Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO GUI Extractor

AO GUI Extractor

See my post below for an updated version.
    Last edited by Linked; Dec 10th, 2004 at 11:18:58.
    Linked
    Team Alien

Alien Mothership Commander
    Attacking Rimor disguised as Doctor

whoa! This looks great!

I'll be sure to try it. Thank you!
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Ooh! Please keep up with the work. You will be the most famour person ever in history! (since no one ever has released a gui tool before and other text versions are either broken or too user-unfriendly)

Tranferring items to your alternates WITHOUT help from others, click -=[ here ]=-.
    Join the discussion of New Content: Alien mission and Abduction

Ok new version with alot of fixes.

Extract Screenshot
    Viewer Screenshot
    Compile Screenshot

Download AO GUI Extractor

Manual:

Extract:
    See screenshot 1.

Step 1) Use the yellow folder to find and select an UVGI file.
    Step 2) Type in a project name. This is the name of the folder that will be created wherever the aoui.exe file is run from. There is no check on the name so make sure you are within windows limits for folder names when choosing one.
    Step 3) Hit Extract.

When you hit extract, AO GUI Extractor will look for the UVGA file specified in the first line of the UVGI file. If it's not found, it will look for an UVGA file with the same name as the UVGI in the same folder as the UVGI. If found, it will prompt you to open that instead. If neither is found the process will be aborted and you will have to take the steps to correct this issue.

Also note that AO GUI Extractor will overwrite any files without warning should you choose to enter the same project name for multiple extractions.

View:

Once an extraction is finished you will end up here. You can view the extracted files using the arrow buttons to go forth and back. The first number in the white box is the number of files to skip every time you hit the arrow buttons. It can be nice to be able to modify this when you want to jump to image 500 of 700 for instance. The open button will open the image file in whatever program is associated with that file extension.

The zoom buttons are pretty self explanatory.

The next white box is to open a project. If you just want to view an earlier extracted project just type in the folder name. Aka 'myGUI' and hit open. You will then be able to browse the image files for that folder.

Compile:

The project name on the top of the program will tell you which one is open. If it doesn't say anything you can set a new one using the white box and 'Set' button. This is if you want to just compile a project and not view or extract anything.

In other words, a project name must be set in order to compile.

The next white box is the first line that will be written to the UVGI file. It's the hardcoded path to the UVGA file. You can change this if you will.

Once a project name is set you can hit 'Compile'.

The compile process will take _all_ png files in that project directory and make an UVGI and UVGA file. The result will end up in the Output folder with the project name and the UVGI and UVGA extensions.

Now all you have to do is open Anarchy Online and point to the GUI files in the output folder to use them instead of the original ones.

Have fun!
    Linked
    Team Alien

Bump
    Linked
    Team Alien

Maephina has a joygasm

FINALLY!
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Added link to this post to the list of GUI tools
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Thanks Darkbane.

If anyone want to host the files themselves, put it on their site or whatever feel free to do so.
    Linked
    Team Alien

alternative download mirror here.

excellent work Linked. One of the very best AO tools yet!
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

May sound noobie, but it is a .rar file.. How do I run it?
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

http://rarsoft.com/

A compresor for files much like Winzip but better.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

looks great but what do i do with it?

LOL

seriously great work.

Good show!

I look forward to a flood of wonderful new custom GUI's because of this awesome tool.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Hmm i am confused on how to use it

"Step 1) Use the yellow folder to find and select an UVGI file." Were can i find a UVGI File?

Error

I'm getting a "List index out of bounds(0)" when I try to extract. I get the project directory full of .png's but this error continues over into the View and Compile windows.

Any suggestions?
    Quote of the (Undefined Time Error):: "The problem with getting away from it all is that, when you get there, you find you've left it all behind"

Links dead, could anybody mirror please?

this might sound stupid but what does it do?

thanks

Used for making custon GUI skins for the game, much like the ones listed here.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=331988

Quote Originally Posted by pecked View Post
    Links dead, could anybody mirror please?
    Agian please? :|

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast