Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Solo leveling areas

Kiting missions is deffently worth it.

On my Nt back in my young days. Thats like lvl 50ish. I started to kite missions simply because I had a hard time both finding a team and I lacked of time to much RL stuff to do. So missions were a nice thing to do, kite a few missions get your token and reward and loot all corpes. At lvl 105 I had my 1k board and never had to xfer creds to my Nt of the simple reason, I gained loads of monney from loot and rewards. got 50 lvl's and 1k tokens in well 3*9 missions a day some times more. So roughly a week.
    Later more specific at lvl 200 i started to kite again, I gained my 1750 tokens in 3 days and about 20 mill creds.

Phew 1750 tokens I felt I was about to have the "tunnel injury" but never the less, I wanted the 2500 board badly. And what does 750 tokens mean when you just 750

so at tl6 I gained my last 1500 tokens in hang on now. 7 days. and another bounch of creds, I dont have an exact number of it this time cuz i started buying stuff, but id say about 35 mill from loot again and rewards.

But last piece of advice pull green missions simply becasue you dont want mobs that require 60 AoE's on them, the green mobs at lvl 200 only took a maximum of 13 nukes, tho hellhounds took alot longer to kill.

I did some token farming on my soldier aswell at her 190's I gained 3 lvl's in a day with missions I'd say thats pretty fair for 4 hours of work, besides all the lovely tokens I gained.

So to sum it all up, kiting missions is really worth it, XP, creds, tokens can it be any better?
    Last edited by snoozchild; Dec 14th, 2005 at 17:44:26.

I really wonder how you kite missions? I have read up on it and asked many 200+ NT's about the solution and they all say 'take them all to a big room.' etc..

Just about every mission I pull is closed in and most mobs kill me while running back and forth trying to gather all the mobs up in one room to kite.

Curious how do you do it ? Masta said it was a plethora of exp to gain there, and frankly I dont like ely kiting because i dont want to get in the way of other folks. Now days outside RK camps are being 'camped' by fr00bs lol.

Well when i was doing my 1k token board i used to run around mission gathering 4-5 mobs brought them to a nice room with space to kite, calmed them there and proceed till have a nice room with 20 or so mobs

hmmm you pulled 40%? I find it hard to calm anything high im lv 101 now and using empowered bewilder that sl one..perhaps i need a better one?

That's your problem...the new SL calms land very well, but they have a very short duration.

Project calm lasts nearly twice as long and is easier to cast.
    Discourage involvement is a bit harder to cast, but lasts nearly 5 times as long.

Just because you have a hammer, it doesn't mean all problems are nails.
    Last edited by Keldros; Dec 22nd, 2005 at 05:00:04.

ah..kk what should i be using? for good results?

updated my post while you were reponding ^^

ill give it a try..

1. ill try to calm everything till i find a large room.
    2. start pulling everything there and mez them
    3. then kite
    4. rinse/repeat

hope it works thanks ^_^

If it wasn't for the token board, I wouldn't kite missions. It's so much fun exploring the scenery. Going around to places where you hardly meet any soul. Trying to find THE spot. It's a bit like the surfer spirit.

My spots (and the level I had when I kited them) so far :

1-10 [ICC Shuttleport] Beach Area / Aliumz Spiders

5-10 [Newland] Lots of mobs west of city

10-20 [Subway] Foreman Strikers (Boots of infinite speed!!) / Spiders

20-24 [Subway] The long corridor in deep subway (if there is no other player)

20-30 [Greater Tir County] Bot Mountain

20-40 [Newland Desert] Rhinoman around the Oasis

20-40 [Newland Desert] Rhinoman Cockpit

30-40 [Totw] Big Room. Get Fire protection and make sure noone else is there.

30-60 [Lush Fields] Northern and Southern Mines, west from resort

40-50 [Greater Tir County] Rhinoman village WNW of Totw

40-70 [20K] Lots of villages with diverse ql. Best is shades to the SE behind river.

60-75 [Elysium] The temple east of Stormshelter. Pull the mobs into the open (away from other players)

60-75 [Elysium] Acme. Hundreds of those medusa-like mobs waiting to be nuked.

75-80 [Elysium] Passage to Scheol. Pull the mobs into the open (away from other players)

80-now [Scheol] Under the bridge of Temple Bog

As for the Hecks : I tried Ely Hecks at 80 with Isotope Waves. It takes a bit of time but gives awesome xp. Nevertheless it is boring as hell running around in shallow water.

And yes, I know there is a sticky thread
    Last edited by keta; Mar 8th, 2006 at 17:54:10.
    "The bureaucratic mentality is the only constant in the universe." Dr. Leonard 'Bones' McCoy

as old as this thread may be....

i was looking through it, and tehre was a spot every has either forgot about, or never noticed...

That spot is...

Ripwell in ely. as far away as it seems, there are usually never people there, and granted there might not be as many hecks there as other spots, its still uncamped and heckler exp.

Where are the snakes in belias? I cant seem to find them?
    anyone with a location would be great!

TY

Funcom decided to eliminate several of the major RK kiting spots a long time ago. The vast majority of the snakes were removed, so you're not likely to do any better than kiting a dynacamp. (Just about the only place that still has such a high mob density is NE Newland Desert, but all those are in the low-mid TL2 range.)

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Funcom decided to eliminate several of the major RK kiting spots a long time ago. The vast majority of the snakes were removed, so you're not likely to do any better than kiting a dynacamp. (Just about the only place that still has such a high mob density is NE Newland Desert, but all those are in the low-mid TL2 range.)
    there should still be sand demons... in PW. all the way out to the far east zoneborder, in the southeastern corner. look around the ai city blocks especially, they like to congregate on the edges for some reason. anyhow just do some looking. they're level 110-125 or around there, if the spawn hasn't been nerfed down yet. been a while.

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

update?

its been a while since last post..

but, is there some updated list of solo-leveling areas?

1 - ~150 is pretty clear, but what for 150+ ?

Beyond that point it's not really viable to level solo anymore.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

you can kite hecks until they go grey

about level 203ish

people will hate you though

At 150 pen spirit palace / pen spirit room

Once you get to inf, spirit room. Inf spirits still give one level per kite at about lvl 180.

Not that I urge anyone to kite but sometimes getting a team as NT isn't that easy.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

I just rolled a NT two days ago, and im been having a blast. Took me like a cuple of tries, but now im kiting like a yoyo.

1 - 10 Jobe Research.
    10 - 20 Subway strikers and such.
    20 - 30 SW Mines (+ all research lvl1 done) RS buffs are welcome.

And dudus, i'm loving it very much.
    220 adv rk2
    and so on..

Somebody shoot him.

And burn his body.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast