Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viral Weapons Upgrading confirmations

Viral Weapons Upgrading confirmations

Trying to confirm all the new weapons that can be made with the viral weapons kits. So far confirmed from one source or another is:

Metaplast mace + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Arctic Metaplast Mace
    BBI AS90 range + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Fanthagrio BBI
    Survival Axe + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Survival Axe of Genevra
    Kevlar Bow + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Sharky's Kevlar Bow
    Plasmaprojector + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Xnemth Plasmaprojector

Now the viral upgrade as far as I am aware lists 107 possible recipes in the tradeskill window but there are a bunch more weapons in the db that might also be using this upgrade:

Kaetans Supernova
    Merren Flamethrower
    Razorback rifle

However by the entries in the db thats a lot more then 107 entries (if you add up all the ranges they change version at), so either I'm missing something, miscalculating or some of these use another part.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    Plasmaprojector + Viral Weapon Upgrade = Xnemth Plasmaprojector
    I picked that up as mission loot
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    I picked that up as mission loot

Aye..its not supposed to be in that Loot table. Been noted allready.

(got 2 myself)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

QL200 Premium Supernova (The AS gun) + Upgrade = Premium Kaetans Supernova
    QL200 Premium Flamethrower + Upgrade = Merren Flamethrower
    QL200 Premium Gargantan Rifle (?) + Upgrade = Razorback
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

What is virral upgrades? I really want a Sharkys bow Who drops it? What is the full name of the item?
    Proud member of .:Nordic Alliance:.
    Centrine 209/11 Solitus Meta-Physicist (Equip)
    Sansao 205/7 Nanomage Engineer (Equip)

So alien upgrades work with RK weapons? I wonder how many...
    ---------------------
    Retired: 211 Soldier
    Active: 17 Froob Soldier for when boredom sets in

Quote Originally Posted by Graan
    So alien upgrades work with RK weapons? I wonder how many...
    The upgrade for the certain RK weapons are called "Viral Weapon Upgrade" (It resembles an Enduring viralbot stim). The "Kyz Ozch - Type <number> upgrade does not work.
    ¤ League of Legends - 68WM1 ¤

My PvP policy: If you can't beat 'em, annoy 'em!

Anyone figure out what determines the ql of the weapon? I'm guessing the base weapon does & then upgrade can be any lvl higher than the weapon. Correct? Does weapon have to be within a certain ql of the upgrade? ^_^
    Kuahji 207 NT (Retired President of UW)
    Neutralguard 220 Solja (Protector of the People)
    Formally Iadpil

RK2 Neutral Orgs
    Why I Love Being Neutral
    AO Links

Weapon determines final QL. I tried using a QL200 upgrade on a QL11 flamethrower and result was a QL11 merren flamethrower.
    Tyrrana - Level 218.17 Enforcer Proud member of Nocturnal Fear - first enforcer to wear Libra's Charming Assistant

where do these upgrades normally drop?
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

typically off Alien generals. Ive seen them ONCE drop off a normal alien mob..but it was low QL. In many many MANY damn alien raids...my guilds only netted 2 of them so far (to my knowledge).

And yes...Weapon QL determins the end weapon QL ..so find the base gun the QL you want..and get a Virral upgrade as close as you can.

It is noted that the Xementh still drops on boss lot tables..I belive this is a big however.

Cheaters way to figure out what weapons can eb upgraded..si what I did. when the patch that came out withthe Virral upgrade came out..I looked at a database dump of it. Was pretty easy for me to recognize the weapons that were upgraded (as ive pretty much kept tabs on damn near every weapon in this game...years of being a armsdealer :P). Only saw maybe...10 or so (if even that) that appeared in that initial patch...but I dont think any more has cropped up.

Did some...extensive testing (2 weeks worth) with a crappload of guns and weapons, all old school stuff..trying to determine if they also were upgradeable. Havent found anything yet other than whats currently listed above.

As for 107 items.....its either a bug in listing how many processes..or ther are intended to be yet more weapons to be upgraded (I certainly hope so). If thats so..I hope they make the droprate on the Virral upgrades a bit better..for the most part the upgraded weapons are ALMOST good at higher QL's. As it is now..they seem tohave some limited uses in certain applications (i.e. the Gold star BBI smg is a very nice rk weapon and pvp casue of fast recharges...but worthless in shadowlands, etc etc).

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

I got me a Xnemth Plasmaprojector from a RK dynaboss, actually.
    Sort Martial Artist 220/15 :: Alienchild Enforcer 212/10 :: Sortcrat Bueraucrat 209/10
    Sortmorph Adventurer 206/06 :: Nipple Nano Technician 202/00 :: Sortmezz Bueraucrat 209/05
    Svik Fixer 193/04 :: Sortenf Enforcer 161/00 :: Sortkeep Keeper 173/05
    Sort2 Martial Artist 143/02 :: Sortmedic Doctor 201/05 :: Nipple2 Nano Technician 167/02
    Sortblaster Soldier 67/00 :: Sortha Shade 43/00 :: Sortmp Meta-Phycisist 31/02
    Sortsnipe Agent 30/02 :: Iscrewbots Engineer 6/01

.:Total Levels Gained:.
    Rubi-Ka: 2383 :: Shadow: 48 :: Alien: 68

Anyone knows what is the original gun that you have to upgrade to get a Premium Dual Razor Disaffiliation Sniper ?
    Last edited by Gridzfix; Dec 14th, 2004 at 02:33:05.
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: No, mswarm
    [Bnet] Snowbunny: You cant petition me for harasment for kicking you from my own bot lol

[Koreteve]: your a dog in the Grid

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx
    As for 107 items.....its either a bug in listing how many processes..or ther are intended to be yet more weapons to be upgraded (I certainly hope so).
    it likely refers to all the actual "items" that it can be used on. for any given weapon there are at least 2 template items in the database, between which QLs are generated by interpolating the stats from the low id to the high id. many storebought, or bossdrop weapons, though, have even more (16+ in some cases) where each range of QLs are given a different name (quality, premium, cast-off, etc..)

so it's just literally referring to the number of item id's it can be used on.

it would be cool, though, if the tradeskill interface weren't so misleading like that :P

same deal as using a "chip mold" in the tradeskill interface. lists being able to be used on 7 items, which are all the spec 4 cyberdecks (nano female/male, opi female/male, soli female/male and atrox each have their own item) when really the number of items it can be used on is 1 (a spec 4 cyberdeck)

knowing this, it may be able to account for those 107 weapons all too easily. it would be way cool if the viral upgrades could be used on some more, more unique, weapons (blood bat maybe? augmented hellfury/spinner? who knows heh)
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Do the 200 kevlar unaltered bows drop as mission loot, boss or dyna ? I hope there not dyna, 98% are already camped post patch.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by Gridzfix
    Anyone knows what is the original gun that you have to upgrade to get a Premium Dual Razor Disaffiliation Sniper ?
    An old favorite of mine (used it on my agent for many levels back in the day) comes to mind.

Premium Disaffiliation Sniper

Blitzable btw
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrish
    Do the 200 kevlar unaltered bows drop as mission loot, boss or dyna ? I hope there not dyna, 98% are already camped post patch.
    The Kevlar Bows are blitzable. Used to be dime-a-dozen, but people hated them for their crappy clip-size.

If you guys take a moment and go do missions (not just blitz. Get some B&E - only need 401 - open all chests and kill all the mobs) you'll find out alot more fun stuff. You'll also earn quite a bit of cash from it, without having to KS others on a 1% droprate item in SL.

RK can be a goldmine if you see beyond the "ubah xp/ingots" that seems to narrow people's vision like they were drinking heavily or something.
    Chak - Back in the fold, completely clueless.

Rahmorak - I saw the events of 9/11 (or 11/9 for the rest of us ) unfold whilst playing AO, an experience shared across countries and nationalities. It was a moment where we saw the best (people all overthe world coming together in shock, grief and support) and the worst (e.g. cries of 'lets nuke <insert country>'), but it was a moment that would not have been possible but for the world of the internet and MMOs.
    In this medium we transcend boundaries, in here it matters not what the colour of your skin is, the religion to which you do or don't belong, whether you are 15 or 50, and whether or not you have a crippling disability. It is a nation of its own, where everyone starts out on equal terms and can forge friendships without superficial, cultural and nationlistic barriers.

Hehehe
    And yes indeed the loot can be great of missions + u get a token too! when completing the miss.
    Check your ego at the door!
    -----------------------------------
    Noxama 220/21 Adventurer Proud General of Valhall Guardians.
    Chacotay 220/22 Soldier Member of Valhall Guardians.
    Renex 214/15 Adventurer Member of Valhall Guardians. Setup @lvl 190http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=31323
    Diventh 190/8 Member of Valhall Guardians
    Chacalise 155/12 Member of Valhall Guardians Pvp twink.
    Chacpain 121/9 SC of Valhall Guardians pvp twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxama
    Hehehe
    And yes indeed the loot can be great of missions + u get a token too! when completing the miss.

Now now dont scare them too much...they might blow a fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chak
    An old favorite of mine (used it on my agent for many levels back in the day) comes to mind.

Premium Disaffiliation Sniper

Blitzable btw
    Doesnt work. Tested.
    Killer 66% Achiever 46% Socializer 46% Explorer 40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast