27:28. Reason: Because Bureaucrats insist on pushing their pens and giving me more papers to fill out before i can call the guide complete. Damn pen-pushers and red tape

Excellent guide, nice work!

err... Gunslinger only buffs +20

Great guide though. Sums it up nicely.

edit: would be nice to get all SL charms and SL calms added in there too.
    Last edited by Labelslave; Jan 21st, 2005 at 18:12:04.
    Main:
    Ignyte
    President of Corporate Justice (Atlantean)

Gameplayer
    Editor, Writer

nice work. Once point worth adding in regarding weapon choice is that if you are using control symbs then you will only have pistol skill added. So you will need to keep some imps in to add to your prefered weapon skill if you don't go pistol.
    General of Black Faction (RK2)
    Mrflibbles TL7 Opi MA setup
    Notumadik TL7 Nano Engie setup
    Holovirus TL7 Nano MP
    Razue TL5 Soli Crat
    Docprozac TL7 Soli Doc setup

Make auto arranging nanos by nanoline possible

Maybe put some colors and bold text on the headings?
    It looked really dull and I couldn't bother to read it through.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

The guide isn't bad at all. I'd like to see Kithrak or Czarina do the honors as my text formatting abilities are more trox than nanomage.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Points noted, i'll do the editing tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad
    Maybe put some colors and bold text on the headings?
    It looked really dull and I couldn't bother to read it through.
    Have now made headings a little larger and bolder for ease of reading. Label was quite right about gunslinger and that has been added too. If anyone has any more suggestions i will implement those as i go along. Will add other comments to the guide so keep em coming.

MrFlibbles good point about control symbs is also now in there.

I will add the SL charms/calms at a later date i promice. Maybe if i ever get the hang of this VB coding i can get links in too.
    Last edited by Ven; Jan 23rd, 2005 at 01:26:16.

Lots of nice info here, and formatting is better

Playing a crat is challenging to say the least and the more information the better. I love how helpful the crat community is these days!
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

Very nice guide, i really liked the charm max level info, rather handy
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Why isn't this guide rooted???
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlibbles
    nice work. Once point worth adding in regarding weapon choice is that if you are using control symbs then you will only have pistol skill added. So you will need to keep some imps in to add to your prefered weapon skill if you don't go pistol.
    As pointed out by Yarana, Left Arm Symbiant, Control actually have Bright Piercing too.

God knows why FC thinks we (Engineer, Trader, MP) need it, but I'm sure it's for the same reason Infantry symbs are missing Faded MA skill, or Artillery lacks Burst.
    Last edited by delsabre; Jun 20th, 2005 at 18:47:13.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Kithrak is the thread arranger, this can be stuck in the Forum guide (that is there to keep having so many stickies the new topics get bumped to page two quicker than they should).
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ven
    This was originally written by Simtal pre shadowlands and i have added my own thoughts and comments along the way to include my experience of shadowlands as i have levelled my bureaucrat using that expansion. It was written and updated perhaps a year ago and while it echoes a lot of other guides i thought i'd shove it on here for other people to read thru. Those without the expansion packs will no doubt benefit from the majority of what is written below.

1. Breed. They all have their advantages and disadvantages, thus it comes down to a matter of personal preference. Our tier armor is linked to intelligence/psychic so you might want to think twice about rolling an atrox if you want to use tier armor. having said that the 1st bureaucrat to reach 220 was an Atrox. Maybe this is due to his extra pile of hp or maybe he just played a lot!

2. Implants. MC & TS for Droid, PM SI & BM for Charms, PM & SI for calms. Thus, you are stronger in one particular type of pet over the other.

I choose to concentrate on having a stronger Droid, but back in those times there was no %level factor in calms, team missions didn't exist in the format they are today and I solo'd a lot.

2b. Symbiants.These are obtained by killing pocketbosses a guide for which you will no doubt find on the Shadowlands section. A bureaucrat can only use Extermination and Control symbiants. It is my experience that Control are by far the better of the two although extremination are still ok. The huge advantage of Symbiants is that they buff many more skills than the old style rubi-ka ones. You can genrally start accumulating a decent amount of these from level 66 onwards. All symbiants are level locked (you must be a certain level before you can implant them).

Do not ignore rubi ka implants though as you may well need to use a few of these. For example a ql 200 intelligence implant will give you 105 intelligence. To get the same amount of intelligence from a brain symbiant will require you to be at least level 154 (and more likely level 202+ owing to the very high requirements of equipping one.

TIP *First aid perks can raise treatment by 10 for 1 perk and 30 if you spend 2 - very useful for those last few points*

3. Charms.
    The biggest problem is the Psychic check, the following has been "lifted" from the crat boards. The data is from other crats experiences and a forumla to calc the levels.

Type: Stable charm has longer duration and lower NR than Unstable.
    Max Mob Lvl canbe increased slightly if you use psychic debuff which can be bought in the store/briefcase.

ql : nano name : type : Pyschic : max mob lvl
    20 : Temporary Glamor : stable : 68 : 37
    27 : Lesser Pheromone Control :unstable : 82 : 44
    33 : Bend Will :stable : 98 : 52
    40 : Soft Siren Call : unstable : 110 : 58
    47 : Dominate Psyche : stable : 124 : 65
    53 : Personal Magnetism : unstable : 142 : 74
    63 : Solicit Support : stable : 159 : 82
    76 : Pheromone Control : unstable : 184 : 95
    89 : Impose Will : stable : 200 : 103
    96 : Lesser Charismatic Rapture : unstable : 222 : 114
    109 : Captivated Thoughts : stable : 242 : 124
    123 : Siren Call : unstable : 264 : 135
    136 : Allure of Servitude : stable : 286 : 146
    149 : Enrapturing Bondage : unstable : 306 : 156
    152 : Insidious Beguilement : stable : 326 : 166
    159 : Temporary Allegiance : unstable : 346 : 176
    162 : Inveigle Support : stable : 374 : 189
    169 : Charismatic Rapture : Unstable : 407 : 206
    179 : Total Mental Domination : Stable : 454 : 209
    189 : Displace Thought Patterns : Unstable : 454 :209

Also, choose your charm wisely, I found enforcer type (melee types) and soldier type mobs do most damage.

3b Shadowlands Charms.

These are obtainable from the shadowlands gardens/Sanctuaries. They enable you to charm higher level mobs than their rk counterparts owing to their increased psychic checks. There are also Team Empowered charms, the more teammates you have the higher level mob you can charm. This i believe has a small increase if you have the team lead too. I will endeavour to confirm this.

4. Roots Snares Calms Fears and Stuns.

Calm is the other skill we are renowned for and the only one I really used for most of my levelling, but then as stated earlier there was no %level. So, roots and snares come into play a lot more at lower level. Especially the area affects if out hunting.

Fears suffer from psychic checks, listing below, please note that the data is based on a formula and other crat experiences.

ql : nano name : Pyschic : max mob lvl
    37 : Sudden Scare : 114 : 60
    57 : Pray On Fear : 162 : 84
    70 : Sneaking Terror : 139 : 72
    90 : Terror Blast : 200 : 103
    110 : Crush Bravery : 228 : 117
    130 : Visions Of A Doomed Future : 312 : 159
    159 : Primal Fear : 374 : 190
    179 : Horror From The Darkest Pit : 449 : 209 ??

I use fears to scare away Mob's or in PvP the enemies pets.

Stuns are useful in many situations but are only short duration and long recharge. Ideal in tower PvP against a raging Enforcer, provided it lands the enfo will be a standing target for 5 seconds.

4b Again there are Team Empowered calms. These will enable you to calm higher level mobs while you are teamed in much the same way as team empowered charms. Again available from shadowlands gardens and sanctuaries.

5. Style:
    It's up to you how you want to team, lead from the front and line up the mobs, go ahead of the team and calm everything, or stay back and protect the doctor and weaker elements of the team.

I prefered the keep with the team (speeches then buff them) and contol the adds.

6. Solo:
    Arguably we are the best at this. But, at times it does become difficult when the next charm is only a few points away are you are stuck in the middle of a skill lock. But, my last four levels to 200 was achieved over 4 days (Easter Weekend) by doing 50% solo missions. I netted 50m credits, a few soul fragments, a 7% xp ring and some other useful items. But, when I solo I have a team that 99% of the team do exactly as I say

7. PVP - tower not duel
    The secret to PVP is to understand your role in the battle. I know that I can't really kill anyone by myself or take a lot of hits so I try to keep out of the front line and hide as mush as I can.

The outside buffs I really really want:
    Soldier, RRFE
    Engi, Sloughing Field
    Enf, Behemoth, CS
    Fixer, GSF, HOT, NCU,

MP, PM SI and TS mochams (I use area root/snares/calms fear and stun, oh and a nuke),
    NT, Nano range increaser, HE and CC
    and if I got room after my self buffed concealment buffs
    Agent, rifle AS buffs
    Doctor, HP buffs

I have a hard core nano range increaser in deck 3 and my nano recomplier in deck 6 and I play on 99% defensive and run the Nano Resist speech.

Tactics:
    Rename your pet after you and put on follow, be creeative, name your pet after someone that will either confuse your enemy or scare them. (Someone good at pvp).
    Keep the clan front line between you and the Omnis and try to target the front Omni and area root. If it sticks do area snare/calm too. It's also a good idea to retreat a bit at this point so when the Omnis want to target the little so n so that rooted them they will find your pet and attack that instead, pets are a bit slow when they follow

I generally only AS/nuke a target when the clanners go on the push and the leader calls out the target. So sometimes my AS and Nuke out damages the 10 other peoples specials

At the end of the battle switch of all speeches. When you enter a 75% area and a "PVP flagged" person receives your speech then you will also be "PVP flagged"

The best AS weapons for shotgun are: Ithaca, Onehander; the best rifles are: Alsaqri, Zastaba. The best Bow is Sapphistic.

8. Unknown:
    No matter what level you are there are lots of people out there that do not know what a crat can do. So you can suprise them with two RM enforcers doing the ballet etc etc.

9. Perk Guide. (Thanks to Deamona for this as i ripped it directly from her excellent perk guide which you can find stickied complete with links here on the crat forum).

(changed nothing here).

10. Weaponry.

You may decide to neglect this area altogether relying on your nukes (damage nano's) although be warned that at high levels your nuke is likely to draw aggro away from your pets somewhat limiting your survival prospects.

Unlike most proffessions where it is obvious which line of weaponry you should choose a Bureaucrat can pretty much use what they like. The obvious choice would be to use pistols. This is because the only nano crystal which buffs a weapon skill specifically for a Bureaucrat is a +20 pistol buff we have. Also you can add perks into Pistol mastery and increase your skills that way too. Pistol is not as IP intensive as most of the other skills which are dark blue.

I have heard it said that using a weapon "out of prof" (that is to say going against the grain of your buffs/skills) is like committing suicide! While that is maybe true of the bulk of the proffesions it may not be quite so true of a bureaucrat. By using a different style of weapon you will only be sacrificing the +20 pistol and maybe any perks you choose to put into Pistol Mastery. I would therefore say that a bureaucrat is free to wield whatsoever they choose.

I would recommend to use pistols however as there are some great pistols you can use for buffing (o.e.t.co.jess adding psy/int nsr arms for stamina or even mti b-94 for additional xp). If you are looking for decent damage from your guns then you should try Flux pistols. These have decent high minimum damage which is great for shadowlands althought they can fire a bit slow if you allow your ranged init to be low. They drop at all ql's from shadowlands mobs and are freely available to buy.

That said i use an assault rifle! although i have a high pistol skill too for those great buffing pistols. I certainly wouldn't put anyone off trying any type of weaponry they so choose.

MrFlibbles added that regarding weapon choice : if you are using control symbs then you will only have pistol skill added. So you will need to keep some imps in to add to your prefered weapon skill if you don't go pistol. I have done exactly this with my choice of weaponry, assault rifle.

For those of you with a lot of cash or a lot of time, Massive Bolt Charger is a good pvm option, don't bother trying to pvp with it. The upgraded Sleek Cannon from Alien Play Fields also makes a nice pvm choice, and competes closely with the MBC for top damage.
    (sorry about spamming with all of this again, I added a touch of color and a little bit here and there mostly about pvp)

Would it be possible to add a links section into the guide:

For example

The Cubicle

Old Pistol Guide

Very busy lately, i'll see what i can do. Throw any links/alterations/additional info you want in, and i'll do my best to add it all in to the original text at the top.

Great work so far. Keep it going.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

/me cracks the whip on his minions and says keep up the good work gang!
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    aren't you suppose to inspire us with a nice speech instead of cracking your whip?
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast