Thread: Yalm

Question Yalm

Ok Newbie question time

What is one and where can you get one ?

Yalms are vehicles

clicky

Their full name is Yalmaha.

The standard version is the 29480 series. There are varying Quality levels of Yalm available. The lower the QL the easier it is to equip, higher QL harder to equip. The QL also goes towards determining the price.

The lowest QL yalm requires you to have 81 Vehicle Air skill to equip. They tend to cost around 5million credits (the actual amount they are in the store varies depending on your computer literacy skill)

There are lots of shops around Rubi Ka that sell them. Mainly there are vehicle shops.

There is a shop in Borealis at the bottom of the ramp.
    Omni-Ent, Trade, Rome Green and Blue, 20K - I would assume also that Athen and Tir stock them but I do not know the location of the shops there.

There was a time that Yalms were lootable in missions from chests, but personally I have not heard of one being looted in a mission for quite a while now

You can also change the color of your yalm for the cost of approximately 10million credits by visiting a Tower store and buying paint for them.

There are a few other vehicles in game, the 29480 series is the most popular at present though.

Good Luck and have fun

- Katelin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard
    There are lots of shops around Rubi Ka that sell them. Mainly there are vehicle shops.

There is a shop in Borealis at the bottom of the ramp.
    Omni-Ent, Trade, Rome Green and Blue, 20K - I would assume also that Athen and Tir stock them but I do not know the location of the shops there.
    There are two "Luxury Supplies" shops in Old Athen that sell them; not sure about Tir anymore, as I hardly go there . There's also a shop in Newland you can check; veer to the left before you get to the general shops, and it's in the building to your left.
    Bartle type: EAS. 9% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Explorer: 86%; Achiever: 60%; Socializer: 26%; Killer: 26%

i see this is Clan talk.. Omni has em also.... they are a pin in the ass to find.. VA 81 is the one u want thats ideal.. but trust me after a cpl hours or days of looking a 100 va looks real good

wiht a Implant or 2 u can have em in at lvl 1... but at 5 mil at best its tough... all i can say is... dont spend a freaking dime on anyhting.. untill u get a yalm
    Last edited by The Validator; Dec 23rd, 2004 at 04:52:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint
    There are two "Luxury Supplies" shops in Old Athen that sell them; not sure about Tir anymore, as I hardly go there . There's also a shop in Newland you can check; veer to the left before you get to the general shops, and it's in the building to your left.
    Tir still has one in the northwest area (has a sign saying Computer's Inc. on it I think). There is also one at Harry's (this one is one of the first shops on the strip and one of the lower ql shops for vehicles).
    Gables - Retired 220 Doctor

This is worth mentioning: sometimes on Clan OCC (probably the same on the Omni equivalent), sometimes on shopping channels, people will announce that they're holding a "va 81 yalm" (or whatever) in a shop. So keep your eyes open on the chat channels.

And thanks Jaazmin for the location of the Tir shop. That town ain't what it used to be.
    Bartle type: EAS. 9% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Explorer: 86%; Achiever: 60%; Socializer: 26%; Killer: 26%

Quote Originally Posted by Jaazmin
    Tir still has one in the northwest area (has a sign saying Computer's Inc. on it I think). There is also one at Harry's (this one is one of the first shops on the strip and one of the lower ql shops for vehicles).
    That's the superior one, I believe. There's also an advanced one in the middle north part of Tir, directly north of the island. It has a "general supplies" sign if I remember correctly. I found an 81 VA yalm there on my doc. Not sure, but I think that the chance of a low QL yalm appearing is greater in advanced stores than superior.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

What are the odds we'll see these in mission chests for Christmas?
    Following the way of the duck: Calm and serene on the surface. Paddling like mad underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokks
    What are the odds we'll see these in mission chests for Christmas?
    When Phillip Ross and Radiman marry and have a love child Leet. Then even maybe.

I am their love child leet.
    Now gimme a yalm in a chest again!
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Quote Originally Posted by Ukblizzard
    Yalms are vehicles
    You can also change the color of your yalm for the cost of approximately 10million credits by visiting a Tower store and buying paint for them.
    - Katelin.
    Just an FYI you have to have notum wars expansion to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aletto
    AI also came out with new Yalm paint kits. Though a little more expensive than 10mil i believe.
    Gables - Retired 220 Doctor

Yep. I got mine today on my 21 trox doc after seeing Indianah posting about holding an 85 VA yalm in SE trade

thanks btw, Indianah.

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aletto
    You need NW for the paint job or to use the yalm? I have a freebie friend that wants to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian
    You need NW for the paint job or to use the yalm? I have a freebie friend that wants to know.
    For standard Yalm, no need for any expansions. The paint jobs however require NW/AI.
    Kiisu, TL 7 fixer of Project-Starlight, RK2.
    Eevatytar, LVL 220 keeper of Project-Starlight, RK2.

Fixers don't need a new pair of glasses, they need a miracle!