Thread: Yikes I Keep Nuking Myself!

Angry Yikes I Keep Nuking Myself!

wth ever since the new patch there has been a problem with targeting. I'll be targeting say a heckler but I'll nuke myself... . Come on FC NTs have it bad enough as it is. Now if I'm teaming with people they seriously think I'm retarded because I'm nuking myself all the time. Not only that but it is hazardous to my health. I hear other people also have this problem but it's more of an anoyance... to the NT profession it's a matter of life or death considering it takes about 3-4 nukes to kill me. Where is our emergency patch???
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

It's suposedly fixed in 15.7.0.2
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Iadpil
    Now if I'm teaming with people they seriously think I'm retarded because I'm nuking myself all the time.
    Anyone who is too stupid to realize that there are targeting problems that are code related right now... is someone you should probably consider not teaming with at all.

I do not understand how you can be having this problem. I played all last night teaming hecks and doing my own missions and I never nuked myself even once. Then again, I dont even use the little targeting boxes they gave us in the GUI, I just tab to my target and nuke with my hotkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User
    I do not understand how you can be having this problem. I played all last night teaming hecks and doing my own missions and I never nuked myself even once. Then again, I dont even use the little targeting boxes they gave us in the GUI, I just tab to my target and nuke with my hotkeys.
    I'd guess he's using perks that you don't, possibly an aura that causes his targetting to flicker to him as he's running a nuke... but neither of you have given enough details about your playstyle to make it more than a guess. And I'm not ingame to test the idea out myself...

Possibly that nano regen perk... forget what it is called. It used to interupt my nano casting.

It happens to me too... It's mostly at stuff like Beast raid, though, where all that nuking can sometimes drain my pool or IOR runs out and I need to regen with specials... I think it might be the targeting code on the specials selecting you whlie it looks like you have another target selected...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

"It happens to me too... It's mostly at stuff like Beast raid, though, where all that nuking can sometimes drain my pool or IOR runs out and I need to regen with specials... I think it might be the targeting code on the specials selecting you whlie it looks like you have another target selected..."

Yeah it mostly happens after I target myself to use nano regain perks & nano stims. The patch didn't fix the problem because it was happening last night to me. I'd target myself to use a nano stim then switch back to the heckler & bam I hit myself for a 2-3k nuke. Other NT's I know say they are still having the same problem after using stims & nano regain perks. I currently use "Regain Nano" & "Nano Heal." This never seemed to happen though before the 15.7.0 patch. So I'm not really sure what is causing it I just know it's not very fun. Oh & if this helps I always use the f1 key to switch between targets. Anything else I can add to help solve this problem?
    Last edited by Iadpil; Dec 4th, 2004 at 00:25:48.
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

Thats what I figured. I wonder if they're still working on it or if now that its fixed for the 'evades' people they're done with it...

Seems to remind me of an old Shadowbreed special targeting bug were when it wasnt reloaded it would target yourself even though it didnt show it AS the target. =P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

It was very easy to see if you selected a mob and then pressed F1 to select self..and then F1 to select back to mob. Visually the mob was selected..until you tried to nuke it :9

LC
    Deja moo: The feeling that you've heard this Bull before!

Lordchaoz, 220 Clan Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Icegimmer, 214 Clan Solitus Doctor
    Darkfactor, 145 Clan Nanomage Doctor
    Fixlord, 133 Clan Fixer