Thread: Why some weapons don't go to level 200?

Why some weapons don't go to level 200?

Why is it that some weapons don't go up to quality 200?

I'm thinking of agent's weapons, rifles, but I assume this must be a problem with other weapons as well.

The only rifles which apparently actually exist up to level 200 are stigma rifles and disafilliation rifles, both of which have serious weaknesses. The stigma rifle is a fast firing, lower damage weapon, which is not what you want when you're high level and have a super high ranged initiative.

In fact, as of level 70, I have >already< got my ranged initiative high enough so that my stigma rifle (not a 200) is maxxed out in its speed, it fires as fast as it can. So why would I ever want to raise my ranged init again?

The disafilliation rifle only holds 5 bullets, which is >also< not what you want when you have a high ranged initiative. What good does it do you if your gun fires extremely fast, but spends 30% of it's time reloading?

Is there some reason why the better rifles like the Tsakachumi rifle or the MTI flechette don't go up to 200?

(I can't use level 200 rifles myself, just thinking of my future)

Yes there is reason...

... and it is called balance.

Actually Agent rifles are about only really well balanced weapons out there which can be seen from the fact that many high lvl agents use many _different_ rifles.

Imagine a Gripo-Com QL 200. There is a reason why it ends at QL 50 the reason being that if it would continue to scale it would be insane and every agent would use that from lvl 1 to 200.

I also like the variation and one thing people should stop thinking is that QL = QL. So what if some weapons end at QL XXX before QL 200 as long as they are as good as other QL 200 weapons so that people have several choices. The table below might be sligtly errandeous and I might have forgotten some weapon but this is about the list of weapons you see high lvl agents use:

Premium Disaffiliation Sniper QL 200
    Premium Stigma Rifle QL 200
    OT-Windchaser RM70 Ozelot QL 200

O.E.T. Co. Type 77a Ranee QL 188

Tsakachumi PTO-HV6 Counter-Sniper Rifle QL 175

OT PF57 Flechette System QL 160

Of these 77a is considered the best weapon but requires rising of shotgun skill which ends up lowering your ATT rating a bit but the crits are nice also I dont think any high lvl agent uses anymore PF57 either since it ends so early and its not THAT good when it ends unlike 77a example.

Hmm, I am sure I am forgetting some gun...

Zarch and bunch of other characters

I understand that overall rifles are balanced compared to weapons of other professions, and yes, this is proven by the fact that agents use many different rifles.

But I'm not complaining about gripocoms only going to level 50. What I'm wondering is, why do those other rifles stop at level 160, 175, or 188? Why don't they go to 200?

As you pointed out, no high level agent would use the mti flechette, which only goes to q160, or the tsakachumi, which only goes to 175, since the rifles which do go to q200 are better at quality 200.

In comparing the highest level rifles with the highest level weapons of other professions, like the mausser and the novaflow, it seems clear to me that the others are better than rifles. This is because the best rifle, the tsakachumi, doesn't go to level 200.

The Stigma rifle, disafiliation, and OET all have serious weaknesses. One does low damage, the next has a tiny clip of 5 bullets, and the third has a tiny clip of 5 and will give you a low attack rating because it requires shotgun skill. The tsakachumi is the most balanced rifle, so why does it stop at 175?