Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP poll: no one wants better pets?

MP poll: no one wants better pets?

First I must thank FC for making a poll on our needs. But when I see those choices:

Nano line to change attack pet dmg type
    Soothing Spirits perk change
    Revamp of Pet Window
    Odin's Upgrade
    Most MP nanos, buyable in SL gardens/sancts, should be moved down a playfield
    Creation Armour
    Anchor/Recall Nanos
    Garden Warp Nanos
    Changes to Qunatum Wings
    Anti-Mocham's

Anyone really cares about those? What about a new evocation, or better attack pets? I really think most MPs are concerned about the lack of scaling of attack pets after 195, especially compared to engies. So why no item related to this on the poll?

where did u see this poll?

nano line for pet damage type would be nice and a total revamp of damage debuff line would be great

hehe ...saw it thanx
    Last edited by Voivod; Nov 28th, 2004 at 16:44:51.

We got our 220 pet... Im happy. Atm there is lotsa other things that need attention. Thats just imo
    Lucas Cromfel
    Remains of Juliena 220 Novice RK1 Meta-Fiziki
    This is my legacy; by the grace of the gods, I am not alone.
    Biodome Tutorial

Remains of Octopuss - Day when justice died.

Quote Originally Posted by Voivod
    where did u see this poll?

nano line for pet damage type would be nice and a total revamp of damage debuff line would be great
    Top of MP forum.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    First I must thank FC for making a poll on our needs. But when I see those choices:

Nano line to change attack pet dmg type
    Soothing Spirits perk change
    Revamp of Pet Window
    Odin's Upgrade
    Most MP nanos, buyable in SL gardens/sancts, should be moved down a playfield
    Creation Armour
    Anchor/Recall Nanos
    Garden Warp Nanos
    Changes to Qunatum Wings
    Anti-Mocham's

Anyone really cares about those? What about a new evocation, or better attack pets? I really think most MPs are concerned about the lack of scaling of attack pets after 195, especially compared to engies. So why no item related to this on the poll?
    Its only 5 months or so since FC nerfed our SL attacl pet + we got the Rihwen wih AI, so the chance we get better pets/better dmg buffs atm is most likely non-existend.

The best chance to get more dmg out of our pets (all of them) is with the change of dmg-type I will say.

Many of the other wishes on the list are for all MPs, including those under 195. This include wishes to mak elif easier, help survibability etc. There are other things other than dmg here in life, especially as MP.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to write bug reports

Exclamation

For real guys Pet hatelist wipe vs SL/AI attack pets HP regen when figthing.... Our solo ablite has been nerfed becouse of the pets dont regen and u whant to clear hate list insted of this ... Think twice fellow mps

This is what they have given os to choice from we should be very happy
    Last edited by Digets; Nov 28th, 2004 at 06:46:44.
    Digets Mp 218 gimp nanomage "am gone end up in museum"
    Copyright Crat 220 Trox for tha WIN!!
    Kiroshars Ma 205 my old beloved ma...
    Ilfixit Fix 204 Fix it!
    +++++
    Its just how it is, isnt it? >>><<<

Huh dunno about you guys but in my guild all 4 200+ MPs have quit or started playing alts... All of us level 207 or 212 incidently, and frustrated by the lack of any sense of improvement after 207.

Clearly regen in fight of attack pets will improve our solo abilities, but I would still rank the poor scaling of those pets after 195 as our concern #1. Just compare it to engies and you will see my point...

And yes the nerf was very poorly implemented.

Oh and extension of mez pet line? What for, at 205+ everything you want to fight is immune anyway... You really want a meatball with 100k HP that does nothing but hangs around you hopelessly trying to mez Inferno dynas and Pande mobs? For all the rest Tumulten is good enough. Especially if you need 30 seconds to cast the new mez pet.
    Last edited by Zorro; Nov 28th, 2004 at 06:07:37.

Zorro be happy for what we have been given to choice from imo we whine and whine in this forum and now they have sett theyer eyes on os again. But realy what am after is that pepol have to think abit on what they vote Clear hate list insted of Pet heal regen what is the point in that? We have lived whit hate list this long and we sure can for a long time ahead, this is a little issue compered to Pet heal regen imo...
    And i always thought the heal regen was a bug.....
    Digets Mp 218 gimp nanomage "am gone end up in museum"
    Copyright Crat 220 Trox for tha WIN!!
    Kiroshars Ma 205 my old beloved ma...
    Ilfixit Fix 204 Fix it!
    +++++
    Its just how it is, isnt it? >>><<<

Quote Originally Posted by Digets
    This is what they have given os to choose from we should be very happy
    This is what we have given us self to choose from, not FC. It was what was in wish-list, which inluded what have been suggested lately.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to write bug reports

Quote Originally Posted by Metaing
    This is what we have given us self to choose from, not FC. It was what was in wish-list, which inluded what have been suggested lately.
    Yes, except that the wishlist has hardly been updated for 6 months...

There were multiple threads at the time of the nerf with 100+ replies suggesting different ways to implement it. It is still what concerns most of those who play MPs from what I see in-game, or those who used to play them. Now there's little improvement in their damage from 195 to 219 (have never seen the Rhiwen in DD dumpers), I don't see why we shouldn't be able to ask for new evocations or pets. ESPECIALLY now that all weapon classes have superior QL300 alien weapons that OD our pets by a ridiculous margin.

There is nothing wrong with MP. Only thing that needs improvement is new playstyles for your selves. If u think MP is underpowered, you are sooooo wrong... You are so wrong that I cant even describe it.

ESPECIALLY now that all weapon classes have superior QL300 alien weapons that OD our pets by a ridiculous margin.
    This is possible if u compare MP with XP guns and /afk to DDs... we are pretty much equal to top DDs if we actually play, instead of slack.

We got our lub... lets not start asking for more immediately, lets try get fix to our current issues instead of trying get something new.
    Last edited by Cromfeli; Nov 28th, 2004 at 14:49:15.
    Lucas Cromfel
    Biodome Tutorial

It is a fact that there are hardly any 205+ MPs playing or leveling anymore, Every time I go to a Mord raid on my alts we have the hardest time finding a MP. Last time there were 5 docs and no MP, often an agent has to do the NSD job.

If we don't get new evocation or better attack pets after 195, we should really get good reasons to level past 207.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro
    It is a fact that there are hardly any 205+ MPs playing or leveling anymore, Every time I go to a Mord raid on my alts we have the hardest time finding a MP. Last time there were 5 docs and no MP, often an agent has to do the NSD job.

If we don't get new evocation or better attack pets after 195, we should really get good reasons to level past 207.
    u kidding me..... after ai patch came out a ****load of more mps have gone for the 220 (rk2)

did a galahad raid today. there were 5 205+ mps (1x206, 2x207,1x208 and 1x212). about half way through killing Galahad i decided to stop NSD'ing (i was pretty sure the othere four could cope) and focused on nuking and attacking. someone in my org was running DD for the raid. i came third. first was a 208 soldier, second was a 213ish advy, then me. i beat a lvl200 and a lvl204 shade, and this is only with Ettu. i cant wait to see what Zhok is like. and its not a one off. i am always in the top 5 at galahad.

bottom line is: we do not need a new pet at higher levels. we need a way for them to maintain aggro.
    Waylander // Level 208 MP Unit Commander of Chaotic Method.

Alts:
    Mandragora // Title lvl 5 NT
    Nosfora2 // Title lvl 5 Shade
    All proud members of Chaotic Method

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    we need a way for them to maintain aggro.
    Everyone aggrees on this. Yet not on the list...

I see that the mp community will never be happy with what they have...ever..

Im defently happy with what we have.
    Member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    I cant wait to see what Zhok is like.
    You will be happy... Just dont be too uber so we dont get another nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Oldolf
    Im defently happy with what we have.
    Then there is 2 of us... All we need is fixes on bugs.
    Lucas Cromfel
    Biodome Tutorial

"Buuuhuuu! We need new pets, we need to be the best damage-bringers in the game. We need love." Stop it please. Meta-physicist's are not supposed to be like that.

We've got plenty of nice pets. I'm level 187 MP on RK1, using bow and Biazu. I do some pretty nice damage. I'm on level with most of the others in team + I can heal. Both nano and hp heal + healpet. I think we already got plenty of love.

I think the ideas the developers have come with, are brilliant, and I'd to see them become a part of AO. Instead of adding all the time, maybe just finish some of the original ideas, such as Creation Armor and the like

Not flamming (not trying to at least), just want to point out the real problems :P
    Buff Vlakhen Daddy ::: Gear

Btw, I'm on RK1

*looking at the 220 endgame*

I would like to see some -usefull- 220-pvp-nanos that underline our role as the nanoskill masters. What we got is pure pvm (Hello dmgdebuffs).

Extend our line of nanoskill debuffs. Like area debuffs! ;o)
    Give us the ability to improve the team-anger (AR? Inits? Dmg?) with some kind of team-evocation.

Want to make me happy? Give me a +2000 NR Buff for my pet.

*edit*
    Creation Armor Body:
    QL 300
    All AC 5000
    Nano +2000
    Nanoskill +10

Whoooohoow. No, there is already a fine range of armor ingame.
    Last edited by Kumagan; Nov 29th, 2004 at 17:20:34.
    Michael "Kumagan" Mokkiez [Retired, RIP]
    ִ
    ִִ B L A C K ִִִ T H O R N S
    ִִִִִִִ To Serve. To Protect. To Rule.
    ִ

Well we all have our ideas about MPs, but no one can say seriously that a lot of them have not stopped playing recently. (Another Mord raid with no MP, WTB the 5 MPs of Waylander)

Again, wishlist has hardly been updated since the mega-nerf. And again, what's the motivation for a new mez pet? I don't see what good it could make to us.

Also I think that MPs before 200 are fine, it's 207+ MPs who need love. <3

It's from the point of view of someone who likes soloing. I have no doubt that MPs in teams are fine atm.

Edit: so few people want new creation weapons? Shields are very nice for soloing come on!
    Last edited by Zorro; Nov 29th, 2004 at 18:03:47.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast