Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Council of Truth attacked, Clan Leaders speak out

Council of Truth attacked, Clan Leaders speak out

Council of Truth attacked, Clan Leaders speak out.

The leader of the Vanguards, Alan Jacobi, has released a general statement on Sunday, in reference to the attack by fanatical neutral shades on the Council of Truth in Tir Saturday.

"The Vanguard organization condems the attacks on the Council of Truth. The clans should not have to bear the burden of the fears of terror, and so we shall not allow ourselves to act rashly on their behalf. Athen will, as it always has, remain open to neutral customers; we shall not punish the entire class for the actions of a few bullies."

The take-over, which happened about half-way through one of the Council's regular monthly meetings, was launched by an organized force of at least four neutral shades, possibly professional assassins. The meeting was running a week after the regularly scheduled date, as it was postponed last weekend in observence of an archaic Earth holiday, as well as the seemingly annual onslaught of strange happens that coincide with said holiday. For this reason, many sources speculate that the attack was a barely-planned, spur-of-the-moment move on the part of the neutral forces. The Tower's security system was taken over by an unknown person or persons, and all doors within were locked, trapping the Council members inside.

The entire attack came to an end when fighting broke out amongst the terrorists and the Council of Truth representatives. Fixers reportedly evacuated those who were unfit for combat from Truth Tower. Those left inside fought valiantly with the terrorists inside, all of which were eventually killed after a few Clan casualties. The terrorists had claimed that the insurance policies of those in Truth Tower had been hacked and nullified, however those who were slain by the terrorists were able to confirm that these threats were untrue. Lastly, Alan Jacobi regained control of the security system after reportedly being rendered unconcious and thrown in to a storage area on his way out, and awakening at a later point in incident.

While many Clanners are pointing fingers at the whole of the neutral population, New Dawn's Council of Truth representative, Xeavier Humbold feels that such hasty decisions are "...unwarrented and overzealous." In a brief interview on his way out of Truth Tower, he stated that "Neutral forces can't be held to blame for the actions of so few persons. New Dawn will be launching its own independant investigation in to the matter, and has the cooperation of various Neutral authorities."

Transcripts of the Council of Truth meeting reveal that the motivation behind these attacks was freedom of passage for all Neutrals through the Sentinel-controlled city of Tir. The Sentinels are vigilant in their anti-Neutral policies and attack any Neutral citizen on sight within the city's walls. Sentinel commander Simon Silverstone was unavailable for comment immediately after the attack, though nobody expects him to give in to the demands of the terrorists. A heated debate still rages amonst clanners as to who is at fault for the attack, though no clear conslusions have been drawn.

Other articles and outlets of interest pertaining to this event:

Council of Truth Gridsite

Political Climate - The Neutrals

Whisper's Edge Declaration.
    Charissa Maephina Vein
    212 Metaphysicist
    My RP Profile Conflicted Voice Pak Plus!
    Somehow i just know that Haiku Poets, Mimes and Martha Stewart will have something to do with the end of the world... ~Escritores

Woo-hoo, some real faces being shown now. The truth behind the peace loving neutrals revealed, in reaction to the fantical bigotry of the clans. Pah, my only regret is that more shades hadnt been there to finish the job.

Much as i loathe to admit it, good job neuts.
    Never Forget. Never Forgive

205 Solider
    Currently on Extended Leave

I am disgusted by this attack, the criminals who carried out this assault should be hunted down and dealt with harshly, but please I beg you, don't belive for a moment that the majority of neutrals, such as myself, agree with an attack like this, yes we have had differences, I was born in Newland, I grew up there, and I watched with horror as Warr and her thugs attacked clan members coming into my home town, I also suffered at the hands of the thugs in Tir as they attacked neutrals who had been going there for years, but even with all of that between us, I still think there is hope for peaceful coexistence between all parties on Rubi-Ka.

So I plead with you, don't turn your anger in the wrong direction, hunt down those responsible, and if you need an extra gun, I'll be there with you.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

"Good job neuts" Mr Anomander?

I, personally, am disgusted that you seek to congratulate an entire faction of peoples upon this planet who were not in any way involved in this.. psychopathic outburst of uncontrolled anger. Do you, do any of you, blaim the entire organizations of OT-RK or the Clans, whichever you may be part of, for any wrong actions a few, a very few, of your members partake in? I have been threatened in a clan town, but not by the Clans, by a PORTION of the Clans, which I would hope, for their own sakes, that the entire Clans do not sit and bark at Simon's command. And this, while a bit frustrating at times, would never lead me to an attack on the Clan people, nor even on the Sentinels, but rather I would like to see some form of peace between the neutral people and the clan people as a whole, all of their parts. Neither I, nor any of the 'neutral' people that I know, were directly, or even indirectly, involved in this attack, and I would prefer, Mr Anomander, that you do not attempt to congratulate me for an action I had no part in, and am apalled by. And to the Clans and their leaders, your council was not attacked by the neutral populace of rubi-ka, so please, do continue in your understanding of this, and do not blaim us as a whole for some ignorant, self-righteous little fanatics which cause strife and mayhem between our peoples. And I hope for a less stressed coexistance with the clans in the future, and for peaceful relations with Omni-Tek as well.

Thank you.

--From the office of
    Kaoru Akegata

*signed Yume*
    Kaoru "Yume" Akegata -- 220 opi-crat, member of Shattered Dreams.

--Saikotik - opi-sold
    --Dawnslight - opi-agent

Crats aren't uber because they OD everyone in the perfect situations, or because they do XP stuff... crats are uber because they're crats! \o/

*currently obsessed with Red Tape-ing raid mobs*

Firstly, its GENERAL Anomander, neut.

Secondly, i congratuale your compatriats courage. The neutral path is no path at all. There is no honor in NOT choosing. Life is choice, should we do this vs should we do that. For once, we see neutrals realise this, and they have struck a blow against those that would harm them, the Clans.

What beggers my belief though, is the attitude of many of the neutrals. Omni Tek protects you, feeds you, arms you, we even provide the air you breathe, and yet, we are held in contempt.

We have done nothing but extend our hand to you, and yet, you spit on us with your continued support for the clans. Until now that is.

Again, i reiterate my point, good job neuts!

205 Solider

To Mr Anomander,

You are certainly a confused individual. Firstly, no, they most certainly were not my compatriats, they weren't, and never shall be. Secondly, they did NOT perform this act of terrorism for the good of, or acording to the desire of, the majority of the neutral people of Rubi-Ka. Also, if you would take a moment to actually use your brain for more than simply stuffing to keep your head from deflating, I, and most other neutral people I know, do not spit in anyone's face, and we are not 'supporting' either the clans, or Omni-Tek, for if we were, we'd not be... what's the word I'm seeking... ah yes, NEUTRAL. We seek to coexist with both other parties, not to support either's overall beliefs and motives.

And for the record, Omni-Tek doesn't pay us, they do not equip us, the air you so wonderfully attribute to Omni-Tek is a standard terraforming practice. If OT had not done it, someone else would have. And OT doesn't feed me, I happen to have an income and purchase my own possessions and food.

--From the office of
    Kaoru Akegata

--Saikotik - opi-sold
    --Dawnslight - opi-agent

Crats aren't uber because they OD everyone in the perfect situations, or because they do XP stuff... crats are uber because they're crats! \o/

To Yume.

I am not confused. You are either with us, or against is. We tolerate your continued support of the clans, and bear it with gritted teeth, while at the same time extend you the men, firepower and armour to protect your cities, or did you simply assume that the Newland Guard fell from the sky?

To put it bluntly, i classify anything that does not involve shooting, stabbing, burning, or exploding clanners as aiding them.
    Last edited by Anomander; Nov 30th, 2004 at 11:08:38.

205 Solider

I cant help but think..... could this be the Dust Brigade finally also trying to stain the reputation of the Neutrals?

I am one of those who havent forgotten about them even tho they vanished shortly before the aliens arrived.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

To be honest, I didn't concider the DBs possible involvement, but at the same time, I've wondered where they've hidden themselves for now, and what horrors they are planning to attempt to bring down upon the people of Rubi-Ka, and every day they remain silent causes me more aprehention.

But yes, it's obvious that -someone- is wishing to taint relations between, at very least, neutrals and the clans, though I'll not be suprised if other attacks from various sides are directed toward others.

Especially in this time of disorder, I would urge the higher powers and average people alike to take a very good amount of time to concider any seemingly 'obvious' attacks from any party before rashly blaiming anyone, and I commend the clan leaders for doing so in this case.

--"Yume"

--Saikotik - opi-sold
    --Dawnslight - opi-agent

What is this pathetic clutching of straws?!

Why can't you accept the truth Yume, that maybe the neutrals actually have some backbone?! Why are you apologising for your people? Accept the fact that, neutrals stood up to the clans and made a strong choice.

As for the dust brigade, Omni Tek has obviously taken care of them, which accounts for their low key prescence lately.

205 Solider

Mr Anomander, if you could please stop claiming to know a group of people you are so obviously not a part of.

Must I tell you yet again that those people involved in the attack are in no way "my people" hence I am not apologising for "my people" and I am not apologising on their behalf, but rather, that they claimed to be neutral and performed such barbaric acts of terrorism. I do not ask that you understand this, since that is obviously beyond your grasp, but I do ask you aknowledge it, Mr Anomander, if such a complex task is within your power.

And it's rather apearant from the past, as OT persons, clan persons, and neutral persons fended off DB attacks and the common people of Rubi-Ka pushed them back that OT is more than capable of taking care of them silently and efficiently.

Now I ask that you cease the endless, repetative remarks of my people, and perhaps focus on the more urgent matters at hand. Doesn't Omni-Tek have an alien invasion to hold back? I do believe you mentioned your rank of general, wouldn't it be beneficial for you to assist them with that little task?

--From the office of
    Kaoru Akegata

--Saikotik - opi-sold
    --Dawnslight - opi-agent

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander
    What is this pathetic clutching of straws?!

Why can't you accept the truth Yume, that maybe the neutrals actually have some backbone?! Why are you apologising for your people? Accept the fact that, neutrals stood up to the clans and made a strong choice.

As for the dust brigade, Omni Tek has obviously taken care of them, which accounts for their low key prescence lately.
    This i laughable and amateur like OT propaganda..
    When have Bustbrigade ever been high key presence? They made what 2 attacks? Ooh woopy... *Grins* Omni Tek is to cowardly to do anything about the Dustbrigade as can be seen by their presence in Perpetual Wastelands which has not changed at all..
    This neutral hostage taking was laughable too and the ones in charge of it need to be executed.. My 5 creds would be just to level out the whole of Borealis atleast we would be free of those neutral pests and we might get a few lead caracters in this whole hostage thing with them in the process.. Think of neutrals as those rodent leets they seem awfully cute but are only there to be pests and annoy you.. *Evil laugh* Saying that Neutrals have backbone is the most laughable thing in this whole issue, they're to cowardly to even pick a side in this war that can hardly be called having any backbone..
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Escritores,
    You represent, fully, the clan threat. You see nothing but mistrust, and people to abuse, harry and mistreat. Much as Omni Tek is disappointed by the neutrals refusal to accept our protection, warmth and care, we still view them as highly valuable assets, to be cultivated and protected.

Unlike your own pack of blood thirsty terrorists, waging an unjustified war, Omni Tek is about the empowerment of mankind and a useful place for, while the clans seem content to butcher the innocent employees of Omni Tek.

No, i welcome the neutrals recent actions, and hope, one day, they will join Omni Tek.

You on the other hand, until you repent, and present yourself to the proper authorities, i fear for your future. Omni Tek is already sucessfully dealing with the current alien crisis, and i fully expect it to be resolved in the close future, PROVIDED the clans cease hampering our efforts to combat this menace, and when that is done, i think our patience and tolerance of the clan menace will come to an end.

As for the Dust Brigade, they remain quiet because Omni troops are obviously curtialing their activities. I had thought that to be self evident.

205 Solider

Escritores,
    You represent, fully, the clan threat. You see nothing but mistrust, and people to abuse, harry and mistreat. Much as Omni Tek is disappointed by the neutrals refusal to accept our protection, warmth and care, we still view them as highly valuable assets, to be cultivated and protected.
    Something like Brontos you mean? Neutrals are smart enough to learn from others mistakes. We know how well OT cares.On the treath issues...poor OT, when one person presents full treath.

Unlike your own pack of blood thirsty terrorists, waging an unjustified war, Omni Tek is about the empowerment of mankind and a useful place for, while the clans seem content to butcher the innocent employees of Omni Tek.
    No war is unjustified. All sides always have some justification for it. BTW read coorporate brochure again...OT is about profit at all costs. Only benefit is to company bilance.

No, i welcome the neutrals recent actions, and hope, one day, they will join Omni Tek.
    We know. It shows great resemblance to coorporate actions. Striking resemblance to Unicorn actions.

You on the other hand, until you repent, and present yourself to the proper authorities, i fear for your future. Omni Tek is already sucessfully dealing with the current alien crisis, and i fully expect it to be resolved in the close future, PROVIDED the clans cease hampering our efforts to combat this menace, and when that is done, i think our patience and tolerance of the clan menace will come to an end.
    Isn't it the other way round? If he presents to OT (proper authorities? lol), you fear for his future?

As for the Dust Brigade, they remain quiet because Omni troops are obviously curtialing their activities. I had thought that to be self evident.
    You take loads of things for self evident. Please check with your superiors first next time.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

This all sounds a bit too familiar...first neutral shades attacking the CoT as well as Philip Ross, then Borealis being attacked by giant genetically-modified rollerrats. Could any eyewitnesses account for any peculiar mannerisms the shades had? If most of them were hissing rather than speaking this might be an old problem returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yume
    To be honest, I didn't concider the DBs possible involvement, but at the same time, I've wondered where they've hidden themselves for now, and what horrors they are planning to attempt to bring down upon the people of Rubi-Ka, and every day they remain silent causes me more aprehention.
    This just doesn't sound like the Dust Brigade to me. We've always suspected they had offworld aid, maybe these aliens are causing them the same amount of trouble with shipping supplies that the rest of us have to face.

No, shades are inseparable from the shadowlands--we've seen the Dust Brigade in Jobe before, but they've never used any Xan artifacts to my knowledge. Considering the Dust Brigade have threatened clan, Omni-tek, and neutrals all at the same time, I doubt they've suddenly decided to make themselves allies of any newcomers.

Getting back to the matter of the shades--has anyone thought of contacting Reddemed or Unredeemed authorities to see if they've heard of this group before?
    Last edited by Keldros; Dec 5th, 2004 at 21:48:17.

It is possible the Shade assasins do have theyre roots in Shadowlands but I doubt it since they attack Mr.Ross who mainly involves in RubiKa issues only.

The head behind these attacks must, in my opinion, be from our very own planet.

But, even though I brought it up, I see that the DB is a vague shot in the dark.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

On further thoughts about the DB I find it su****ious, at least, that theyre activity rose to new hights prior to the alien attack. Then ,even before, the news of the aliens were unleashed they simply vanished.

The Dust Brigade have been succesful in heating up the factions on several ocasions. The neutrals have been spared mostly. Now something different are trying to smother the neutrals good reputation. I cant help not thinking theres a masterplan behind this. Maybe a leader of sorts that have changed tactics drastically.

I am eagerly watching the development.

At the same time I encourage everyone to vigilantly look out for these assassins.

Omni Tek provides for the weak.

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

I'd laugh, if this wasn't so tragic.

Soooooo, according to the crackpots clans, and the neutral apologists, a secret cabal, consisting of the Dust Brigade, Unicorn Squadron, the Unredeemed, and the redeemed, plus a secret off world group (possibly the pod people in their latest nefarious scheme to steal our brains) is plotting to kill the clans, in an attempt to discredit the neutral movement and stir up trouble.

This is apparently more believable and acceptable than the idea of neutrals, sick of the homicidal rage of a madman, endorsed by the clans, standing up for their rights, the only way they could.

Note to self, begin air drops of tin foil helmets across Tir immediately.

205 Solider

ISoooooo, according to the crackpots clans, and the neutral apologists, a secret cabal, consisting of the Dust Brigade, Unicorn Squadron, the Unredeemed, and the redeemed, plus a secret off world group (possibly the pod people in their latest nefarious scheme to steal our brains) is plotting to kill the clans, in an attempt to discredit the neutral movement and stir up trouble.
    Actually, no. That's just the case according to one omni who can't distinguish between multiple threats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast