Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RETHINK THE PvP LVL 75 FREE-FOR-ALL

war

Not to break your train of people wholeheartedly agreeing... but...

How exactly does putting a level limit on who you can kill in a war zone happen? Some side effect of breathing suppression gas 24/7?

While I agree with many of you, PvP generally sucks because it is very very rare to get a fair fight... I don't think it is supposed to be fair. The whole basis of this world is the underlying war between Omni and the Clans, right? So allow the unfair stucture of war to prevail.

No level limits at all in 25% zones... and for that matter... stop catering to the people who are only into fighting when they have the drop on someone. Places like MMD with a 25% area that you can lurk along... and pounce through at your own whim? Make the border slightly unstable...

And then, much more importantly... fix all the little loopholes that allow full time PvPers to bypass the way things are supposed to work. Preventing nano runs while falling was a good start... now look into nano's overriding other profession nano's that are in the 'same' line... but don't do the same thing... ie soldier reflect fields overriding/preventing a run of nullity sphere... roots being easily broken with a debuff... etc.

None of this will bring 'fairness' into pvp, but at least it will make battles a matter of skill and character preparation... instead of something most honest players come out of with disgust.

Also, most people should realize (and if not, i'm about to tell you ) that limiting level range in pvp only restricts battle one on one... which is arena-style dueling... in two or three on one, you'll find very few people who last long enough to do serious damage to anyone. This is why most battle type events get avoided like the plague. A team sitting at a whompa or grid point can defend as people come out of grace period... and usually have them dead before they get out of loadup lag. Even if the incoming people know who to target when they arrive and strike immediately, the defenders will kill enough of them before they are coordinated enough and will have the strength to survive the remaining attackers.

-------------------

Of course, I'm probably not one to be talking excessively about pvp because, as an NT, my chances of surviving a fight are slim to none... unless i'm attacking a grey level 75... of course, that'll get me yelled at as a ganking *fill in the blank* and within a few minutes someone high level will show up to slaughter me.

Just giving my two cents...

------------

Jaesic
    151 NT (RK2)

pvp level restriction

I personally think that any level restriction in pvp sux, but then again I spent a good deal of my life on a pvp server only so I'm probably not the best one to comment on this.

PvP should be level restricted in arenas only - but then again arenas should be duelling only.

PvP zones should be survival of the fittest. War is not fair and we are after all in war (at least that whats the story says ). That would also give all the bored player an edge to the game.

brain? what? zug zug.

Now that I think about it, i'v been to many 25% gas zones, and not once have I seen anyone. I really do mean anyone. Only random NPCs.

Well, i'm not really for level restrictions. This is war we are dealing with. However, it is not cool that some high level person can beat down on someone so much smaller leveled. In movies, and somtimes games, the lower level person will get the snot beat out of them by a higher level guy (tougher, stronger, whatever), but sometimes near the end, the lower level guy will do some fancy shoo-bakaness and end up wooping the higher level guy. Getting stronger all the sudden, the sudden rush of addrenaline makes them really tuff, notices a very very weak spot on his opponent and uses it to his advantage, uses his enviorment, that sort of thing. Perhaps there's something that can be implamented to give the lower leveled guy a chance. As it is, a level 75 engi against a level 144 soldier has NO chance of winning. Nothing in the current situation will raise the chances of his sucess. All arrows point to 0% chance of winning. What we need is something that changes that percent. How high? not high, since he didn't train to get this, but it should be enough to at least give him a chance. Or perhaps an excape route. He doesn't have to win, just live.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

There's a reason a lvl 75 can't beat a lvl 151. It's not supposed to be done that way. I know I'll get bashed on the thread now, because some of you people prolly did just this. But that's beside my point.

I used to be a hardcore player, over 15 hours per day at a point.
    Now life, work and family forces me to about 15 hours a week. I don't have the time to twink anymore, so there's no chance I can compete with anyone of higher level, which I feel is sad. It be fun if I could just drop by MMD and have a laugh if I felt like it.

Someone mentioned that the pvp gap should encourage leveling passt 75 to stay alive. I say it wont. 75 to 150 that's alot of time I could spend on more interesting aspects of the game, not to mention the friends I still have online. Not spend it inside non-stop team missions to gain some levels, just to avoid getting ganked.

One more thing, directed at you people telling us lvl 100 and under 'noobs' to stay away if we don't want to be killed. If we were to do that, and we probably will if we get ganked enough, the pvp zones would become very empty. You wouldn't find that slightly boring would you? Just being able to see all the same faces all the time, never any new blood. I can tell you right now that if that's the attitude you get at higher levels, I'll just stay where I am. But I suppose it's an age thing as well, sometimes I get the feeling that the higher in levels, the younger the crowd gets. Kids and the unemployed have the time to devote to get to lvl 200. I don't.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Originally posted by Mor

I think everyone should have the chance to PvP. So avoiding 25% or less zones till level 150 is to much. People should not be forced to stop PvPing at 75. So... if you and someone else can both gain exp in a team, you should be able to kill that person.
    You don't have to stop pvping at level 75, you can pvp from level 1 - 200, BUT if you're in the 75-150 group you need to keep a lower profile in a pvp arena. And this is not a problem or an issue at all.

You don't have to avoid all 25% zones, but you should be aware of the danger that you face when you go in there.

For instance last night I went to 2ho with my trader alt (131 atm) and usually I go from 10-3 and into 2ho. But since noone had camped 2ho for hours (I regulary go to the shop in 2ho, to find some Carbonum Sheets) and when I got in there was a lot of clan there. But I knew that I could get to the shop from the grid and I tried it. I got there when I had 2 seconds left of grace but the damn shop didn't let me in, so I was killed outside. (Hadn't scanned, but since I was in a yalm, they have to look hard to be able to loot me ).

Well I tried and failed. I was defenseless, got rooted by the doorstep and well I ran back to the zone shouted once what I thought of those cowardly people and went into the store, safe and sound. Those 3 (maybe more) didn't get a point from me, but were 'terrorizing' 2ho. Which they can and did, no biggie. I knew what I might face when I entered, just annoying that the place was so lagged that I couldn't enter while in grace.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123