Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Viable Weapons (and other Options)

Viable Weapons (and other Options)

Viable and Decent Options

Melee

(Premium) Ritual Krys Knife (Levels 1-35): Only requiring a user to have 1 point in each skill to equip, well worth it for lower levels. Comes in ql 1-200 but going for anything but ql200 is a bit silly.

Kinetic Axe (Levels 1-20): This is a nifty little weapon that rivals the Ritual Knife. Personally, on my lowbie melee adv alt, I use both. They're really quite nifty, with great min and max damage, and speed. The ql25 (only goes up to ql25 :\) adds 10 melee init which is swell at low levels.

Phase Blade (Levels 35-80): Similar to the Frozen Tear of Uklesh, but after 80ish you might want to seek elsewhere.

Frozen Tear of Uklesh (35?-100): Hearing it has a very low droprate, but if aquired it should keep you set for a while. Drops in Temple of the Three Winds.

Sol Fire Executioners (Type F example) (whichever type, Levels 1-125): Comes in ql 1-200, but I'd suggest turning to something else after 90ish.

Daitos (Swift Meibutsu Daito of Heart and Fist example) (same levels for the Sol Fires, I think): Fairly low minimum damage, but excellent max damage. Go0d on RK, and maybe in certain SL situations. Feedback suggests my speculations were correct. These are pretty nifty in situations not involving minimum damage mobs.

Chiroptera (Levels 100 to maybe even 200): Great little weapon in both pvp and pvm. Comes in ql 100-105 with appropriate changes to damage, etc. Has nice minimum damage and max damage, decent attack/recharge, and every melee special. Overall a great choice. Crypt of the Home Drop.

Impious Dominator (Levels 125-200, and maybe even more): Personally I've never seen one of these drop and if it drops from Hezak, it's probably got a less than impressive drop rate. Drops in IS, so can only be aquired after 125+. Lo0ks pretty decent, but no specials.

Icebound Heart (125-200): Go0d enough to tide you over until you aquire Gelids. IS drop.

Gelid Blade of Inobak (Levels 125-205): The "Better" version of the Icebound Heart. Really nifty sword, nice damage, 8% chance nuke, and fast attack as a special. IS drop.

Shank of Maze (Levels 100-220): Heard both go0d and bad things about this weapon. Available in ql's 1-300. Some say not worth it until 200+, others could beg to differ. They have nice min and max, go0d specials, and a decent attack/recharge.

Sword of Dusk/Dawn (melee energy, Levels 210+): While the level requirement only states 200, you need pand access and a nice big raid group, it's a Beast drop for the hilt and you need the respective seed from The Night Heart. Not to mention that to make this weapon fairly go0d, you'd need a lot more skill than just meeting the requirement.

Sword of Curiosity/Wonder (150ish-200+): Curiosity goes from 240-259, and Wonder is 260. Pretty decent PvP sword and pretty nice for lucky lower levels, and really great on RK with such high max damage.

Scimitar of Spetses (Levels 175+): The ql260 is Sparkling, and reallly sweet. Comes in qls 240-259, then comes Sparkling. It's a really sweet sword. Fast, higher max damage than SoC/W (less MBS though), and the 260 adds 60 to all evades, and the 240 adds 15. I think this sword is really swell.

Kyr'Ozch Axe (Type 240 upgrade) (Levels 175+): In qls 1-300, and while it's debatable, it's probably best utilized in higher ranges (and has pretty steep requirements.) Nice damage mods, quick, and has every melee special. Overall go0d pvm/pvp option.

Ranged

Chimera Pistol (1-20ish): The SL pistol the user builds if I'm not mistaken. Lo0ks pretty nifty for lowbies, and is pretty useful until you can get your hands on some higher ql, better weapons. How to get it

Joint Clans Scout Pistol (Levels 1-40): Available in qls 1-200, but after about ql 50-70ish not really worth continuing. Only one special, flingshot..and we all know how great it is .

The Original Electronicum (1-40): Personally I would never put this on; though on RK, maybe for a little while, you might care to use it. No specials, pathetic minimum, but decent max/crit for it's level. Available in ql1-200.

BBI Faithful (Levels 25-140): Go0d on RK ofc after 100+. And go0d up until Elysium. After that, in SL you'll need to change to a weapon with higher min damage. They're kind of slow (except on full agg), and although they offer a go0d amount of max damage, they're lacking severely in the specials/min damage department. If you use BBI's, you may want to stay on RK, though it appears they do quite well in SL after 100. Anyone tried CDR+BBI? Available in ql1-200.

Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000 (Levels 41-220): At first glance, this pistol is nothing to get excited over.
    However, it's fast firing power, super fast specials cycle on burst and fling, decent min damage (While in no way great) make this one of the few, better pistol options.

Jobe Surveyor/Explorer Personal Pistol (125+): This gun is rather expensive, and has a crappy droprate. However: it is by far the best pistol option available. It offers a very exciting, different special for Adventurers: FullAuto. It is well worth the effort it takes to aquire. While the pistol skill is relatively easy to get, you'll have a hard time reaching the amount of FA necessary to equip it. Great gun in every aspect. JSPP comes in 140-159, and JEPP is 160. JEPP allows the special recycle to hardcap, JSPP does not.

Parasitic Hecataleech(125+): Until better becomes available (or until your AR allows CDR to become better utilized) pairing this IS weapon with either a BBI, PTC, or RHoE on RK should prove to be pretty nifty. In SL, I'd say it loses its worth as so0n as you reach adonis. Then it's time to move to CDR again.

Right Hand of Entropy (125+): Very crappy IS droprate. And highly arguable on whether or not it's an actual viable option. It sports a decent min and max damage rate, but is rather slow, low crit bonus, low MBS, and only one special. Personally, I'd rather stick with CDR. Drops from Hezak in IS, go0dluck.

Reign of Patricia (175+ in certain situations): At one point in time (pre-SL) the ranged adventurer's best weapon. As far as SL goes, it's fairly limited to Adonis, and on RK, in a few situations. On the whole, it's better to stick with JEPP/Alien (CDR). Low minimum damage, super slow, very low MBS, but nice max/crit, and both specials.

Kyr'Ozch Pistol -Type 4 (or even Type 1) (175+): While it's arguable at what level either of these is worth equiping, it's safe to say that at ql300, this gun owns. While I would suggest going for Type 4 (burst) rather than Type 1 (flingshot), you may be swayed to pick the latter due to it being much easier to equip. Both available in qls 1-300. And of course, the Kyr'Ozch pistol may be a better choice than the CDR at 250+ without an upgrade as well.

"Junk" or Weapons No Longer Viable

Melee

Rider Executioner: While this might be okay once or twice, on the most part its pretty much not worth it at all. Not 100% 1HE dependant, super slow, and icky min.

Ranged

Pain of Patricia : At one point in time, pairing this with a Reign of Patricia was a deadly combo. Now, due to its insanely low MBS, slowness, mods, and low min, it's pretty much ignored. RoP is situationally go0d, and definately more favorable than the PoP.

Prelude to Chaos: Very similair to the RHoE, but slower, with a much lower minimum damage. For RHoE fans, this gun probably could hold you off before you get there, but for the most part, it's just not worth it.

Flux Pistol: While once rumored to be a viable option for Adventurers, it's simply not true. Even at ql300 with insane minimum damage, it doesn't get much better than that, with a hit every 8 seconds and a fling every 30. This gun sucks for adventurers, you're better off with a PTC. :P

MTI Grey: Much like the Joint Clans/Electronicum, you might go for this at very low levels. But it's got less min for a higher crit. I'd say stick to the prior mentioned, rather than bother with this gun.

Star Shooter (200+): This gun is downright laughable. No mesh, not dual-wieldable.. really crappy minimum damage, and while it has a nice max and crit, it's slow as hell. Reminds me of a flux pistol. Big time. Not to disregard its high flings (4.4k unbuffed, and 4.4k crits with a ql 299) but they're slow in coming as well: over 30 secs for one. Speed this gun up a lot and it might be worth something.

Lord/Lady of Lust (215+): First and formost, this gun is hard as hell to put on. 2251 pistol requirement is next to impossible for many, many people. It lacks any real damage whatsoever, even if it's 1/1. Fling is yet again the only special. The only thing this pistol is worth is buffing, and even at that it's way to0 much trouble.

Painkiller (200+): This pistol at one point probably had some kind of potential. But once again, lacking in that minimum damage department. It's somewhat like the starsho0ter, but in return for being dual-wieldable it gave up its high crit damage. It's just as slow, with the same special and recharge. Again, just not worth it.

Argent Blaster (200+): Another pistol gone wrong? Yep! Almost a 40 second recharge on burst, crummy regular damage, slow, crummy crit, and atleast a semi-decent MBS. But still..not worth it.

CDR at 200+ will OD every single one of these high end guns available to Pistoleros. This is not speculation: this is proven.

---

Alright, I've finally finished after a couple hours. Open to suggestions, additions, and typo corrections.

UPDATE: Everything seems to be up there and updated..now, wtb sticky ;p

<3

Just wanted to make a note, so that all who passed by that maybe didn't catch on, that currently the amount of melee "options" versus ranged is greater in number, variety, and quality. While melee can atleast get by at all levels, ranged has a very, very hard spot from around 100-175, where they are forced to use less than adequate weapons. If they're lucky, they'll have a JEPP and be using it through half of that dry spell. And while I have *not* tested most of the melee weapons (going mostly on what people have told me and questions I have asked), I have tested every single one of the ranged weapons I've posted.
    Bump for greater options in both, bigger bump for ranged.
    Last edited by Gothy; Nov 7th, 2004 at 10:03:33.
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

o.O I wouldn't call RoP junk myself.

1k hits and 2.5k bursts on Ado Hecks is quite good if you're not tanking.

This is a post I made on our forums a while back:

Natural progression would be from lvl 1 - 220

lvl 1-41) The Original Electronicum * 2
    lvl 1-41) Cheap Joint Clans Scout Pistol * 2
    lvl 41-[you reach 450 ranged init]) CDR if you can get them
    [450 RI] - lvl 175) 2* BBI
    lvl 175) RoP + BBI
    lvl 202) RoP + CDR

Now uber guns are: JSPP/JEPP, Right Hand of Entropy and Alien Pistol - Type 4 (at very high QL only, else CDR is better).

JEPP should always be equipped. Till lvl 175 RHoE would be nice instead of BBI, from 175-202 you'd use JEPP+RoP, from 202 on JEPP + CDR, at 210+ JEPP + Alien Pistol - Type 4 (wet dream combo).

The Original Electronicum: Buy at Jobe Market vendor. v2+v3 are dyna/boss loot only.

JCSP: Buy at vendors/dyna+boss loot --> 20k has them often for sale

CDR: Foreman's Dungeon, Lab Director drop.

BBI: Blitz or get a Trader (or was it Fixer?) to get one from their shop.

RoP: Merc loot (usually free roll you'll win)

JSPP/JEPP: Lurking Dryad (NW Adonis) drop. Or buy.

RHoE: Hezak drop, Inner Sanctum (good luck with that one).

Alien Pistol and Type 4: Ehm guess...

Finally, the other 2 IS guns: Parasitic Hecataleech and Prelude to Chaos aren't good enough to be considered.
    Rimor - Omni - Hater of Neuts - Inactive since ehm... a long time ago

220/19 Scerrifo - Adventurer - "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mikura: And unlike you...I do "get" the agg bar...its simple...you find a heckler...set the agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took you to kill it...find another heckler....change your agg bar...wack it till its dead....see how long it took to kill it...

randomletter: Which advs exactly know more than me and are better than me? (Guide as to why he is the best Adv)

Shanks of maze are good at low level too in SL.

I agree with hubble. The RHoE is a decent gun around my level (167), the only thing i dislike about it is the sucky crit mod.
    The RoP from what i have read and been told is decent also. If BBIs hit adonis hecks fine with projectile damage then ROP will be same/better as it is chem.
    and it and PoP would be fine on RK still surely.

Otherwise, thanks for the effort, nice to see some info.

edit: Not sure if you are aware of this one: good adventurer Pistol guide
    here
    Last edited by fhinn; Nov 1st, 2004 at 16:55:14.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy

"Junk" or Weapons No Longer Viable

Ranged
    Reign of Patricia
    Pain of Patricia
    Prelude to Chaos
    Right Hand of Entropy

Are these genuinely junk, or are they actually just not-quite-as-good as the best possible options? (And therefore classified as "Junk")
    The best things in life are silly

Rizzy Rizae Wu :: Pistolero of Ancarim Iron Legion

Also curious about this:

BBIs (Levels 25-80)
    I thought BBIs were perfectly viable at higher levels than 80? Obviously by around level 150 a pistol Advy would ideally be using something else, but should they be really be classed as not-viable after level 80?
    The best things in life are silly

Rizzy Rizae Wu :: Pistolero of Ancarim Iron Legion

For ET fighting, RoP is still great...at least until you equip that Ql250+ Type 4 pistol.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

I've just started playing my adventurer again (187 since April ) And I'm kind of struggling here. Is a JEPP/JSPP + CDR/AI Pistol really our best damage alternative in SL? (with a recondite bracer + arul)

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

There are some more decent melee weps, The Impious Dominator from Hezak and Phase Blades/Tear of Ulkesh from TotW
    Melee Adv Yunlong, (220/20) -6th Hokage- Equip Can selfcast 220 Dragon, without MP or Trader Pic
    Ranged Adv Yunzu, (143/5) -Lil'Clip- Equip Soloed CDR / equipped Jepp at 107 with no Combined Armor

General of Riders of the Lost Org
    "Like a true nature's child, we were born, born to be wild. We can climb so high, I never wanna die!" - Steppenwolf

the lesser gelids that drop from IS are quite good as well, Icebound hearts. I used a couple before I could get my butt up to gelid.

I'd say ROPs are viable in Adonis, but that is about it.

ROP/JEPP is still decent PVP combo as well.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Thanks for the great suggestions and changes, and I'll be making them shortly to the post.

And as far as my placement of RoP/IS weapons:
    I was sho0ting for general "Everywhere" weapons to place in the viable catagory.
    While there are situations that RoP/IS weapons do okay, they certainly don't do as well as CDR or other such pistols in same situations. But I'll make a compromise and put them in both areas with explanations.
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Xpie
    I've just started playing my adventurer again (187 since April ) And I'm kind of struggling here. Is a JEPP/JSPP + CDR/AI Pistol really our best damage alternative in SL? (with a recondite bracer + arul)
    It's generally our best damage anywhere. :\
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzy
    Also curious about this:

I thought BBIs were perfectly viable at higher levels than 80? Obviously by around level 150 a pistol Advy would ideally be using something else, but should they be really be classed as not-viable after level 80?

My reasoning was that CDR becomes available at 81 and is probably a better choice in most situations. Can you still use BBIs? Of course. They probably are fairly effective until 150ish, but it was my opinion that after you could equip a CDR, you probably would. Noted, and change will be made. ^^
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Is the Enhanced Mantis Scissor dead now? I always sort of liked it.. though it certainly is showing its age these days...
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

My reasoning was that CDR becomes available at 81 and is probably a better choice in most situations. Can you still use BBIs? Of course. They probably are fairly effective until 150ish, but it was my opinion that after you could equip a CDR, you probably would. Noted, and change will be made. ^^
    Available at 81?You can equip them at 41,and thats best thing you can do at that level

Quote Originally Posted by Galician
    Available at 81?You can equip them at 41,and thats best thing you can do at that level

wts typo, tiredness, and laziness to correct.
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

wts typo, tiredness, and laziness to correct.
    Thought so

Bumping just for a sec to let everyone know it's complete.

Please feel free to suggest an addition or make a correction.
    <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Little feedback on the chiroptera's, theres also a ql 105

Ow and if interested, for the melee department:
    for RK: Chiroptera's till u can get Axes/Sword of wonder-curiosity
    for SL: Shanks/Gelids (mostly Gelids, since shank ql 250 has more min dmg then gelid) till u can get Axes really.

Ow yeah almost forgot I equipped a ql 102 chirop without much difficulty @ 82, which is a perfect level to start with them, you can get the 750 multimelee needed for a ql 100 easy, so if u can lay your hands on a 100 (which are pretty rare), you can kick ass with em.
    Last edited by Verdwaald; Nov 2nd, 2004 at 02:39:18.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast