Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viable Weapons (and other Options)

Sticky please!
    ++***Forsaken Guild***++

Angelo "Johnnybegood" Aribaderci: 220 Adventurer - Melee Extraordinaire
    Nicholas "Trantice" Copernicus: 205 Adventurer - Ranged Mayhem
    Nicholas "Trantice02" Copernicus: 200 Keeper - Love Child
    Final "Cecilix" Fantasy: 165 Enforcer - *Yawn*

++***Forsaken Guild***++

thank you for this post !
    i searched a long time for weapon choices, and now i got them all together

sticky please !

Fixed a couple typos.
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

You really lo0ve the word nifty, don`ty you?

Nice little guide here, concider stickying it!

Pst.. it`s InobAk, not inobok.

Gothy for President.

<3.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Kinda at "sticky capacity" for the moment, but I have put a link to this thread in the weapon part (2nd post) of the Adventurer Handbook thread.

-Jayde

Quote Originally Posted by Afelia
    Gothy for President.

<3.

Afe is teh best <3

Typo fixed, and yes, I love the word "nifty" Serpentin .
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

"Sword of Dusk/Dawn (melee energy, Levels 210+): While the level requirement only states 200, you need pand access and a nice big raid group, it's a Beast drop for the hilt and you need the respective seed from The Night Heart. Not to mention that to make this weapon fairly go0d, you'd need a lot more skill than just meeting the requirement. "

Dont the attackrating of the sword get determined by mainhand, so if you keep a 1he sword in mainhand then you should get that attackrating on damage and attack on both swords?

If there was a different AR on each hand, I'd think that would be displayed.

If this is so, then you just need melee energy to equip the sword, nothing else. That is alot of ip saved, personally I got about 1050 in melee energy cause I want to self equip it.

Currently equiping SoD/axe btw.
    Last edited by NewAlias; Nov 7th, 2004 at 12:49:36.
    Dhomer - 216 adv

Only the AR of your right hand weapon is shown. You use the correspondent skill to calculate AR on off-hand weapon.

Very easy to see if running DamageDumper when pairing with a weapon with another damagetype. Different amout of misses.

off bracer of recondite flame goes and on damagedumper goes....

Update: hit 365 times with axe and 300 with SoD, but the MBS might have cause that one.... not sure really. Got about 1.8k 1he skill 1k melee energy and 1950 AR, but the MBS on lightsaber is 1500 vs the axes 2250.
    Last edited by NewAlias; Nov 7th, 2004 at 16:02:44.
    Dhomer - 216 adv

MBS doesn't affect chance to hit, only damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Afelia
    MBS doesn't affect chance to hit, only damage.

Your Max Beneficial Skill is very different from your Attack Rating.

As Afe says, MBS won't affect your chance to hit. It'll only affect how much damage you do with your weapon (an MBS is a cap on that).

And while I'm not certain, I'm fairly sure that even though you put your SoD in your offhand so your mainhand is completely 1he, it doesn't change the AR of the SoD, it just doesn't display it. Which would, of course, explain why you hit 365 times with your axe, and yet only 300 with your SoD.
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

That means I'll have to get SoW
    Dhomer - 216 adv

Why isn't this sticky yet?
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubble
    Why isn't this sticky yet?
    As jayde said, atm, we're sort of at 'sticky capacity'. I think that we can clean up a couple of the stickies, and I've already asked Jayde about it. As soon as I hear back from him, we can clean up some of the stickies that we do have. Until then though, I'll go ahead and sticky this.
    Level 210 Vanguard Kaelien | Current Equipment
    .theAdventurer | AO Bookmarks

Executing Nano Program: Leet Friend.
    Nano program execution error. You fumbled.
    Leet: roxxor
    Attacked by Leet!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy
    BBI Faithful (Levels 25-140): Go0d on RK ofc after 100+. And go0d up until Elysium. After that, in SL you'll need to change to a weapon with higher min damage. They're kind of slow (except on full agg), and although they offer a go0d amount of max damage, they're lacking severely in the specials/min damage department. If you use BBI's, you may want to stay on RK, though it appears they do quite well in SL after 100. Anyone tried CDR+BBI? Available in ql1-200.

Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000 (Levels 41-220): At first glance, this pistol is nothing to get excited over.
    However, it's fast firing power, super fast specials cycle on burst and fling, decent min damage (While in no way great) make this one of the few, better pistol options.
    I have used CDR + BBI for several levels now both in RK and SL. Currently, I'm using a QL128 BBI and my CDR and have had very little trouble in Elysium, the southern parts of Scheol, on RK, or even on alien raids. I do wish that the next available alternative wasn't so damned hard to acquire, however.

WTB a good gun for level 100-140 play... or a pair of QL100 alien pistols.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Just thought I'd add a comment as a melee adv. I used shanks up until AI came out. Currently I use a QL 280 Kyr'Ozch Axe - Type 240 in my primary hand and a QL 268 Kyr'Ozch Axe in my off hand, my dmg output is absolutely amazing compared to when I was using Gelid/shank or shank/shank my 268 axe did better min dmg than my 292 shank and the fact that the axes require so much less MM skill makes them a good choice since you can pretty easily get the MM to dual a 300 axe from your primary hand around 205-210. My dmg output has increased significantly since switching due to an increased min dmg and more consistent specials. The downside is that type 240 upgrades are just pretty damned rare, have to dump a sizeable chunk of change on forums or luck out on some raids to get a hold of one.

Thanks a lot Gothy. You're the first person to come up with a decent guide on pistols! In fact, I'll be using this not just for my baby pistolero adv, but also for my engie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast