Thread: Which class makes best solo? MA or MP?

Which class makes best solo? MA or MP?

I am a level 25 MA. Solo most of the time. Missions are getting harder and harder. I can handle the 75% missions, but if two red mobs jump in, then I have to run. I heard its only getting harder in the higher levels.

Is MP are better solo classes. At least they can make all the implants...

Lightbulb

I will tell you a secret : Bureaucrat is the best prof to solo

Pet, charm, calm, nuke, guns ect... But don't tell anybody we are a few to know this.

Definitely true that crats are the best soloing class. I can't speak for high level crat's, but I played a crat up to level 58 and it was ridiculously easy to solo.

At level 40'ish, I used to go to NW mines in Lush Hills and happily solo and get some incredible experience. At the same time, there would be full 6 man teams of level 40-50 folks having trouble once in a while. In fact, it was better experience to not team with folks. For the longest time, I used to kill mobs and not get all the experience possible because of the 10% cap.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Returning after a 6 month hiatus

MPs are more powerful than MAs solo, but that may or may not translate into the MP leveling faster than the MA because of the pet pathing difficulties that you have to deal with. In a low level group MPs are probably more powerful than MAs. In a high level group, MA is far more effective and MP might be the most ineffective of all professions since the groups run tend to run through missions very fast and the pets get stuck ALL THE TIME, which usually results in the MP having to abandon the pet completely. Without the pet the MP is like a gimpy NT.

Both are great solo classes.

I would go with MA though... More consistant and steady in their XP gain because they can kill things faster than an MP.

mp is a bit easier, you can fight red mobs all the way but you have to invest a lot of money into nanos and ncu

ma is a lot cheaper, you don't have to get a weapon and it's no prob to go with low level armor a long time

i played both, mp up to 43, doing ql 70 missions, soloing NW mines, bored about it

my ma is now lvl 104 and i'm pretty happy with her. also as ma you have something to look forward to up to lvl 200. as mp, you can pretty much cast and do everything important (buffs, pets) at level 125 or so.

at that level, mp is maybe the strongest profession in the game, but you wont become much stronger for the rest of your "life"

my suggestion is to stick with your ma, they are fine and you can play them in a lot different styles, with a weapon, fists only or even with a bow without gimping your char.

MP is better if you want to be as self reliant as possible. If you are ready to lose some of the self reliance or plan to go over lvl 150, then I suggest Crat instead.

Zarch and da chars

heh

I solo my crat at level 70
    I solo my mp to level 50
    I solo my MA to level 40

And I feel that crat was so easy to solo.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Fixer all the way

The answer to this question really depends on your personal playing style. But I've had the best experience soloing my Fixer.

Cool

MP always till 170ish then maybe MA but i am bias