Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: **Request for info! NT-wishlist**

Question **Request for info! NT-wishlist**

{Edited by Satenia: I'm gonna hijack this thread a little, copy/pasted Rahmo's old concern/wish list in here (and locked his thread to avoid necromancy ) and updated it with recent feedback we got on our bug list. Also did no longer see need to be limited to 10 entries}

Concerns/Wish list:

1. Concern: Poor damage when using Cyberdeck nukes.
      NTs are currently far from top damage dealers when using cyberdeck nukes. The only time cyberdeck NTs approach competitive damage are when they are on RK or are able to use the 220 nuke. Damage improves a bit at 215+ when they have more Damage types to choose from in order to exploit the AC holes in SL MOBs and because they are starting to get enough Nano init to make the 'deck nukes better damage than RB+Weapon.

Important Note: NTs have lost a large part of their defensive capabilities in SL and even the 220 nuke falls far short of making up for that deficiency, especially as it is also ODd in some scenarios (by lower level professions with far stronger defensive/healing ability) even though it is approx. 40% better than our other nukes.

2. Concern: Minimum damage using Nukes.
      Most professions have new weapons with high minimum damage to make up for the high ACs in SL, while NT nukes are designed for both RK AND SL. Additionally, in the majority of situations NTs are unable to exploit AC weaknesses in SL due to a narrow selection of damage types on the nukes (e.g. no spec 4 chem nuke until 215, no spec 4 Fire nuke until 216, no spec 4 Projectile nuke). Because of this the vast majority of NT nukes still hit for minimum damage and this is one reason 'deck nukes perform poorly. One option might be to increase the availability of damage types/change existing damage types, another to reduce the effectiveness of ACs on nukes.

3. Concern: Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes.
      The reason the 220 nuke is a lot better than the other spec 4 nukes is largely down to the lower cast time. The nukes seem to have been designed without the reduced effectiveness of nano init past 1200 and this means they scale very poorly, e.g. the 201 nuke requires 2250 nano to hit 2/1 at Full Aggro, a figure even 220s need outside buffs to reach. The 219 nuke requires 2850 nano init to speed-cap, the 220 nuke 1950. It seems from this that the 220 nuke was designed as a Fulldef nuke and the others as FullAggro nukes, but the speeds needed to reach the speed caps are far from being achievable even when a Nano Init heavy set-up is used (which results in gimped ACs and loss of other boosts).
      At 2100 nano init (self-buffed Nano Init @ 220): http://www.ramorak.com/sl/nukes.asp?name=220+NT&lvl=220&mc=2050& ni=2100&deck=8&ac=35000&end=1.18&a ggdef=100&sec=30
      At 2850 Nano init (Nano Init required to speed-cap all nukes): http://www.ramorak.com/sl/nukes.asp?name=220+NT&lvl=220&mc=2050& ni=2850&deck=8&ac=35000&end=1.18&a ggdef=100&sec=30
      At 2850 nano init the nukes scale nicely in performance.
      Suggestion: Large nano init boost on Cyberdeck (+1000 for Izzy's), or reduce cast times on the spec 4 'deck nukes by approx. 2s. This would allow us to hit the intended 2/1 cast time.

4. Wish: New SL Calms/Roots/Blinds/Layers (extended support tools).
      A core part of the NT toolset was lost with SL and this has impacted heavily on team value and solo ability. Ideally these would be available via Perks or as added nuke procs so they do not interrupt the casting of nukes (see item 4). One option with Layers might be to use a hostile NCU buff so the recharge can be very short without allowing chain-use. Preferably these should be usable by both 'deck users and weapon users.

5. Concern: Damage vs. casting Support nanos (and loss of nano procs).
      Any time an NT casts a support nano (i.e. anything other than a Nuke) their damage drops dramatically, this is one reason NTs have such a hard time soloing, we can either layer/blind or we can nuke. With the cyberdeck we are the only profession that cannot deal damage while casting their nanos and whereas RK nukes had added procs (e.g. detaunts, stuns, debuffs) cyberdeck nukes do not making this even more of an issue at a time when we have a much reduced toolset. Please add more DD perk specials (to the Enhance Nano Damage line?), provide support abilities via Perk specials and add procs on to the cyberdeck nukes.

6. Auto Nuke feature
      Lag, Casting animation and timing all contribute to NTs failing to realise their damage potential. Please proivde an 'upload' feature for the cyberdeck, or a 're-cast last nuke' to allow for auto-nuking. Casting another nano interrupts this activity.

7. Wish: Extermination Symbiants.
      Please add: Ocular: Nano Init, Intelligence (both are essential NT skills/abilities). Chest+Waist+Leg: Stamina (MC Trickle down). Leg: Stamina, +HealDelta. Feet: +Healdelta. Ear: +XP%

8. Concern: Casting Animation.
      The casting animation prevents us casting at 2/1 unless we step to cancel the animation. Please either fix the casting animation or increase the recharge to 1.5s (with a corresponding drop of 0.5s in the cast time and speed/cap)

9. Wish: Working Range Debuff.NTs have a line of nano range increasers as Range used to be a core advantage of the NT toolset, unfortunately for game engine reasons range was capped at 40m. One way to restore this part of the toolset would be to improve/adjust the Range Debuff nanoline, dropping mobs/dynas/players range below the 40m cap, therefore restoring the lost range advantage.

10. Concern: Introduction of new nukes. After any expansion it is extremely rare for new Nukes to be introduced (or adjustments to existing ones), but we often see a proliferation of new weapons which end up rendering the Nukes pretty ineffective as a result of 'Mudflation'.

11. Concern/Wish: Nullity Sphere does not prevent reflect damage.
      We understand this is to prevent feedback loops but with the increased amount of reflect shields in use this has become a serious issue. Please change it so that Nullity prevents reflect damage.

12. Concern/Wish: Nullity Sphere death-trap
      Shield Ripper needs to be fixed for nullity. Being rooted and taking damage against certain outdoor boss mobs makes it a deathtrap for NTs using it. Please address this.

13. Concern/Wish: Perk specials landing rate
      Perk specials seem to be affected by the target's add all def modifier as well as their nano resist. This makes landing our perk specials twice as difficult in pvp on professions who have (relavitely) low NR but are able to achieve very high all def.

14. Concern/wish: AI DOTs drop on strange mobs, lowest DOT useable at low TL4 drops on Hezak the Immortal, ql300 raidboss.

15. Wish: Evil Demon Wings (bat-like). Clan+Solitus+NT only (Wings of Satenia)
    16. Wish: Holy Angel Wings (all feathery and stuff). OMNI+Solitus+NT only (Wings of Delerium)

Comments?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Aug 13th, 2005 at 15:00:30.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

8. Concern: MC reqs.
    Currently it is extremely difficult for any non-nanomage NTs to self-cast the top 'deck nukes. At 220 the ideal would be for Nanomage to be able to drop Nano Doctorate for increased flexibility, Opi/Soli needing Nano Doctorate, Atrox needing to twink heavily. One option would be to improve the +MC boost on Izgimmer's Hippocampal Augmentor.

I'm no trox nt expert, but I believe this is kinda outdated.

10. Wish: Range Debuff.NTs have a line of nano range increasers as Range used to be a core advantage of the NT toolset, unfortunately for game engine reasons range was capped at 40m. One way to restore this part of the toolset would be to add a Range debuff line, dropping MOB/Players range below the 40m cap.

allready "implemented" :P change to a fix if you like, but I would rather leave it broken and put focus on other problems
    Roland "Fingathing" Bunke 208 NT - on vacation
    Peter "Finga1337" Parker 214.16 Adv - My Equip

Rubi-ka 2

Add NT in the list of professions able to use control symbiants.

We have a toolset which allows us to control : Blinds, roots, calms... (even range debuff *cough*). And we can't use control symbiants....

Beside that, all professions should have the choices between 2 sets of symbiants (and 2 only)
    I really want to know why adventurers can choose between infantry, artillery and support symbiants when NT can't choose (and NT are not the only one in same case)
    Atlantean :
    Caller "Edmunster" Supreme 220/20 Soldier
    Fumble "Maddiganed" Countered 220/21 NT

Testlive infos

Quote Originally Posted by Mandale
    I really want to know why adventurers can choose between infantry, artillery and support symbiants when NT can't choose (and NT are not the only one in same case)
    Infantry only has melee modifiers ; Artillery only has ranged modifiers ; and support can be used because inf/art lack nanodelta, range inc, nano cost, nano interrupt and other essential mods that are used for heals.

I aggree that nt should be able to use control tho
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Docs and enforcers only have 1 set available to them as well if I'm not too mistaken though.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Wish to be at the top DD list - at all levels of play, not just 220. We should not have to wait until 220 for the game to start. Our defensive capabilities are really low, and inturn, we should have a high offensive output, but this is not true - and there are many damage dump threads lingering on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

symbiants

I really agree on the idea that we NTs should be able to use more than one type of symbiants.

But we arent the only ones with this problem. Dunno about enfos, but as stated above docs are in the same boat as us and so are engis

NT wishlist

Hmm
    well as an Opifex myself i do love looking my best... but that i cannot do with everybody else... trox, nanomage.. even solitus looks just like me...
    Id say get some more Opifex NT items aswell so we of the BEST (hehe) can be special... to add to Nano Init would be roxxor... and no more coats or capes... im not a superhero here... im supposed to be a G - O - D.

but all in all...
    An Auto Nuke funksion would be fun.. like have an Nuke box where we can plan what our 10 next nukes will be... and they will be casted as soon as the servers can accept us to cast em... (But then again dont take all this to serious... im still smoking weed).

also get some ignore implemented about all the auras or similiar stuff that is disturbing our casting... its irritating to wait

Wishes:

1) NT to be fun again.
    2) Auto-Nuke
    3) SL Damage to be boosted.
    4) SL toolset to be boosted as 3 won't be close to what is needed.
    5) NT re-written from scratch.

NT Motto: Veni, Vidi, Cucurri.
    Rahmorak, Clan Solitus NT
    How much damage are YOUR nukes doing?

Well i have been dabbling in ways to increase NT damage and one thing i havent seen yet is something along the lines of a NT "backstab" type attack. Whereas we get an additional attack based on MC skill with crit multipliers based on your degree of MC skill.

As i watch shades/rare adv backstab over and over again for 13k while doing mass damage via perks i just thought that if we got another attack to add to our arsenal that would increase our damage output by quite a bit. With a 13k or even 15k(wishful thinking ++) cap at the high end, where we require more damage, this could help take us up a notch on the damage ladder.

Of course you wouldnt have to be behind the target or not have aggro or anything like that as it isnt a backstab but more of a nuke type attack but the whole idea leaves lots of room for personalization through decks or whatnot.

Just an idea thrown out there
    GalxandJoan "Toxinator" Rox :: 202 Doc
    He "Tearspoint" Totem :: 215 Nano Tech :: Equipment :: Perks
    General :: Band of Brothers :: Band of Brothers Forums

Account Created
    2001-08-23 04:59:27

Account Status:
    Open

the ability to crit on nukes would add an interesting aspect to NTs it would have to be really tested and could get overpowered very quick.
    -nagaraja
    Ladyloss 220 Bureaucrat (equip)
    Mininukes the 220 boredom resulting in another 200+ toon.
    Greyanna Twink 36 Trader Coming soon to a tower near you.
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries

In suggestion and in my opinion about a damage increase,

I don't think any damage increases should be done with new items we need to wear/camp for, or in perks or new nanos, I think it should be a Database edit of the current SL nukes, multipling damage by 2.5 accross the board for min and max damages.. any less FC shouldn't waste our time or theirs.. 2.5 or nothing.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

There's a thread discussing the "backstab" idea somewhere around here. IMO it's a nice suggestion, but it would have to do massive damage, like 7.5-10k at least to be able to make a difference. Recharge reduced by more MC skill, possible damage increase based on MC skill, like 10k base, then +MC*1.5 or something like that... And of course affected by +% nanodamage equipment and perks
    The Red Brotherhood

More nano damage items or have regular damage modifiers affect nukes as well.

Arul saba bracers were one thing, but now several AI armor options or soldiers horde perk not doing anything for us is just plain silly.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

i for one thing that a pure damage add will only help for that first day when everyone goes "Wooooooooooooow, nice damage!", and about 3 seconds later "Where did the NT go?" when you are happily sitting at reclaim. Lets face it, a pure damage add won't even be close to making up for our lack of soloplay that isn't kiting at 3 secluded spots. And unless you count NS, which is a rare drop and by no means in every NT's nanolist, we have appalingly weak defences and simply can't take the heat for more then a little aggro flicker.

It needs to be a complete package. SL scaled offence and defence. We are talking more damage, massivly improved layers+blinds and a new root minimum.

And fix everything and the kitchen sink interrupting nanocasting. Perk recharge timer, auras, animation. Heck, i'm sure even the environment dot interferes with casting when it ticks becuase it is considered a nano.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

1 - Concern: Poor damage when using Cyberdeck nukes.
    till up to date. fix= make nuke 1/1 sec and adjust cast time by -1 sec = 50% more dmg max if anim bug fixed aswell

2 - Concern: Cast times on Cyberdeck nukes.
    See up

3 - Wish: New SL Calms/Roots/Blinds/Layers (extended support tools).
    my main wishes :
    -------------------------------TOP WISHES --------------------------------------

* Blinds efficient -> Top one should at least take 25%AR down so need about 500-600 min debuff.

* Layers -> should absorb up to 2k (could take double from Nanopool -> I.E. absorbing 2k in each dmg type could take nanopool down ...) This could give us a use to the atm useless HUDGE nanopool). we could have a new layer line : 500, 1K,1,5k,2K Absorb n deflect to Nanopool

* Roots that work (Immune killed them . Ever tried root a MA/Adv pvper) Atm it's 4sec waste. (Some MA kill me in less than that )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 - Concern: Damage vs. casting Support nanos (and loss of nano procs).
    see 3 : make suport nanos worth the time they take to cast.

5 - Auto Nuke feature
    sounds nice

6 - Wish: Extermination Symbiants.
    till using an implant in eye ... enough said

8 - Concern: MC reqs.
    hum any advantage left being nanomage ? if all can self cast top nuke then give nanomage %nanodmg multiplier ... or something worth it

9 - Concern: Casting Animation.
    ... bah rather have 1,5 sec recharge + lower cast time ... hope devs or game designers understand that being stuck is not what i call a fun gameplay

10 - Wish: Range Debuff
    Make it works from capped range so it's usefull. Or recalc all range and drop the cap

11 - Concern: Introduction of new nukes.
    well would trade that for better toolset

12 - Concern/Wish: Nullity Sphere does not prevent reflect damage.
    well NS is part of toolset could last a few sec more n MAINLY NS2 SHOULD PREVENT FROM ALL HOSTILE ACTION LIKE STUN/DEBUFF/DEPRIVES. Lets make NS a nullity sphere . Being root must give a hudge advantage as u're fresh meat when it goes off (don't talk me about some stupid evac perk with hours refresh ... i don't play 5mn to wait 2h a perk to refresh)

As summary all points seems till up to date ...
    Blancheneige /
    Alpha Omega as sweet home /
    NanoGimp NT /

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    Lets face it, a pure damage add won't even be close to making up for our lack of soloplay that isn't kiting at 3 secluded spots.
    By all means, evil twin.

But personally I think we don't have to play modest and aim for either one or the other, both defense and offensive are in serious need of a major love patch.

There have been plenty of suggestions made for both and personally I don't really mind what gets fixed first, if they would only START FIXING already!

The issue with the damage add items and perks is something I wouldn't even call a NT love patch, but simply a long overdue adjustment of damage increasing items. It annoys me to heaven when I see all these soldier, keeper, crat, whatever damage and all off auras run in my NCU and it doesn't do a damn thing for my character. It's the same with umbral ... whole team starts cheering and you hit for the same odd number again and again and again.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    everyone goes "Wooooooooooooow, nice damage!", and about 3 seconds later "Where did the NT go?" when you are happily sitting at reclaim.
    To be honest, I miss this effect!!! In my opinion of the NT, we are not supposed to be soloers.. we are supposed to do heavy damage - making us very desirable by teams. There are some aggro containin things we have such as the Fade anger perk and RB.. it will be like olden days of trying to loose agg when firing off many EIFs - it might actually be fun!!
    LOL

we are not supposed to be soloers.. we are supposed to do heavy damage - making us very desirable by teams.
    So your version of a NT is "team required to be able to play". I'm sorry, but my vision is drastically different, and I don't see it mentioned anywhere that NT != soloplay. I for one would like to have fun, be able to solo decently with my toolset and not need to beg in guild chat every time i need to get something done and see another FC lovechild do it with 2 hands tied behind his back.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

To be honest, I miss this effect!!! In my opinion of the NT, we are not supposed to be soloers..
    As if Doc were meant to be soloers lol. In fact they are.

We are <edit : supposed > damage dealers like shade/MA for melee or agent/Sold for ranged weapons . We should have same viability as they have.

+ I like soloing. Better say I'd like atm. It was taking me long time to solo Dyna pre SL with nanopool to care about but i could solo them. nerf EQB oups
    Blancheneige /
    Alpha Omega as sweet home /
    NanoGimp NT /

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast