Thread: >> No More Camping <<

Lightbulb >> No More Camping <<

FC keeps telling us this game is supposed to be the end of long hours of camping for one item. When they released AO they said that it was supposed to allow for all players to be able to accomplish things like finding certain items without camping the area for hours.

As of 14.4 the painful Alvin quest was made 10x worse by the fact that Trash King went from 15 minutes to 5 hours to spawn. Previously there was one mob along the quest route that took 1 hour, and that was enough of a pain to camp and try tag and/or kill. Can someone please tell me how waiting 5 hours is supposed to be an improvement? How is this removing camping?

Nugget, Zuwadza, The Director, TIM, Tri-Plumbo are all other mobs with even longer spawn times. FC has adjusted these all so they now (As of 14.2 actually) only drop their unique items some of the time, not always (some did this before 14.2 as well). On top of that are 18 hour waits between spawns of these unique NPCs. So if you manage to actually find one of these mobs, which is the only easy part, you have to spend weeks in that one spot trying to out-kill other players for one item. One item which may not even do much if, as in the case of Trask King, that item is part of a quest.

FC, quests shouldn't be this hard. Play any single player game, and you'll see quests aren't about spending hours staring a hole in your monitor while you just wait for something to appear. Get rid of camping. Every poll that has been taken on this site or any other regarding quests has given you a definative answer FunCom, PLAYERS HATE CAMPING.

And if FC really has to make players sit around and camp, at least make the spawn times reasonable to those players who have a life outside of this game. There should be no spawn on Rubi-ka longer than one (1) hour. Most of the items are unique/nodrop anyway, which means players who have the item wont be hording them or selling them. It just means other players will have their fair chance at it.

This has been suggested one (1) bazillion times by putting the good items on ROAMING mobs with RANDOM spawn points (well random inside a given zone), in which case finding them is the hard part, and maybe actually ends up being a little fun. Then when you find it you can kill it.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Post Grr

Another Thread to suggest ending camping....

Well Here is another BUMP to support it..

Funcom do you not care at all that EVERY SINGLE PERSON in the game is against this camping trend you are forcing on everyone.. You will lose more and more people until it stops.. Please, Please Please get rid of camping.. Some of us have had an extreme amount of patience with your company and Camping makes the patience go away very quickly.. I know for sure that I am running out...

END CAMPING

Sorzella 150 NonoHPmage Nerftechnician

Its not 5 hour spawn time, i personally waited 11 hours yesterday, one of my guildies waited 17. On top of that we got a bunch of bs from a couple ARKs.

This game is slowly turning into everquest, with missions!