Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PETITION for Apartments

Come on Cosmik and Cz, some input here? I think that a lot of people would agree that this is very important in the game!

We need:
    *More than 10 items
    *Guild houses
    *Better, solid furniture
    *Apartment complex buildings
    *Invite System

Other things that would be very good but not needed:
    *Rent
    *A computer in the apartment (although this would probably be really hard to achieve)
    *Info on the keys and an uploading to map feature like mission keys
    *'Themes' for the apartment, (i.e. different wallpaper etc.)
    *Upgrades to apartments

But what I personally would really like to see would be the ability to buy your own apartment in any village/outpost/city in the world. You could walk into a building and a dialog box would appear saying something like 'Would you like to pruchase this apartment, costing 36275 credits?', and if another player had taken it already a message could appear saying that the apartment was already in use. It would really add to what the developers wanted to achieve, the idea that you are actually living in Rubi Ka.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

I also want houses outside of the city. i dont want to live in some dinky, stuffy apartment. i wanna build an outpost and trade from there.

I still want an apartment in Galway Castle.

would be such a relief to live there, than in the cold and metal like Omni Backyard !

it would be cool to be able to rent an apertment for a short period in some resort area while i'm on vacation, or missioning, there.

Sorry for not seeing this and supporting it sooner. GIMME!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Talking

Now ... if only we could get a big penthouse with some disco lights, we could hire SilkeX and his "girls" to come over and give a show while partying like mad !

Heck, SilkeX could even bring a cat and yell "Meow" in the microphone while doing that sexy squirm on stage for all us Atrox with a desire for pretty menfolk !

All this and more, could be done in a good apartment !

/YMCA

Hello ?

*knocks on the screen*

Anyone here reading this ?

Furnished apartments?

How about if we could just get FURNISHED APARTMENTS with all the furniture and everything already there? That way your friends can't pick it up and walk off with your couch or refrigerator. You could still add up to 10 unique decorations (plants, lamps, pictures, etc.) but if we had permanent furniture in place already, it would make life so much easier.

S.A.M.

hehe
    I cant wait for guild apartments, my guild is really cool and it would be VERY fun to go through the palace. We do need more furniture, all my stuff disapeared when I crashed after I had placed it down during a guild meeting so I could get better light and hear some music . I have yet to /petition for my stuff back because I have no use for it, I am waiting to buy a city and live there if guild houses dont come soon. Funcom seems to be ignoring guild houses but they should have put them in a while ago, they even have an area of omni-ent titled guild houses (south of the arena). I put in a post for guild houses (guild houses, guild cities) and I hope people add reply's so that it will live for a long time, and when Funcom sees that the furom is stuffed with these houses/apartment options we want they will not be able to refuse. please read some of my furums, I believe they are very good.

Exclamation yep

Guilde house will be very nice, because u will have place to make plan for an attack in an op or something like that!

Or just to have a drink with u friend guild

Great Ideas!

I think that these are all great ideas. I also played UO and my favourite idea was making your own little village of houses with your friends. I believe someone already said this, but why do we have to live in the big cities? This is not needed immediately but I think that being able to purchase the houses like in UO where you could go out and place them in Varmint Woods and make your own village there with friends would be great! And maybe your village could grow large enough that you could A) declare a side (OT, Neut, Clan) and then guards of that side would start spawning after you got, say, 50people to "build" their houses near yours. Now, like I said above, this is certainly not needed immediately and you guys should fix the city apartments first. Also, my idea would probably be kind of hard to implement, but its just an idea. FunCom, READ THIS THREAD! ITS GREAT! And then use the ideas! Then maybe Cosmik won't have to waste his lunch hour telling you guys what we are saying now
    Last edited by Uwen; Jan 22nd, 2002 at 14:12:04.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

:))

Nice idea smash i like this one

Your own village wooow hehe

Thanks!

hehe Thanks! and Bump!

Can't think of an Excuse

Hmmm can't think of a cover up....
    ah yes....
    dark, you're too kind!
    /bump!

I, too, am really disappointed with apartments ; I remember having this initial spurt of joy at having my very own apartment as soon as I entered the game, and one for every character, too. (I came from UO, where owning the smallest, most pitiful house available cost a relatively large amount of money.) What is even better about apartments is that they don't actually exist in the game world, so to speak, they are sort of out in the middle of limbo, in their own little zone. (This is much better than having houses scattered out in the middle of every occupiable "wilderness"; not only does that ruin the effect of the adventure setting, but it also makes it really difficult to survive sometimes - it isn't really that amusing to be dodging 100's of houses while your ranger character is getting his arse kicked by a gargoyle, who, after killing you, loots all of your reagents {assuming that you even found your corpse, of course}...Aarrgh!)

I think that the companies that create these games really underestimate what these sorts of things (like apartments...useful apartments) can really do for the fun-factor of their game. UO is a prime example of this difference. I've yet to come upon a game that had the amount of detail as UO (and I don't mean graphic detail). Any of you who ever played UO probably understand. The game had immersion, even if this immersion also came with an ungodly number of bugs. Not only could you really be unique if you wanted to, (I am Sir Drakesthar, the mace-wielding fisherman chef - baker of fish pies, king of the camp fire, and destroyer of worlds!) but you could do so many things...and just because something was somewhat useless, doesn't mean it wasn't fun. For example, just about anyone who ever had a character in UO ended up playing "dress up" for some amount of time: with all of the different types of clothing combined with layering and being able to dye your clothes a lot of different hues, it was really cool to just get dressed. (This also allowed for guild colors and guild garb, which was pretty cool, too.) And once you actually owned a house...that was bliss. You could put so many different things in that house, including your own vendor on the steps. And later, you could lock things down and secure certain items - but, even before then, you could store stuff inside of chests, etc.

I think that fixing apartments is as easy as looking to UO.

1) For instance, houses in UO got progressively more costly as they got larger; well, if everyone got their starter apartment, but were able to upgrade, so to speak, to larger apartments if they payed a certain amount of rent, it would be really neat. (I doubt it would be a huge problem when the apartments aren't actually on the map...) That could take care of guild houses, too. (And if somebody wanted to live in a guild-house-sized apartment all by himself, well, then he could if he pleased, if he could afford the rent...plus, the larger and more prestigious guilds will likely be able to afford larger guild houses {it makes sense to me that larger guilds have larger guild houses}.)

2) Furniture. Well, UO had plenty of furniture. And different syles of it, too, that you could arrange however you pleased. You could put real personality into your dwelling. (And this may be dreaming, but I thought it rather fun to have bookcases. And books. And blank books that you could write in. And if you put a book that you wrote in a public bookcase {I'm not sure about the ones inside of personal dwellings}, it would sometimes spawn into bookcases all around the world.)

3) People are talking about letting others into their apartment more easily. Why not just have a list of players that are allowed in your apartment regardless if you're teamed with them? (This is good for guild houses, too, or if two people are sharing rent, married, etc.) And there could be two lists: those allowed whenever they want (almost like co-ownership), and those allowed only when you're in your apartment (Who'd want to walk into their apartment only to find their drunk friend lying in their bed with a girl he picked up at the club? ). (Maybe you could enable a "doorbell" so your friends don't walk in while you're on the potty ...That is, of course, if they implement bathroom fixtures...pretty low priority, I'd imagine. ) The people on the first list can move stuff around, open drawers, etc., in your apartment, but other people, including those on list 2, can not (like a lockdown so people don't steal your things).

4) Different apartment styles. Maybe I don't like the cold metal look, or maybe I'm not too fond of the current layout.

Anyways, those are just some things thrown out. On a side note, I think it would be neat to introduce, say, catalogs. Like get a Miiir catalog delivered to my apartment. I could order something, send in the money (plus shipping and handling, of course), and it would be there in 3 to 5 business days. Extra for rush delivery. Or get a guild newsletter delivered to my door. Or either of these delivered to a console in my apartment (like what people on this board were mentioning) (although that's a bit like e-mail, so maybe just the catalogs).

I think that Funcom is on a good start, they just need to get nudged along.

(PS Did anybody else besides me notice that the sound that a rollerrat makes sounds an awful lot like the sound a female deer makes in UO? I find the resemblance uncanny. And annoying...I hate that sound, with a passion. I've always turned my speakers down when fighting one of those two creatures.)

*fixed a spelling error that made an interesting pun...
    Last edited by NightShade; Jan 24th, 2002 at 05:42:35.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast