Thread: Make Mobs interesting

Make Mobs interesting

Had a thought today...

ALL mobs in the game with the exception of human-NPC mobs are essentially EXACTLY the same.
    Other than the MOBs model, what is the difference between a Leet and a Medusa Psyiotherapist?
    Health and damage. That's it.

The only exceptions I see are human NPCs, Shades, and I think a couple of mobs in the Neleb's dungeon.

How about giving MOBS mob-specific attacks (nanos) that would make sense...
    i.e.
    Spider type MOBS (i.e. Fearspinner) could have a root/slow type "nano" like "Web entagle" or something.

The first time I saw a "Medusa Phsiyotherapist Initiate" I thought, "Wow! I bet they have some cool unique nanos. I wonder what she'll cast on me?". I was excited... Then, we initiated combat, and she ran over and hit me (hard, I might add). For some reason, it seems to me that a "Physiotherapist" would do something cooler than just thwack me. Am I alone in this?

Seems like a "Physiotherapist" would hit me with some kind of cool debuff (-1000 to Str or something), then maybe some type of DOT.

Anyway, just my rambling. I think the game could be a lot more interesting if MOBs would kill me in a different way than all the others. I would tour the world to find all the ways to die...

What do you think?

-D

Thumbs up

Completely agree. Mobs need to have more variety.

But first I think Funcom should concentrate on making them interact properly with the world around them (minimum damage bug, etc.).

Re: Make Mobs interesting

Originally posted by Dropcid
    I think the game could be a lot more interesting if MOBs would kill me in a different way than all the others. I would tour the world to find all the ways to die...

What do you think?

-D
    I think you need some help...lol.

Valid point however.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

I think Physiotherapist was a bad choice of mob to use for the hitting problem.

If you have actually BEEN to a physiotherapist, all they DO is hit you and squish your body into positiojns that it was never designed to go into.

However, i do agree that mobs would be more fun if they had varied attacks, perhaps even just the named mobs.
    Otter - 173 Nano Technician
    Doctorevilll - 133 Meta Physicist
    Armedpanda - 117 Soldier
    Beeefcake - 92 Enforcer
    Feasood - 67 Martial Artist
    Nutzenboltz - 60 Engineer
    Silent Night

Originally posted by Otter
    I think Physiotherapist was a bad choice of mob to use for the hitting problem.

If you have actually BEEN to a physiotherapist, all they DO is hit you and squish your body into positiojns that it was never designed to go into.

However, i do agree that mobs would be more fun if they had varied attacks, perhaps even just the named mobs.
    Ok, I admit, I have no idea what a R/L Physiotherapist is....
    But at least the "Elite Soldier" Medusa should have a ranged attack. Otherwise, They're just "Elite Enforcers". I just would like to see non-human mobs use some of their "breed-specific" abilities. Like Spiders and webs, "Fate Stealers" and fate-stealing, etc.
    Just gets old when the whole world is just other players, human NPCs, and nano-less Enforcer-Mobs (all other mobs).

Besides Human NPCs,plants, and cyborgs(?) is there any other ranged MOB?

-D