Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busting the enfo tank myths!

Busting the enfo tank myths!

To be a good tank you have to....

#1 Be an Artox... Wrong, i i'm an opifex hand have tanked everything in AO.. no problems, there is even nanobreeds that do good enfo tanking. Myth BUSTED
    #2 Be 220 and have 20+ Alien levels... Wrong, i was 116 and had 0 alien levels on my first (the first btw) "the beast kill", i was primary tank. And have done TNH and the way to the beast sub 220 to... Myth BUSTED
    #3 Have uber gear... Wrong... i had Some Azure/Omni-AF and no "cool" stuff when i did all this. Myth BUSTED
    #4 Have uber weapon... Wrong... i had an FBR when i tanked beast first 2 times, no problems...Myth BUSTED

As tank you HAVE to know what to do, and HAVE a good support team, thats it, there is no uber secret.

P.s Yes levels and equipment makes it easyer... no boubt, but its like 90% tecnique 10% equipment in tanking in AO.
    Rismik - 220.20 - Opifex - Enforcer

* First lvl 220 Opifex Enforcer RK1
    * Tank on first AO "Beast" kill (Using FBR@216)
    * First SoD
    * First Dual SoD
    * First QL300 chosen equipped opifex enforcer
    Proud member of Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rismik
    #2 Be 220 and have 20+ Alien levels... Wrong, i was 116 and had 0 alien levels on my first (the first btw) "the beast kill", i was primary tank.
    Would love to know how did you tanked Beast or even entered Pand at 116 O.o
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

impressive tanking the beast at 116

Yeah 116 tanking Beast is sure nice...

And I also wonder, since when is Azure treated subpar gear :-)
    :RK1: Firian 200 Fixer | Firian2 216 Crat | Firian3 60 Doc | Firian4 215 Shade | Milagros 217 Engi | Firun 215 Enf :RK2: Milagros 115 Adv

From his sig...
    I was wondering about the 116 thing also...
    Sir "Murderjunky" Tankerbell 178/11 Trox Enf (lvl78 to lvl178 = 1year 2 months...gotta be some kinda record??)

"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Bishop Beilby Porteus

Rismik you are putting the wrong kind of mushrooms on your pizza.
    If you love something set it free, if it does not come back, Hunt it down and Kill It.

To be a good tank you have to....

#1 Be an Artox... Wrong, i i'm an opifex hand have tanked everything in AO.. no problems, there is even nanobreeds that do good enfo tanking. Myth BUSTED
    #2 Be 220 and have 20+ Alien levels... Wrong, i was 116 and had 0 alien levels on my first (the first btw) "the beast kill", i was primary tank. And have done TNH and the way to the beast sub 220 to... Myth BUSTED
    #3 Have uber gear... Wrong... i had Some Azure/Omni-AF and no "cool" stuff when i did all this. Myth BUSTED
    #4 Have uber weapon... Wrong... i had an FBR when i tanked beast first 2 times, no problems...Myth BUSTED

As tank you HAVE to know what to do, and HAVE a good support team, thats it, there is no uber secret.

P.s Yes levels and equipment makes it easyer... no boubt, but its like 90% tecnique 10% equipment in tanking in AO.
    True, except

1 - You will do it better if you're atrox
    2 - You will do better if you are 220 and have 20+ alien levels
    3 - You will do better if you have uber gear
    4 - You will do better if you have an uber weapon

Hell, even I tanked the beast with no reflect and no SL mongo's. It doesnt mean its the best way to do things.

All you do by not following 1-4 is make healers work harder.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    True, except

Hell, even I tanked the beast with no reflect and no SL mongo's. It doesnt mean its the best way to do things.

1 - Wrong. You dont do **** better just cause you are a trox that runs out of nano LOL
    My Chars:
    Hot "Reanimate" Babe (Level 220/20 Doc) - Proud General of "Chaotic Method" - Omni

Nano "Juwang" Power (Level 220/18 Nanomage Enf) - Proud Squad Commander of "Chaotic Method" - Omni
    First TL7 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.
    First lvl 220 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.

well i did't say it was easy (but doable) but in those days very few off us (when the beast first got killed) very few of us were 220... i leveled on hecks 216-220 with my mighty (at the time) SoD's.

P.S btw why should there be a problem in pande @ 216? (if fc havent changed something since i last played (feb 05).
    Last edited by Rismik; Nov 16th, 2005 at 17:01:48.
    Rismik - 220.20 - Opifex - Enforcer

* First lvl 220 Opifex Enforcer RK1
    * First SoD
    * First Dual SoD
    * First QL300 chosen equipped opifex enforcer
    Proud member of Ragnarok

well i did't say it was easy (but doable) but in those days very few off us (when the beast first got killed) very few of us were 220... i leveled on hecks 216-220 with my mighty (at the time) SoD's.

P.S btw why should there be a problem in pande @ 216? (if fc havent changed something since i last played (feb 05).
    you typoed, it says you wer 116, not 216

Consider also the time line. When you first tanked the Best, there were less L220 players with uber weaponry. Now days, you have to be reasonably well equiped to keep up with the avarage players as items and levels that were uncommon at the time have become more common, and increasingly cheap. AO is evolving, and you have to evolve along with it. What worked a year ago won't necissarilly work today.

There is one rule that always holds true: The person between the keyboard and the chair matters more than the character's breed and gear.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Aye Glarawyn says the truth :P
    My Chars:
    Hot "Reanimate" Babe (Level 220/20 Doc) - Proud General of "Chaotic Method" - Omni

Nano "Juwang" Power (Level 220/18 Nanomage Enf) - Proud Squad Commander of "Chaotic Method" - Omni
    First TL7 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.
    First lvl 220 Nanomage Enforcer on Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellshock
    you typoed, it says you wer 116, not 216
    PWNED! I thought I was drunk when reading the original post. Even at title5, I still find hard to tank Adonis hecklers sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Consider also the time line. When you first tanked the Best, there were less L220 players with uber weaponry. Now days, you have to be reasonably well equiped to keep up with the avarage players as items and levels that were uncommon at the time have become more common, and increasingly cheap. AO is evolving, and you have to evolve along with it. What worked a year ago won't necissarilly work today.
    that's exactly what i thought when reading 1st post.

+ seconding Kink on what he said
    Defectorid Enf 220/25 - RK1 setup

Missdefy Doc 216/13 - RK1 setup

join us

Quote Originally Posted by Reanimate
    1 - Wrong. You dont do **** better just cause you are a trox that runs out of nano LOL
    Shaddap and mongo!

Jokes aside, Rea's got a very valid point!

NM>Atrox any day, when there are no nano regen buffs available.
    Kwautrawn - Proud wielder of The Edge of The Tarasque. My Gear
    Rambokwaut -Soldier Alt.
    SneakingKwau -Tower Defender.

[Jollzwhin]: you had that one reserved specially for me didnt you
    To [Jollzwhin]: no comment

Reani! yer nanomage will break in 2 if the beast looks at her!

*ducks the rain of daggers comming my way*
    I just love to tease ya

Aside from that, I wouldn't say that some peoples opinions are classified as myths
    As for atrox superiority, I was hoping people would understand these fundamental facts about atrox' now:

1: We claim to rock because it's in the atrox nature to rock (zz top lookalikes)
    2: If we don't rock, we still believe we do
    3: If someone makes a valid and correct point about something that's better for a nontrox in a tank context, most troxes can still say "you have a good point, but atrox still rocks", reason being... troxes can say stuff like that and get away with it

unkie
    Deng - Enforcer

Currently a bit busy

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    True, except

hehe soooo riight
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

pew pew

[220/22/01] Desperad0 - Enforcer
    [220/20/59] Minidesp - Agent

troxes can also get 2 sec nanodelta, just a lot more work and levels required,but really, at level 210-220 that QL180 infantry brain don't really offer a whole lot and can be replaced with a psy refined implant if you want the nanodelta earlier
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

... but its like 90% tecnique 10% equipment in tanking in AO.

Been saying this for a long time,

Its a life style not a shopping list of items!

The items just make you look like your doing it in style

Deathwalkers | 220/30 Enforcer | Redemption

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast