Thread: Empty Instruction Disk...

Empty Instruction Disk...

I managed to get excited, for a brief time last night, over the empty instruction disk and what I might be able to do with it. I read the description for the "empty Instruction Disk" and it read as follows, "This is an empty instruction disc. Nano Data can be applied to create an instruction disc that can be used for making a Nano Crystal. This is a tradeskill item." I thought wow is it really possiable ot make nano crystals for others from the Nanos I posses? As I played around bought books and managed to get the following message when attempting to populate the EID (Empty Instruction Disk)....

You begin to execute nano program minor Nano Augmentation on:Empty Instruction DIsk.
    You can not execute ano program. Target not found.

I am certain thats not quite the exact text but close. Considering th fact I got a message it was attmpting to execute I assume 1) thats the method by which this is done, 2) its a broke process and 3) this question has been posed before. However since I am a relatively new person to the game and we now have this new Tradeskill forum, I am hoping one of FunComs greatest will respond with information on the intent to either fix it or leave it broke. I am of the opinion so many MMORPG's choose to leave so many great ideas for trades broke for various reasons however this is one I sincerly hope does not fall into the category. I see so many entertaining features for the expansion of entertainment in this game just in Trades alone, I am quite certain many have found just as I have that mission become a bore at or around level 70 and many would love to find something a bit on the differant side to occupy their game time, for me this would be one of them.

Thank you,

Zircote, Clan Agent

The empty discs were supposed to be used for the engineer Kamikaze robots, which never made it live.
    ~Lone

Reffering to the Description once again, keeping the mind open, it specifically says for making Nano Crystals. While I understand the Kami Bots may have also fell into its usefullness the description clearly states otherwise.

u actually think AO text guys write relevant material on their descriptions? or up-to-date? even remotely meaningful in-game at all?

have u tried looking at the descriptions of most of our 'abilities' and 'skills'? u should. they're a funny read.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

It'd be nice to be able to do though. Perhaps one for the Suggestions forum?

You cast the nano on an Empty Instruction Disk, or shift-right-click the nano's icon on an Empty ID, and if you have enough Nano Programming (or some other trade-skill or combination of trade-skills), you end up with an Instruction Disk for that nano.

Actually

To make a Kamakazi Bot you must first Build the Acutal "Bot" then use the Holo Camera on the bot to make a 3d image of it, then you use the calculator on it to get the algorythim which can be used to program the crystal.

Then you can Summon the Shell and activate it.

you need to build the shells roughly at ql 40 or 140 depending on what you're producing.

one for the Chemical Bot and the other is a Fire Bot

iv'e been able to make the "Liquid Explosive Charge" needed for the bot but i haven't been able to put them together to make the Complete Liquid Explosive needed. that might be a bug

also iv'e never found a A Basic Mechanical Motion Drive needed to make the body of the bot, beyond that the parts are in the games database but that doesn't mean there ingame.

Here is what the empty disc is specifically used for in the process
    "Use a hologram camera and take a 3D snapshot of the Template Robot. Use a Calculator to convert the data, from hologram- to nano building data. Transfer the Nano Data into an Empty Instruction Disc"

Heh wanna know how to make the Arul Saba Bracelets ^.^
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Post Arul Saba..

Arul Saba isn't in the game, as far as I can tell.

Search for e.g. 'Dodga' on Antiguardians' itemdatabase. You get the Dodga items, his attack-skills and so on.

Search for 'Saba'. You get the Arul Saba bracelets, but no attack skills for Mr. Saba. If he's in the game, he has to have attacks. The lack of attack-items means he's not there.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

just cuz saba isnt in the game doesn't mean you can't know how to make the items. Saba will probally end up being a vendor like Eddie in Stret West.

I was only stating that even though things are not in the Game its still posible to know how to make them. ^.^
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

uh kzak a lack of attacks could just mean that he's in a 100% area and not leaving any time soon.

-nagaraja

The Kami bot is possible, the only thing missing is the Basic Mechanical Motion Drive (it's in the database but has never been found). All I need is this device and I'd have the Kami bot in a matter of minutes