Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A memorial to Aazamon and all roleplayers

Exclamation A memorial to Aazamon and all roleplayers

Today, Sunday the 14th of November service was held for a player that died last Saturday November 6th. He was a great roleplayer and many have felt his influence in this game. He was Aazamon. Spiritual Leader and General of the Nanomage Liberation Front. He played this rpg to it's fullest. He and others like him embody the type of player for whom game designers write games like these.

In his honor, I propose, as a memorial to him and those that felt his presence, a statue of him be erected in Borealis at location 694.5x455.1x88.3. It should be of his character holding his shotgun high above his head in heroic posture and with the motto of the Nanomage Liberation Front emblazoned on it's pedestal--Till All Are Free! I make this request hoping I have the backing of all the Old, Middle and Young Guard of Rubi Ka, Borealis, roleplayers and the neutral community.

Sincerely,

Softtouch
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

I second this motion

Ironox
    Member of the NLF
    Atroxian Royal Guard

It would be appropriate, I think. It has my full support!
    Ayanna "Lejon" Whites Level 213 New and improved fixerness.

Your type is: SAE. 3% of respondents so far fall into that type.
    Socializer 66%
    Achiever 60%
    Explorer 60%
    Killer 13%

A great memorial for a great player.

I also. I like what was said in his memorial also. A notum tree planted in Borealis, but I also like the idea of a statue erected in his honor and the honor of all the great role-players of this community. It would really be a great thing to see a memorial in place for him. I hope to see it. I too, am in favor of this.
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

"There can be no opinion about Truth." -Bret "XSerter" Kenley

I agree with all any and everything I got..... I for one will pay/chip/give up anything to have something like this done.. for the RP community .. to help encourage a little more RP and for Jesse

Exjuicer
    Archmage
    Illuminated
    Slayeratrox
    Debbie
    Exbeast
    Stopmining
    Divineguard
    Bellydancer

all my alts Vote for it 100%

TILL ALL ARE FREE !!!!

Only fitting someone who has shaped our lives and part of this world be honored with such a landmark within our home of Borealis.
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

((I already asked for one in another thread. Where else would I go to protest the NLF? This player definitely deserves a memorial. I can second this wholeheartedly.))

I hope something can be placed in his honor .

A memorial to Aazamon is a tribute to the whole RP community.

That would dbe so awesome!!
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

{ I really hope they make one.... Be giving a great honor to a great man... but what should be erected? I hear a notum tree and I hear a statue of him. I personally, don't care which is, as long as one is and it is somehow acknowledge towards him. A great man who gave alot to the community, expecting nothing in return for his great deeds. }
    Courage, Wisdom, Power, Faith, Life, Death, Change, Dream, Fear, Freedom, Friensdhip, Honesty, Honor, Intelligence, Justice, Knowledge, Love, Peace, Time, Future, Truth ; Everything needed to be great.

Malcom "Shadowgrider" Kenley - R.I.P.

"There can be no opinion about Truth." -Bret "XSerter" Kenley

Atlantean would benifit from this gesture, the NLF are part of the life of Borealis, probably its most notorious residents these days, and Aaz is now part of its history.

It would be nice if something like a monument can be erected in his honor. Lets hope it happens..

((Something to remember him by would be nice, but I don't know about a statue or monument. Aazamon's character was a figure that was an underground anarchist and so-called terrorist. I think something better fitting that character is in order like spraypainting a wall or the ground with huge words saying "Til all are free!" or something like that. I don't know - something better fitting his character and the NLF; a statue or monument just seems kind of stodgy and not very underground to me.))
    Last edited by Nevver; Nov 15th, 2004 at 18:51:36.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Quote Originally Posted by Nevver
    ((Something to remember him by would be nice, but I don't know about a statue or monument. Aazamon's character was a figure that was an underground anarchist and so-called terrorist. I think something better fitting that character is in order like spraypainting a wall or the ground with huge words saying "Til all are free!" or something like that. I don't know - something better fitting his character and the NLF; a statue or monument just seems kind of stodgy and not very underground to me.))
    [For once I agree with Neever..

Damn I must be slipping.. ]

(( Yes emotionally I would love to see a 50 foot high statue of Aaz in a heroic pose. However in RP terms I can't see omni-pol allowing it to stand for long. Maybe a notum tree and some NLF fly posters of Aaz in a heroic pose and "till all are free" might be more suitable, hey they even might have fly holostatues in the anarchy universe.

Whatever NLF feel suitable I will back ))

((Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I think Aazamon would like to see something that reflects the NLF, himself and works within the story or, at least, within how the NLF operates. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

That is a very good idea Nevver.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

-Saintbootay still wants to steal a seed from the Notum Tree and plant it in Borealis for Aazamon-

In notum, the life of the nanomage is possible.
    Over notum, the NLF has waged a war for the survival of their breed.
    In notum, Aazamon should be remembered.

What is a mightier symbol of the spirit of the man than a living tree of notum?
    What more appropriate place for such a rememberance of the man than his home, Borealis?

Statues are all nice... but a notum tree is far more apt.
    [SIZE=2]I would believe only in a god who could dance. *Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Exclamation

Well...a statue would not make sense IC...maybe OOC sure...but he was a roleplayer, and it wouldn't fit his play style or what he represented.

I agree with Nevver (for once), spraypainting a wall where there is heavy traffic in borealis (near the Whom-Pah), with huge words saying "Til all are free!" is much more fitting for Aazamon and it would immortalize him in the game properly.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast