Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Omni-Tek Monthly Department Meetings (Concept)

*chuckles*
    I'm sure either myself or another member of Devils Advocate will be more then happy to attend these meetings. The voices of the lunatic fringe have to heard as well, no? Since we were unable to buy a seat in the CoT this will be even better seeing as we wouldn't have to wear full protective suits to protect ourselves from the filth the clanners seem to love living in.

Trybes.

Me (Equimon) or Virta or Jadeshimmer will represent Omni-Pol on the meeting. Kinda depends on that day, dunno who has time at that given time. But most likely I will attend.
    "I wont let my precious comrades die..."
    207|11 Equimon Solitus Soldier
    150|0 Wildcardz Atrox Enforcer
    092|0 Bloodnerve Solitus Doctor
    075|0 Layered Opifex Meta-Physist
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

I will discuss this with the org i am a member of to ,the Honored Maidens.
    Rheena
    Rk1

Quote Originally Posted by Trybes
    *chuckles*
    I'm sure either myself or another member of Devils Advocate will be more then happy to attend these meetings. The voices of the lunatic fringe have to heard as well, no? Since we were unable to buy a seat in the CoT this will be even better seeing as we wouldn't have to wear full protective suits to protect ourselves from the filth the clanners seem to love living in.

Trybes.
    Oh yes. Oh yes we will!

((Of course, figuring out which department we would fit under is going to be a challenge. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Actually figuring where one’s org fits in will be a challenge for a lot of Omni orgs.

Thus follows a short history of Omni roleplaying orgs filled with wild, sweeping generalisations.

In the early days most of the Omni orgs were pretty much all modelled as sub-divisions of official Omni-Tek departments ready to take part in the promised 4 year storyline. When the story failed to materialise, a lot of these first generation orgs hit problems. In many instances they disbanded or gave up on roleplaying all together, Omni-Pol being the most notable exception.

The 2nd generation Omni roleplaying orgs were pretty much a result to this climate. We figured if there was not going to be an official story, then we’ll just have to make our own. And in doing so we created a lot of unconventional, anti-establishment sort orgs like Devils Advocate, SoS, the various entertainment org and of course RUR .

So while Nevver’s remark might have been said just in jest, she does make a good point.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I mentioned to Dabblez earlier about trying to gain access to work that we had put in on previous projects to see if there is any ground work anyone has completed before in which ideas could be utilised or used as a frame work for something completely different.

I have been trying to find brainstorming sessions from the CCM meetings, also I would imagine that there was a lot of groundwork put in before SPARTA was launched to think of just 2 examples.

Not that I am saying that I think that these ideas should be repeated, but there were structures and examples that we could draw on for ideas.

Anyway, whether these thoughts are entirely suitable or not I will see what I can find before the meeting on Atlantean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard
    I have been trying to find brainstorming sessions from the CCM meetings, also I would imagine that there was a lot of groundwork put in before SPARTA was launched to think of just 2 examples.

Not that I am saying that I think that these ideas should be repeated, but there were structures and examples that we could draw on for ideas.

Anyway, whether these thoughts are entirely suitable or not I will see what I can find before the meeting on Atlantean.
    Ah yes.... the Colonial Corporate Militia (CCM). Call it burnout, call it fatigue, call it death from RP starvation, but I have been mostly out of it for the past few months and reexamining my options to find a way to rp without having to work myself to death in the process. If this Omni thing goes through I can be persuaded to come out of retirement for some cratty RP goodness.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Actually figuring where one’s org fits in will be a challenge for a lot of Omni orgs.

The 2nd generation Omni roleplaying orgs were pretty much a result to this climate. We figured if there was not going to be an official story, then we’ll just have to make our own. And in doing so we created a lot of unconventional, anti-establishment sort orgs like Devils Advocate, SoS, the various entertainment org and of course RUR .

So while Nevver’s remark might have been said just in jest, she does make a good point.
    This is actually an excellent point - on Rimor I don't even think there are any official RP orgs for Omni-Tek aside from Project Shadow and, although to a lesser extent, Disciples of Omni-Tek. Now mind you, Project Shadow is made up purely of ulterior motives and treason - and thus it will be *extremely* difficult to side it up with any particular "established" Omni-Tek department short of working directly for the Unredeemed/Omni Prime Board of Directors (which is, in fact, how Project Shadow's story goes as of yet)
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Yeah, Kithrak, I remember those days. You weren't the only one. We tried to keep up the good work for a few weeks after the initial meeting, but everything sorta died. That said....

COME TO THE MEETING, KITHRAK!

I think having people to squabble with at board meetings sounds appetizing. You, me, Eternalforce. We could argue till the Council of Truth finds truth. It'll be fun.

And for those of you considering the whole department problem, check the conversation that we had with Socialfly. Orgs can be part of one department and members parts of others. I think on a general basis we can probably figure out some things to do.

Another thought is for us to guide our organizations to actually adhere to a department idea. That would require more conspiring on each of our parts, but it could be fun, so we don't all end up on Omni-Admin. :-) Any thoughts?

In the Service of the People,
    Terese Ramirez

Well, the problem as I see it is how tightly focused some of the Omni-Tek Departments are.

It's not like the Clans where everyone is doing their own thing and they just come together as the Council. Alignment works in that situation because Clans are based around a set of ideals.

Omni-Tek however is a corporation, and as such each department is there to fulfill a specific goal within the company, be it mining, communications, re-education, etc.

Because of this, I think it is better to have each organization interested in this coming up with an established role that their department performs in the tapestry that is the corporation, rather than aligning themselves with one of the storyline departments. I think that as long as each department is performing a specific action and/or working to a specific goal, it allows us a nice amount of freedom in controlling our organizations while at the same time fitting us gently into the storyline - be it past, present, or future.

EDIT: Minor Hijack - this channel42 thing, is this Atlantean only?
    Adam "Phantom" Preston - 220/26/53 Meta-Physicist

Serugiusu: By order of I, Bahirae Serugiusu. CEO of Omni-Tek's operations on Rubi-Ka. I hereby transfer you, Mr. Preston to Omni-Meta. Effective Immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Daewen
    Another thought is for us to guide our organizations to actually adhere to a department idea. That would require more conspiring on each of our parts, but it could be fun, so we don't all end up on Omni-Admin. :-) Any thoughts?
    Was there not something about a year and a half ago maybe two years that sent us an ingame message asking us to respond with who we were affiliated to and there was something to read to help guide us...

Vayde, I think you make a really valid point. After all, I would imagine by 29479 we are at the stage of branching out and going with new technological finds and the effect of our knowledge of other large companies etc.

Kithrak, if you have any of the logs left I would love to re read them - especially the "flyer" you made. Even if you don't want to work yourself to death, I am happy to try

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde
    EDIT: Minor Hijack - this channel42 thing, is this Atlantean only?
    /start hijack

Yes, it just a regular IGN bot running on RK1. With the free account offer it would be easy to set up something similar on Rimor, it would just take someone motivated enough to do it (and isn't this what the free accounts are for?). I also think it would possible to connect the chat bots, but I never figured out how.

For those wondering what the fuss is all about, Channel42 is chatbot designed to as a venue for in-character (and occasional ooc) chat among the roleplayers of Atlantean of any faction. For story purposes, Channel42 is a fictional frequency on an equally fictional Rubi-Kan “ham” radio network.

To join /tell Channel42 !join
    To leave /tell Channel42 !leave

I've you wish to get automatically invited to Channel42 every time you log in, send Dabblez a message in game and I'll set you up.

/end hijack
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard
    Was there not something about a year and a half ago maybe two years that sent us an ingame message asking us to respond with who we were affiliated to and there was something to read to help guide us...
    I remember that although *cough* I was a clanner on Rimor at the time. I do believe I also remember it failing pretty sadly. I guess the idea that I had was a hybrid of that and what Vayde said.

For this example I'll use the People's Republic of Redemption. We don't do any notum mining. We don't really do research or any such thing. But, for the purpose of the board meetings, we could occupy an "official" function while at the same time pursuing our already stated theme. For instance, we have a few doctors who are very active in RP, and our agents are also into toying with chemicals for RP reasons. We could theoretically work for Omni-Med as R&D.

Or, as it seems to look now, a task force for chasing down illegal bioweapons.

Anyway, that was my thought. I think as we get closer to the start of the meetings, we'll all start to have a clearer idea of where we fit in (or where OT fits in, as it were ). Brainstorming here is probably a great start.

Edit: How about the OT-RPers have a meeting of our own some time after next weekend's meetings? We could do it by dimension, but it might be worthwhile to meet on the same dimension for such a meeting.

In the Service of the People,
    Terese Ramirez
    Last edited by Daewen; Jan 10th, 2005 at 05:47:36.

Yes there was something like that some time ago, and the old guide is still in the forum archives, but we will be updating the descriptions for these meetings.

Well, the problem as I see it is how tightly focused some of the Omni-Tek Departments are
    As I said above, we will be updating the descriptions. i am hoping from our meetings that we will have a bit more insight into the way you have already been role playing your orgs, but we will also be holding true to major aspects of what these departments have been.

Again, we'll see what comes out of discussion =)
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

So far this is the list I have for the meetings. Please let me know if there are changes to this list, or additions in the thread or email events feedback (addy in my sig)

Atlantian

Daewen - People's Republic of Redemption
    Demongun - ~Society of Salvation~
    Ukblizzard or Gencop - Realization
    Shadehawk - RUR
    Trybes - Devils Advocate
    Equimon or Virta or Jadeshimmer - Omni-Pol
    Rheena (maybe) - The Honored Maidens
    Kithrak (maybe) - Omni-Admin

Rimor

Banishedsoul or Naefen - Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Jacobstroud - Solo Player
    Vayde - Project Shadow

rimor looks a little slim, i am sure I have seen more Omni Role players around..anyone able to poke them? =)

Cheers

Social
    Former Director
    ARK-Events Team
    Advisor of Rubi-ka

Please send your feedback to events-feedback@ark.anarchy-online.com

The Starters Guide to the storyline

Thank you Anarchy-Online players for making my time as an ARK-Events Team member, a memory I will cherish.

OMG ! I'm so glad FC decides to support such thing. They made an incredible work on the background for this game and no real efforts to involve the players in the so promising department thing.

'Space Sapin' (atlantean guild) would like to attend the meeting. Me or another will attend but you can put my name on the list bu default.

Long live to Omni-Tek !!!
    Kastagueule, enforcer 207

Space Sapin

Even though I love this idea to the verge of madness I still think it should be doable to gather interested people from all dimensions into one meeting.

Love this
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

ooc: I'm glad they finally got this idea in the works for you Omni players. We proposed this a while back around the same time the CoT restarted, and I cant wait to see where this goes for you.

Good luck
    /ooc

Damn Omni getting even more organized, I guess we'll have to break this up.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Socialfly,

I am planning to attend this meeting so you can add my name to the list.

Thanks.

Our President, Edliner, will represent First Order on this meeting.
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast