Thread: New backpacks!

Lightbulb New backpacks!

I was just cleaning out my bank and organizing all the junk I have collected, and I ended up buying several of those large backpacks with the logos on them. I like it very much when I can tell what's in the pack without opening it. I did have quite a few things that didn't really belong in any of those packs, so I'd like to suggest some additional backpacks that could be added in. They could also buff skills when you wear them, like some of the packs already in use.

Pack Name - Skills Buffed
    • Monster Parts - pharma tech (I know I would buy a ton of these)
    • Maps - map navigation
    • NCU belts & chips - comp lit
    • Jewelry (rings, bracers, gems, etc.) - mech engineering
    • Furniture - no ideas for skills for this one

Bump if you like this idea, or have suggestions for more packs that can be added.

Re: New backpacks!

Originally posted by Cayana

• Furniture - no ideas for skills for this one

How about Sense and/or Intelligence... gotta know what you're doing when decorating that condo

My suggestions:

- More bp's for Nano crystals, either for each prof or for each type of nano (Combat, Medical, PSI etc...).

- Cluster backpack (to complement the implant bp).

- Augmentation backpack (for the completed augmentations (implants with clusters)).

- At least one more weapon backpack... the current is great, and with the pistol(?) logo on it it's perfect for ranged weapons... now a version with a melee weap logo on it would be excellent.

- Tools & devices. Somewhere to keep that screwdriver, ore extractor, lock pick, bomb defuser, cloaking dev etc. when not in use.

No suggestions for skill adds on these, as I don't see that as a prerequisite... I need storage options more than the puny skill buffs, so the general, cheapo packs with logos will suffice

My dream, of course, is tag-able packs, where you can enter your own 5-7 letter name to show on mouse-over... to bad it won't happen...
    Last edited by Hitokage; Jul 8th, 2002 at 09:39:06.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Good idea Cayana.

I'd add a 'For sale' one for items, duh, for sale and a 'Hold' or 'Guild' ones for stuff that I'm holding for my guilders

da'Foot

Inanis

I love this idea, but I dont quite like the skill bufs. Take the Jewelry pack you suggested, I would wear this pack in missions so I could use my better trimmer, stuff like that.

So personally I can do without the skill buffs, but make _more_ unique packs! Being an engineer, two essential packs would have to be "Weapon components" and "Jewelry".

But why sell 50 different packs? I think it would be much better if you only had the basics (small, medium, large) backpacks, then you could buy labels to put on these (shift -rightclick)
    Using this you could have many, many more types of packs without cluttering up the container shop, and you would have 3 categories instead of just 1 (considering you can label small and medium packs also)

Inanis, I'd still like collors on the backpack. Just make 12 colored ones. 3 sizes. No reqs.

bfd Fc, how hard is that

da'Foot

Ohh yeah, we need a pack just for trimmers too! My engineer has tons of those things.

And in reply to Inanis, yeah, I would wear them for skill gains too, so? I see no problem with that. Of course I mean they should give very small buffs, like the packs already in use. Maybe a boost of 5 to mech engineering or something, I don't see that as being a big issue. Just a small perk for people who like to wear packs.