Thread: ((Path Forgotten?))

((Path Forgotten?))

((I noticed recently that "A Path Forgotten," the story about Bahirae, has disappeared from both the Atlantean and Rimor Buzz. Has it been moved somewhere that I am just failing to find, or has it been obliterated? If the latter's true, it's a shame as it was nice to see some interesting "official" storyline material being presented again.))

Quote Originally Posted by Angellis View Post
    ((I noticed recently that "A Path Forgotten," the story about Bahirae, has disappeared from both the Atlantean and Rimor Buzz. Has it been moved somewhere that I am just failing to find, or has it been obliterated? If the latter's true, it's a shame as it was nice to see some interesting "official" storyline material being presented again.))
    ((I had also wondered the same, but seeing how he/she only has 7 posts left on all of the forums, indicate they were deleted. Also that they are no longer listed as a moderator, at least to me strongly suggests that person has left the ARK program))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((

Good.

We can now start forgetting the rampaging cyborg clones who were unattackable yet able to kill almost anybody in two to three hits, were totaly unreasonably, unapprouchable, and could call down aliens from the sky at whim.

))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    ((

Good.

We can now start forgetting the rampaging cyborg clones who were unattackable yet able to kill almost anybody in two to three hits, were totaly unreasonably, unapprouchable, and could call down aliens from the sky at whim.

))
    (( Seconded. ))
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

((Unfortunately yes, 'A Path Forgotten' has had to of been removed since the person who wrote it and the character(s) behind it is leaving. It would be unfair to leave a story half completed and no wrap up. It's still there for all intents and purposes (hidden to all but moderators and FC Personnel so it's not completely wiped off the face of the earth) and I still have a copy of it but there's a fair bit of it that's not complete yet and unfortunately bits which I did not get time to complete.

The 'unkillable clones' as much as they were, are linked into 'A Path Forgotten' and while they appeared invincible, the novel was meant to (in a few chapters time) show that they were infact recreations of a previous inferior model which only had a two hour battery time. So it was a case of keeping them preoccupied, preferably with Omni-Tek/Neutral personnel to avoid casualties and *zirk*, you have a shut down robot that'll just stand there.

I will still continue to write it, outside of ARK because it is in a sense a part of me and once I've completed it, with no ability to post it here outside of ARK. I will duly submit it to the powers that be such as my Funcom associate to the Events Team, and allow them to decide as to what to do with it.

My apologies for any upset or such caused in relation to the removal of 'A Path Forgotten.' It's really nice to see positive feedback in relation to it, and that which is concerned feedback would duly change in time and understanding. I hope.))
    Last edited by Lornavash; Mar 23rd, 2007 at 12:30:37. Reason: Forgot the close OOC brackets. Duh!

((I know a lot of us liked the story. It was great to see some official writing by Funcom again about something. I believe all of us didn't post in it because we didn't want it to be interrupted with chatter. ))

((Aw, I hadn't witnessed any of this cyborg stuff in game, but I still wanted to know how that whole story was to end. Oh well. Thanks for having shared it, in any case.))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    ((I know a lot of us liked the story. It was great to see some official writing by Funcom again about something. I believe all of us didn't post in it because we didn't want it to be interrupted with chatter. ))
    ((That is 100% right. ))
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    (((ding ding ding ding)))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((I definitely enjoyed the Path Forgotten story and hope that, when it is completed and submitted to Funcom, that it does see publication in some way.))
    Ferrex "Sanqq" Baldwin
    General
    Department of Entertainment
    ~Society of Salvation~

(( at the risk of sounding like a complete and total ass kisser, You guys should also bear in mind that if they were just regular ol' bots, there would be nothing to fear really. We get killed, meh, *Crrrzch -- Ping!* Reclaim and popcorn (extra butter and salt plz) is done. character get killed over and over, well that breaks down the fighting spirit, as well as increases the chance the 1% of reclaim failure. While I will agree the helpless feeling sucked butt, there isn't much out there for our characters to truly fear; they just don't die. ))
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    ((While I will agree the helpless feeling sucked butt, there isn't much out there for our characters to truly fear; they just don't die. ))
    ((I quite agree. It may not be the case for me, being still a puny little 112, but when you look at all the stuff post-level 200, from a RP point of view, it sort of become a little difficult to see our charaters as 'having weaknesses' -- why, they have Shadowbreeds, high-quality alien weapons, etc. I know RP doesn't necessarily have to bend to game mechanics, but when it implies fighting, eh, one has to bring something that can stand toe to toe with high-level players for more than one second. We can't win all the time. And der, I prefer be helpless in front of some cyborg in a storyline than in front of another player who'll kick my shiny bottom just for the sake of feeling great. *Wha, you think it's never happened to me? Hehe.*))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

((hehe.. I got my arse handed to me by Bahirae more than once.. I still enjoyed it and reading the story and would like it to be finished.. and yes I never posted in it for the same reason.. didn't want to see it get cluttered up with chatter..)