Thread: Channel 42 Enhancements!

Channel 42 Enhancements!

Hello all ham radio enthusiasts of Rubi-Ka! I am happy to announce Channel42, your favourite frequency to chat on has had a few enhancements made to it.

1. Topic of the Day feature! Now whenever you sign in to Channel42 you will be greeted with a Topic of the Day message in place of the generic welcome message. The purpose of the Topic of the Day is just to stimulated conversation; it is of course just a suggested topic.

The Topic will change each day (based on old GMT). Once the current list is exhausted, it will cycle through the list again, which leads us to the next point:
    We need more Topic of the Day suggestions!

If you have an idea of an interesting Topic of the Day please either /tell Dabblez , PM Savoy, or email gsoylent@hotmail.com or just post your Topic of the Day below.

If you want to make an announcement on a specific day on Channel42, let me know well advance and I’ll try to set your announcement as the Topic of the Day – I make no promises though as it’s a bit fiddly.

2. Spam reduction! We fully understand that for the busy, modern Rubi-Kan who may have to subscribe to a number of IGN frequencies, the amount of spam generated on login can become a nuisance. As such with our new look Channel42 we’ve done our best to suppress the somewhat numerous messages that the IGN-transmissions-protocol seems to generate.

3. IGN standard display and color fixes! Okay so this isn’t that exciting, but just to say with upgraded our hardware and software to the lastest IGN 183 standards.

A word of warning though. While I've had help, especially from Issildari (thanks!) apply these changes and create the Topic of the Day message, at the end of the day I made the code changes so anything can happen!

Dabblez

/ooc
    Channel42 is chatbot designed to as a venue for in-character (and occasional ooc) chat among the roleplayers of Atlantean of any faction. For story purposes, Channel42 is a fictional frequency on an equally fictional Rubi-Kan “ham” radio network.

To join /tell Channel42 !join
    To leave /tell Channel42 !leave

I've you wish to get automatically invited to Channel42 every time you log in, send Dabblez a message in game and I'll set you up.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Come on, someone out there has got to have a few suggestions for Topic of the Day!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Nevermind...I don't want the headache
    Last edited by Maephina; Dec 15th, 2004 at 19:15:23.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

How about RUR financial year review?

Here are some items for discussion:
    - Turnover
    - Overseas sales
    - Profit before taxation, goodwill amortisation and exceptional items
    - Net tangible assets
    - Borrowings
    - Cash and short-term deposits
    - Employees
    - Earnings per ordinary share
    - Earnings per ordinary share before goodwill amortisation and exceptional items
    - Year on year increase/(decrease) in earnings per ordinary share before goodwill amortisation and exceptional items
    - Net tangible assets per ordinary share
    - Year on year increase/(decrease) in net tangible assets per ordinary share
    - Profit before taxation, goodwill amortisation and exceptional items as a % of turnover
    - Return on capital employed
    - Year on year increase in dividends per ordinary share
    - Ordinary share price at financial year end
    - Market capitalisation at financial year end

That would be a pleasant fifteen minutes of airtime!
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

How bout deaths or seiezures of stock from share holders who are dead or who have fell off world?

So us tweebs can maybe get a hold a a few shares :P.

Nuthen like taking advantage of a grieving wido......um talking to a widow about buyn some worthless pieces of papper uh payn the berived a decnt price for somthing they no longer need is there?

All OOClike ^_^

because of the new "fix" new players cannot join as the People of Rubi-ka is borked.

as seen on other bots (at least tested on IGN and one end tested on BeBot .. still need to work the the person who hosts it to confirm) new chars come up as 'null' and cannot issue commands to bots.

so the /tell Channel42 !join that has been recently put in by Lornavash in the Newbies area won't work for new chars created. ((this is as of Nov. 1st, I haven't been able to log today to check))

*edit* also adding them to a guestlist also does not work at the bot does not recognise them as actually being in the game.

However, a valid member of the bot can still issue !invite to the new player.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor