Thread: Enough with the 17-I Scooplets

Enough with the 17-I Scooplets

Ok, so I choose a mission 3-4 pixels to the right of 50%.

First room - 3 dark orange scooplets. Not only do I get killed the first time through, they yield no XPs.

Come on! Fix the Omni attack Omni bug in missions, or TAKE THEM OUT OF THE MISSIONS.

This bug has been with us for 3 patches now?

GET ON WITH IT.

Tim

Sorry

Sorry, Cz, etc. I'm just upset at these bugs that have been with us for 3 or more client patches. I hate seeing new functionality added to the game when there are so many basic bugs that need attention.

You're not losing customers not only because you lack content - you're losing customers due to the bugs that don't get fixed.

Tim

Angry

Absolutely!

Do you need proof of this Funcom? Do you need someone to prove to you that you are losing customers for just this reason?

Well here's your proof. I have been playing for 3 months.

Today I was trying to run some mission, because everyone knows you have to for money. I kept getting jumped by these scooplets that I couldn't hit, couldn't target, and couldn't see. Hmm... Seems like this has been going on for quite a while. Too long for me.

Between that and all the other crap I have had to deal with with your game, I quit. I am done. No more money from me. You can take your game and stick it sideways Funcom.

I am not your beta tester!

Oh, out of curiousity. How in the world do some of these bugs EVER make it past QA? You do have a QA department don't you?

Get a clue. And welcome to a free market economy. I hear DAoC is fun.

Mistress Jade

I hate this bug too.

Damm pissed it with it.

Teach u one simple work around for the time being....

It's called: "Delete Mission"

Really.. if u enter a mission and see such mobs.. no point wasting your time further.

at first, it was omni mobs showing up in omni missions. no biggie. They didn't attack you (if you didn't attack them).

Then, due to exploits, they made it so that same-aligned mobs do not give you xp. no biggie, they didn't attack you (if you didn't attack them).

Then, due to some incomprehensable reason, they made it so that all mobs aggro in mission (rather than just eliminating omni mobs from omni-missions). Big biggie. aggro means that we have to kill them. no xp means we just wasted time (the biggest resource of all!).

BooYah!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

I forgot to mention one thing.

If your objective is to get a token.... it might still be worth doing the mission even if they are filled with these bugged mobs.

I've found that they count towards getting a token.

The green ones are easy to kill and gives a decent amount of $$$. Plus I think they drop lots of NF instruction discs nowadays.

Yeah, this among other things...

If I encounter these buggers in missions, I delete the mission and return to my favorite Omni mission terminal for another go. Unless it's for a decent prize, of course.

I also delete a mission if it has too many human mobs in it. I use the --> chaos option in the mission slider, to encourage non-human mobs, but sometimes that doesn't work at all.

Much time is wasted when I arrive at a mission only to find I'll have to go through hell to complete it. Much easier to delete and try again. But this SHOULDN'T be the case.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Maybe Scooplets arnt a glitch

Maybe these dumbasses really intended to have them around.

I remebered the reason they made all mission mobs aggro!

People were intentionally getting missions chock full of scooplets. Mission running made easy: Mobs no attackie!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

FIX IT.

And fix the human AC's while you're at it. I do 180-250 dmg average to a creature. I do 75 damage average to a human. They give more or less the same xp, bang for my buckwise. I delete missions with humans in it. I delete missions with these idiotic scooplets in them.

So..... I'm having to play the game in a way you didn't intend in order to enjoy it.

Please address this.

-Nietya

hmm.. didnt take em this long to fix the dogs - seems to be part of a pattern of old bugs coming back.

i really just start to wonder sometimes if new patches dont roll off the changes from previous ones - there have been quite a few things that were fixed, only to pop up again 2 or 3 patches down the road..

Question hm...

Problem with scooplets?
    Im a fixer, and tough mobs is a problem for me, even yellow.
    But if something makes me smile, its in fact scooplets, diglets and shovelets in missions. Why? Simply because they are easy to kill(no healing, no nanocasting, same damage all the time without crits or brawl or burst or other ****), and they give me good xp too. I cant handle 2 hunters, but i can for sure handle 2 shovelets! And i can even handle 2 diglets with some HoT and buffs
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

why not make it so omni-personnell do not get omni-alligned monsters (or NPC's)in missions, and clan-people do not get clan-alligned monsters (or NPC's) in missions?

just a thought....

Talking it might just be omni

I've never encountered Clan people in my missions. Maybe its an omni bug?

Talking or maybe..

Or maybe its just the omnis bugging?

Something you can try

Here is something you an try to help yourself avoid scooplets.

Set your mission settings to full order. That should reduce the number of missions you get with non-human mobs. Of course, this will increase the number of human mobs in missions, and human mobs tend to be tougher per level than non-humans.

This way, you don't have to worry yourself with scooplets.

Here is a thought.

If Funcom can't seem to be able to list all the changes in the patch notes, how are they testing them? I mean what instructions are they giving to their internal testers about what to check.

Another thought:

Why can't we ever get an ETA on a change or fix? I'm a programmer and I always have to state an LOE (Level of Effort), which is the number of hours a change will take to code. Admittedly the LOEs are vague sometimes because you can never anticipate all the things that can go wrong, but I still give them a ball park estimate. If I say I'll add a new feature, my clients will know weather to expect it in a few days to in a few months.

The only answers I can come up with to these quest would mean that AO has a very rocky future ahead of it. I so hope I'm wrong.

Re: hm...

Originally posted by Teknolord
    Problem with scooplets?
    Im a fixer, and tough mobs is a problem for me, even yellow.
    But if something makes me smile, its in fact scooplets, diglets and shovelets in missions. Why? Simply because they are easy to kill(no healing, no nanocasting, same damage all the time without crits or brawl or burst or other ****), and they give me good xp too. I cant handle 2 hunters, but i can for sure handle 2 shovelets! And i can even handle 2 diglets with some HoT and buffs
    When Scooplets, Diglets and Shovelets appear in OMNI missions, there is a problem.

Yes, they're easy to kill. But Omnis don't get experience for them. And thus, a waste of time.

So that's the point of this thread.

If you're clan or perhaps neutral, this will mean nothing to you.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

all righty then..

Thought they would be monsters, and thus give xp regardless of alignment...