Thread: Is there any hope left?

Is there any hope left?

I'm an old AO player who came back a couple months ago and placed my then main(86 enf) on the sidelines after royally screwing him up with newbie-like stupidity because of my 2 year or so leave of absence.

When I came back, I was a 2hb user, happily hitting for 1500 on the high end. Someone told me that 2hb enforcers were crap, and I believed them, so I set about using all my IP resets to make myself 2he. In my newbiness, I raised 2he and parry, but no other melee skills. I still have brawl raised, and a 150 or so dimach. My implants are crud, my 2he skill is about 660 buffed. I don't have enough IP left to do anything with. I need to find a decent weapon that I can actually use so I can get to 100 and get a few more IP resets to fix myself. Any suggestions on a good 2he weapon that uses nothing but 2he, brawl, low dimach, and parry?

Well, since you are over lvl 60 and cant get some easy weps from ToTw you gotta go with KyrO weps a litle while but I think but I could advice you to get a Corpse cutter for you`r current lvl, it aint to expencive atm I think
    .. but when you reach 125 you should go to Innersanctum and get a Frost-bound reaper, further on its QB EQB and KyrOczh swords that works. =)

Miss"Elirena"Lifetapper
    TL5 Shade. ::Equip::
    Immortal "Loopicks" Grandi Rookie 210 enf ::Equip
    Proud Unit Member of Ragnarok

Tsunayoshi Smith probably has a weapon with the skills you need.

But...

To be honest if I was me I think I'd re-roll especially if you have AI. While there is no problem really that you can level out of its always nice to have a fresh start especially afetr so much content has been added.

With the advent of aliens weapons all of the weapon lines Enfs have access to have become very viable from 1-200+ don't ever let anyone call you a gimp again. If they do just you call me
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

If you wasted 8 ipr before lvl100 I'd suggest a reroll. Remember the higher you take him the more you're going to wish you had those ipr incase of a royal nerf in the future.

XP'n is wayyyyyyyyyyyy easier nowdays for pre lvl200. And that person who told you 2hb enf are crap never ran into a 135enf using a 220 maul.

Yeh 2hb is not crap and with the new AI weaps they are even better. From what ive seen on the AI hammers are a nice fast attack and recharge speed.
    Atlantean
    Sir Ryan-LV36 Enforcer
    RebelFixer-LV38 Fixer
    Killermp2-LV84 Metaphysicist-Retired
    MercurySnipe-LV19 Agent- Retired

Don't Panic!

No need to reroll.
    Try to get a kyr'Ozch sword which u can wield. I assume you'r familier with the buffs to get so u can equip a decent ql.
    Then u just have to fish for a team at port 7 in ely and explain that you probly won't be the top dmg dealer in the team and that you've done a IPR.

In a few hours, you've probably earned a couple of levels and you should be able to raise the skill you need to equip a Pained Panther(PP).

When u reach lvl 125 make a visit to Inner Sanctum where you can get the Frost bound-reaper (FBR)

I myself have never used a single IPR and then i have 4 title 6 characters.
    In my belive, leveling is the cure for IP shortage
    At lvl 162 you'll be title capped in the greenkills (if u have maxed them every lvl that is ) and in just a few lvl from 162 u'll start to get capped in other skills aswell. Remember that you will be title capped untill lvl 190 (title 6).
    Now is the time to raise the skills for your secondary weapons and other skills that you've left behind.

GL hunting those lvls

personally, i'd reroll too. or just add a second enf, if you're loath to delete this one. you'll have a blast leveling to 86 again; a complete newb in my org rerolled his engi and hit level 80 in a week of hard, but not insanely hard play.

2he is considered the easy way to go, and unfortunately the best weapons for your level indeed drop in temple. and if you reroll you get a shot at max 3 alien levels before you even leave backyard; they can help a lot

alien swords aren't all that great at your level. pained panther would be rather impressive to get on in a "couple of levels", as it requires 1001 2he, 501 fast attack and i don't remember how much brawl

main thing is you'll be missing a lot of the new content if you don't start fresh, and if you do, you'll have the chance to build a 'clean toon', with no mistakes and no frustrations
    Serendipity "Crumple" Arnall
    serendipity • \seh-run-DIP-uh-tee\ • noun
    : the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for; also : an instance of this

Bringing A Hammer To A Gun Fight
    mah crap gear

reroll
    relearn how to be an enf
    re have fun

Well, the main thing keeping me from rerolling is the 380ish tokens on my nifty little board. The second I hit level 100, I should be able to upgrade that sucker, and lord knows we need the extra nano points from it. In fact, those nanopoints probaby offset the IP wasted that I won't be able to get back.

Is there an easier way to get tokens, or will I just have to bear tons of missions if I reroll?

You could buy token guns (ppl sell them in bags 3-5m)
    At lvl 100 you'll get 4 token and you need 12 rifles to complet the quest and get a token reward.
    To reach 380 tokens again u'll need 95 tokens which is ~55 bags and that will cost you ~165-275m depending on the sellers price.
    If u wanna farm the rifles yourself the mobs who droppes the rifle varies from 150-200 and they usually stands in clusters.

edit:

About the reroll part.
    If u have ip's spent in skills which you figure you won't be needing later in the game .. swimming.. vehicle ground ...sharp obj..mech engineering.. and so on. and u can't reset them becouse you'r out of IPR's. Then you should concider rerolling.
    If u have spent ip's in meele fighting skills which you'r not using right now or have spent some ip's in raising Range weaponskills(There'r good buffing weapons out there) don't worrie you'll see that in the end it was a good investment
    Last edited by Revoken; Oct 20th, 2004 at 23:49:00.