Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **Request for info! NT-wishlist**

Unhappy Advantages to NANOMAGE when it comes to NANOtechnician??

Here's a wish idea that specifically deals with my profession as it applies to my breed.

Just a thought but I'd like to see more equality in the breeds. I'm trying very hard to think of reasons that I don't regret my decision to roll a nanomage nt. Perhaps if I could equip higher level nano's sooner or was the only breed capable of reaching the requirements for a specific nano. But that's not the case since all the cyberdeck nukes are LEVEL locked and every breed can use the 220 nano if properly equipped.

Granted I got to put my merlin's on a bit sooner. I liked that! Lets see more things like that! But that doesn't really help me in the long run.

Perhaps if I had some neat nanomage shadowbreed. Like maybe a nano shield or something that would utilize my gigantic pool. But wait - they gave me another nano boost with my SB! At least it goes well with my million perk lines that do the same...

I think my main request is lets see specific advantages/ and disadvantages in the SL part of the game to choosing nanomage as a breed. Level locking nano's particularly hurt nanomage nt's since they can no longer use their higher nanoskills to their benifit

comments are welcome...

One of the things I noticed was that whenever an item has some kind of profession, or breed "preference", it invariably adds points to a skill or provides an action which has already been beaten over the head with an overkill stick.

As an example of breed-specific usage, I can't see a Nanobreed NT using the Body Dev-reducing/Max Nano-increasing Cranky Golem Eye... The HP-increasing (and nano point-decreasing) Cranky Golem Eye is much more suited for us. (I suppose that an Atrox NT might use the HP-version too, but the NP-version seems designed to play to the Atrox's strength while compensating for a deficiency.)

It occurred to me that if I were an armorer or item builder (or Nano-Technician, for that matter) in the 250th century on Rubi-Ka, I would want to create items or nanos which compensated for the flaws in the various breeds-- a.k.a., an Atrox-only INT/PSY enhancing item or a Nanobreed-only STR/STA enhancing buff.

You could also have items that help with other statistics beyond the base abilities (like strength or psychic)... like Nano Statistic buffage for the Atrox and HP or Body Dev buffage for the Nanobreed.

I haven't mentioned the Opifex or Solitus breeds only because the Nano and Atrox breeds seem to be the naturally opposing ends of the spectrum: Strength/Stamina vs. Intelligence/Psychic. The Opi/Sol breeds would have their items as well.

I'm only suggesting these items-- What stats they enhance would naturally be those that the specific breed is lacking in, and only by an amount significant to the deficiency. As a result, a Solitus item would certainly not enhance strength to the same degree a Nanobreed item would.

By the same token, There could be multiple Solitus items that favor certain stats that the player would chose based on their profession-- A Solitus casting or tradeskill class might want to favor hit points, while a Solitus melee class character might want to favor nano statistics.

Just thinking out loud....
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    [*]Wish: Extermination Symbiants.
    Please add: Ocular: Nano Init, Intelligence (both are essential NT skills/abilities). Chest+Waist+Leg: Stamina (MC Trickle down). Leg: Stamina, +HealDelta. Feet: +Healdelta. Ear: +XP%
    Still wanna see this, but specially the Stamina... specially since some of the Exterminate symbs (for example the 2 most important for NT, Brain and R-Hand) got Stamina req...

(edit: ooops a little thread necromancing here...)
    Last edited by Flapsie; Jan 10th, 2006 at 04:52:33.
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

What Would Be Nice

... is if our cyberdecks actually had an attack rating, based off of Matter Creation. That would be kind of cool - do a little bit of offhand damage as you wait for nanopool to recover (in those odd situations when everything goes wrong).

Second thing - perhaps change the effect of the Nullity Sphere from root to snare?
    Someone who wants to escape and use NS as a last resort doesn't want to stand there and get slammed on my mobs after NS dies...
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Is FC looking our wish list?

Quote Originally Posted by tilleul
    Is FC looking our wish list?
    Yes. Twisting everything we ask for into things we hate (like the cyberdeck and range debuffs) requires attention and effort.

I Am Lord Shadowdex, D3f3nder Of Teh Re-claim Terminal. S33 My Ov3r Siz3ed Sh1n3y Wr1st W4tch And Tr3mble Before M3. 0nce I Was Pheared And N0w I Be An Easy Target, F0r Teh N00b Lordz H4ve Destroyed My Big Phish. Now A Little Phish I Swim From Lord Sillirion Teh Greatest N00b Commander. Sayest Thou Lol, But Phear My L33t Pet For Leetzilla Hath More Use Th4n I. W0rkign 4s Entended For S0mon3 Must Gaurd Teh R3-cla1m. I Serve As Teh Court J3ster And Make Pr3tty C0lors. Lft

Quote Originally Posted by crisalys
    As an example of breed-specific usage, I can't see a Nanobreed NT using the Body Dev-reducing/Max Nano-increasing Cranky Golem Eye... The HP-increasing (and nano point-decreasing) Cranky Golem Eye is much more suited for us. (I suppose that an Atrox NT might use the HP-version too, but the NP-version seems designed to play to the Atrox's strength while compensating for a deficiency.)
    I suppose you've never gone for a low hp setup for a NT in pvp then... reset stamina and body dev, stick one of those on, remove all items buffing either stamina/body dev/maxhp, stick on stuff debuffing them (ie, cranky golem eye), layers up, yay for tl4 pvp... and thats about it...

I remember buying my golem eye, I thought it was so cool.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Dude tl4 pvp is gay, wtb decent toolset for 220 pvp, piss on all lowbies and die in peice you bungholes. Just kidding. But on a serious note, as a whole, when on gods green earth are we gonna get some content at the higher end?

An idea I posted in another thread -

Self only HOT's.
    We need all the survivability we can get, and some form of heals would be nice.

The nanoshield idea is awesome too
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    Self only HOT's.
    We need all the survivability we can get, and some form of heals would be nice.

The nanoshield idea is awesome too
    HoTs might be nice, but totally void in the NT's concept. Extension to existing nano lines, as layers (maybe introducing a small reflect also), refreshing layers, refreshing team layers, Fortification, Fortification with refreshing layers (like advie cycle layers) and blinds is the way to go.

Nano-shield is a form of layer and thus fits perfectly. It would be a trade-off, more defence = less damage, due to nano being beaten away.

A "special" attack, preferably in the form of a quick cast, quick recharge with hostile timer is needed for a alpha/burst ability. It would have shorter range than normal nukes, say 15-20m. Low QL nuke might have 60s hostile nano, high QL 30s.

A "big blast" attack, cast times like a ordinary CD nuke, double damage, 4-6 times cost, 60s hostile nano. Or simply make it empty nano-pool for 1hp damage/nano.

A "nano-nuke", a series of nukes that do nano-pool damage.

NT's needs to be activated, and pressing the same button every 3s isn't active. More options, and options that has an effect, is needed. These options also should allow more dps, at a high cost, so NT's can choose to be alpha damage. My ideas above fits in that idea.

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Nt nuking pet ftw

nuking pet nuking pet! give us a nuking pet! mp get melee pets, engys get melee pets, gimmeh a nuking pet!

Omfg Kipsta O.o
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaeda
    A "special" attack, preferably in the form of a quick cast, quick recharge with hostile timer is needed for a alpha/burst ability. It would have shorter range than normal nukes, say 15-20m. Low QL nuke might have 60s hostile nano, high QL 30s.
    Alternatively, a "special blocker", which locks all the opponent's special attacks for 15-30s.

A "big blast" attack, cast times like a ordinary CD nuke, double damage, 4-6 times cost, 60s hostile nano. Or simply make it empty nano-pool for 1hp damage/nano.
    Pre-SL we had something like this. Remember "finishing nukes?" What worked then was MASSIVE damage, followed by very slow recharge. Scaled to TL7, this would be something like 32-40K min damage (remember this is cut in half for PVP) followed by a 20-30 second recharge.

A "nano-nuke", a series of nukes that do nano-pool damage.
    Let's face it. TL7 docs tell me not to fill their NCU with "useless" humidity extractors, cost reduction, etc. At the same time, our enhanced nanopool and nano regeneration perks do nothing for our survivability.
    WTB a series of 1:1 nanopool nukes, with a 10K drain (cost 10K) available around lvl 195-205. This doesn't make us guaranteed winners in PVP, but it does a lot to counter the PVP bias towards professions with healing nanos. (i.e. "my pocket NT can cancel your pocket doc.")

NT's needs to be activated, and pressing the same button every 3s isn't active. More options, and options that has an effect, is needed. These options also should allow more dps, at a high cost, so NT's can choose to be alpha damage. My ideas above fits in that idea.
    Some options should mean more DPS. One of SL's failures was in the specialization department--what am I, a nanotech/librarian? That separates me from the others how? Maybe perks were intended to provide customization for various professions, but where other professions get to specialize in different weapon types, get uber shields, evades, etc. what do we get?
    • nano regeneration
    • more nano regeneration
    • still more nano regeneration
    • a few points extra damage
    • Oh yeah, more nano regeneration, and maybe an offensive action or two, that only work if we also take notum repulsor, which then destroys the skill those specials used for AR
    • a boost to nano skills that still doesn't give us access to those level-locked nanos
    • a boost to tradeskills that traders and engies can still do much better.

I could see a line of nanos that boost nano damage;/

Say x% extra damage at a cost of 2x% extra cost with 10 20 40 up to 200% boosters.

Double tripple and mass shot nanos that turn one cast into many but increases the cost for each additional shot quite a bit.

A dimache like area attack that would use up all nano and use mc and nano pool size for potency.

As for def I could see a fast recharging nanoshield layer thingy that recharges faster the larger our pool. Maybe a shield designed for soloing only that will explode if the user dies aggroing everything in a 40 meter range.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    Alternatively, a "special blocker", which locks all the opponent's special attacks for 15-30s.
    Interesting idea, though a special attack blocker isn't very useful in PvM and it wouldn't activate a NT there, only in PvP. Besides, i'm for the idea of increasing offence alot more than defence.

Pre-SL we had something like this. Remember "finishing nukes?" What worked then was MASSIVE damage, followed by very slow recharge. Scaled to TL7, this would be something like 32-40K min damage (remember this is cut in half for PVP) followed by a 20-30 second recharge.
    My first idea was like SL-nukes, slow attack, fast recharge. It should, like you point out exist two versions, one "starter" (slow attack, fast recharge) and one "finisher" ("fast"* and slow recharge). 30s recharge is unplayable though, but 7-10s is realistic.

*(possible to instacast without full agg and 2 expansions extra)

Let's face it. TL7 docs tell me not to fill their NCU with "useless" humidity extractors, cost reduction, etc. At the same time, our enhanced nanopool and nano regeneration perks do nothing for our survivability.
    WTB a series of 1:1 nanopool nukes, with a 10K drain (cost 10K) available around lvl 195-205. This doesn't make us guaranteed winners in PVP, but it does a lot to counter the PVP bias towards professions with healing nanos. (i.e. "my pocket NT can cancel your pocket doc.")
    That's where my suggested nano-nuke comes in. Could be a copy of CD-nukes but affect nano pool instead. Docs dont want those HE 'cause today nano expense is rather easy to predict, if you chain heal it'll take 60s to empty pool, and it very rarely fails. If there were nano-nukes that pool could empty in 6s instead, where stims and perks only replenish it to ~30%, making things a lot more interesting. We're on the same line here.

Some options should mean more DPS. One of SL's failures was in the specialization department--what am I, a nanotech/librarian? That separates me from the others how? Maybe perks were intended to provide customization for various professions, but where other professions get to specialize in different weapon types, get uber shields, evades, etc. what do we get?
    • nano regeneration
    • more nano regeneration
    • still more nano regeneration
    • a few points extra damage
    • Oh yeah, more nano regeneration, and maybe an offensive action or two, that only work if we also take notum repulsor, which then destroys the skill those specials used for AR
    • a boost to nano skills that still doesn't give us access to those level-locked nanos
    • a boost to tradeskills that traders and engies can still do much better.
    When i heard about specializations and perks (when SL was about to launch) i immediatly thought about specializing in fire nukes, radiation nukes, general damage, or standard damage with increased CC ... wouldn't that create some diversity?

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

So i haven't seen anything about NS killing RRFE on the wish list. ZOMG!

This just bugs the hell out of me. NS should not kill RRFE. Not only we have extremely low health and no evades, but we also can't use our pretty much class-defining nano as we please, as the cost for doing that is losing a 30% reflect.

So let's see. An adv goes out there, uses his absorbs / regens / nanos that are 100% effective in pvp (as opposed to mine, which get nerfed to 50%) / evade buffs and happily enjoys a 30% reduction of all incoming damage at all times.

Now silly little me goes out there, buffs up his cute little layers that became obsolete the moment SL came out, and fires up NS to survive incoming alpha. 19 seconds later i'm like a naked baby in the woods. Cause you know, anyone in a sub-75% zone without RRFE is pretty much naked.
    Gothique, 220 (21) Techno Arch-Wizard
    Synergy Factor equip <> perks

Do you need a tax break, goth? Cause you look like a farmer. - Supersoly
    just look in your back romanian's are in all place. - Rosi46
    ... I wouldn't mind seeing an instanced kiting playfield - Doctorhyde

Quote Originally Posted by Gothique
    So i haven't seen anything about NS killing RRFE on the wish list. ZOMG!
    the voice of experience says...

You realize, of course, that Funcom's fix would be to require you to manually remove RRFE before using NS2?

You realize, of course, that Funcom's fix would be to require you to manually remove RRFE before using NS2?
    hahahah

Funniest part is, that's the truth.

This is a wishlist though
    Gothique, 220 (21) Techno Arch-Wizard
    Synergy Factor equip <> perks

Do you need a tax break, goth? Cause you look like a farmer. - Supersoly
    just look in your back romanian's are in all place. - Rosi46
    ... I wouldn't mind seeing an instanced kiting playfield - Doctorhyde

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast