View Poll Results: NT wish / concern list prioritization poll

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poor damage when using Cyberdeck nukes

150 59.06%
  • Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes

108 42.52%
  • New SL Calms/Roots/Blinds/Layers (extended support tools)

163 64.17%
  • Damage vs. casting Support nanos (and loss of nano procs)

70 27.56%
  • Auto Nuke feature

109 42.91%
  • Minimum damage using Nukes

115 45.28%
  • Extermination Symbiants

85 33.46%
  • MC reqs

36 14.17%
  • Casting Animation

106 41.73%
  • Range Debuff (added, included for possible wish for editing it)

35 13.78%
  • Introduction of new nukes

88 34.65%
  • Nullity Sphere does not prevent reflect damage

61 24.02%
  • AI DoTs and SL nukes locks should be removed

114 44.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NT wish / concern list prioritization poll

I was hoping that our greater range issue would be on here, the fact that some Melee mobs hit for more than 40 meters, and that Other professions are able to hit up to like 47 meters away while we are still capped at 40 meters. This is unfair in pvp for sure making our roots only useful for running away rather than trapping our enemy to a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

interesting that the add additional nanos is getting a lot of votes, I voted there too --- that does not mean give us SL layers that take 3 seconds to cast. layers that cannot be instacast are virtually useless.

I think removing or softening level locks is v.imp the MC reqs and nanopool reqs are quite high and self limiting -- or you could just add several nanos to the top and shift all the level locks down

btw, thank you for doing this. it's very interesting looking at the different professions lists and how much they have voted. the last time I looked it seemd like we were getting quite a few votes from people. there is a lot of nice solidarity here.
    Last edited by dukenukem; Nov 29th, 2004 at 17:02:30.

I would like to add.

That after logging in today on rk1, and sitting at omni ent with 3 players AT ANY ONE STAGE for over 2 hours, or having a guild mate standing in old athens for 30 mins flagged looking for some PVP before he got any attention.....that funcom has to face some facts.....

They have leeched the fun out of the game entirely with the AI nerfs, and the boring grind of SL.

THe Nt is just one of the classes that should have signified the downward trend of the care of the playerbase in general. The lack of fun factor you only have to look at the issue of the AI DOTs.

Sorry for the new game director .......bit late fixing things at this stage with WOW etc out. hell even all the 250 bases currently are only flagged during euro time.....so no chance of moving one of those.

ONline over 200......only 173 players out 2572 peak US time.

Phinger
    Last edited by Phinger; Nov 29th, 2004 at 08:16:44.
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Now poll is closed, we can do a summary list :

Top priority list for NTs :
    1- New SL Calms/Roots/Blinds/Layers (extended support tools) : not really a surprise got 163 votes from 252 = 64.7% of voters
    2- Poor damage when using Cyberdeck nukes (59.5%)
    closely linked to :
    3- Minimum damage using Nukes (45.6%). More damage
    4- AI DoTs and SL nukes locks should be removed (45.2%). Missing some votes because that wish/concern has been added after poll has been released... Should have been 3rd in list.
    5- Auto Nuke feature (43.2%).
    6- Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes (42.8%)
    7- Casting Animation (42.0%). NT want more damage/more tools before the animation fix it seems.
    8- Introduction of new nukes (34.9%)
    9- Extermination Symbiants (33.7%)
    10- Damage vs. casting Support nanos (and loss of nano procs) (27.7%)
    11- Nullity Sphere does not prevent reflect damage (24.2%)
    12- MC reqs (14.2%)
    13- Range Debuff (added, included for possible wish for editing it) (13.8%) *no comment*
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

I do not think removing SL levels on nukes is a good thing.
    The 'one nuke per level' insures that you have something better each level, as our "attack rating" does not make any difference like the weapons, when you hit, you hit with specified range of damage, not depending on your AR.
    And each profession has level reqs on their nanos, and a special nano that they get at 220, a widowmaker for engy, rihwen for MP, behe for Enfo, etc...
    Like a reward for all those hours leveling.
    And i really doubt you'll see that one day

On the contrary, the AI DoTs level req should be removed. The main differences are :
    - AI does not give us any more skills (not like the shadowlevels i mean), so we all have the skills at high level.
    - We are the only prof having level reqs for AI, which is completely UNFAIR !

Of course a level 220 saying "do not remove level reqs on SL nukes" will not be taken seriously, i understand, i even could be flamed or tortured by the Saint Inquisition, but i don't care /spank /spank
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

I'm not sure I find it comforting that there is no general consensus on what we lack. No 1 or 2 item got even close to 100% of votes, even though it was possible to vote on multiple items.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Welcome to the dilemma Mastb.

I think its best summaries by WOW and the way they played the mage class. You actually have to do different strains of mages.

Fire......Massive damage very quickly cool for pvp, and one v one mobs.

or Cold, better crowd control, AOE effects, snares. Better group for raid better group pvper.

each caters for way players play mages...defensively and offensively.

Here in AO you get the same breakdown on how players feel about mages.

For all the fragileness......there should still be substantial damage.....which there isnt period. Damage Dump after damage dump factor from all the playerbase proves that.... in the client side of nuking/interrupting one self, lag, casting animation bugs. Funcom stick their collective heads in the sand on this front. I personally think its because they got their asses kicked by some wizard type when they first played games and have hated mage classes since.

And with the introduction of SL, they removed the remaining usefulness of the NT, versatility thru his toolset.....BY NERFING the toolset....nor expanding upon the lines when the difficulty of SL has decreased a NTs survivablity.I mean all the post 200 nukes have nuthing except damage....no stuns, debuffs...NUTHING.

So those showed as the two biggest issues.

Damage.

Toolset.

Both are equally important. I think the big hang up regarding damage is our pvp.
    Peronsally I dont think its an issue.....if we nuke 8k or 30k a nuke. In pvp the caps remain and a player will always take 3 nukes minimum to kill. Considering the ability to stun, interrupt blackhole etc....getting 3 successful nukes in pvp is hard to comeby unless you gank a lowbie. Toolset is more about soloabilty and survivabilty post 200 with regard to PVM and not PVP.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Doesn't matter, Cz is gone and I bet this poll will have no meaning by the weeks end.. I think this poll needed to be taken about 20 months ago and solved by now, I agree that I think its a bit late, the other games seemed to have built on these mistakes - and are definatly communicating directly to the player base more often about the issues they want to hear, not the case here, and when we are talked to - I never take them seriously any more, I mean look at my sig

I bet more communication on the board from Funcom is the answering maching "Please send this to feedback@funcom.com" instead of direct answers like we'd all prefer.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cz
    As my last official task for Funcom I've collected the poll results and forwarded them to the devs, with links to the threads describing the issues (so don't go change the descriptions now ). Thanks for the great work everybody.
    Proves you wrong, Abalz.

@ Phinger, yea PvP damage I don't see us as overpowered... people who PVP play classes that can soak up serious damage, and targeting a soldier, enf, adv and so on in PvP amounts to almost nothing. All those can easily destroy me in PvP. The other day at a whompa war, there was a shade with NR trained... I had CM and was teamed with a trader, so I had just below 2400MC. It was, however, impossible to land IU on that shade, and had there not been a doctor in my team, I would've perished to him fast. Not like a weapon would've helped me anyway, my AR would not be sufficient to hit him.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Great to see the polls will be passed on.

On a side note, about a week ago i sent in my feelings to feedback about the NTs current state... same day i got 2 replys...1 was the (i think) automated response, the other was from Cz himself saying my email was copied and pasted to that weeks report to the Devs. Just thought it was nice getting an email back that atleast sounded positive

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Proves you wrong, Abalz.
    At a glance yes, but I'm not totally wrong until our issues are solved
    Last edited by Abalz; Nov 30th, 2004 at 17:55:46. Reason: added the word: totally
    LOL

Positive note, our profession poll received the most over all votes with 254, beating fixers by two and docters by a handfull more - even though were one of the hardest dying profs we're still voting and fighting for our concerns
    LOL

you know ---- I didn't think about it at the time

but ---- perhaps a very big help for us would be to add in some more high and mid level chem damage weapons for all the professions

that would make us more usefull to teams

I can say it's really quite hard to get on teams, I'm getting the "sorry we took a soldier/enfo/crat/agent/fixer/etc instead" message a lot when I ping team leaders who are looking for members

anything that would make us more usefull in teams would be great, that applies to our extended toolset too
    Last edited by dukenukem; Dec 9th, 2004 at 02:03:51.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123