Thread: New idea for mission chests

Post New idea for mission chests

Well I'm pretty sure some of you are tired of ninja's taking those chests before anyone else has a chance of opening them, or those that would open chest during the middle of a fight. Here is my simple soultion to the problem. When a team frist enters the mission assign everyone a color red, blue, ect... and then randomly assign a color to each chest. The leader may have the option to turn off color looting which means anyone could loot any color, but if turned on You may only open chests that are your color, thus solving alot of the greed problems we are seeing in game.

wow

This is one of the better ideas ive heard in a long time - 2 thumbs up. This would a fantastic and very much needed improvment.

why not rather mark or "light up" the chests that the single person can (try) to open. Getting blue and red and orange chests might seem a bit wierd...

only problem I see with this is the char that hasn't put anything into B & E. What does he do to open a chest that only he can open? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea you have. I just think everything isnt that easy.
    "Haxamon"
    lvl 200 Crat

"Bludmusik"
    lvl 81 Adventurer

"Boottodahead"
    lvl 58 Fixer

"Stopgap"
    lvl 70 Enforcer

"Opposite"
    lvl 54 MA

Whan we (a friend and I) group with others...we set the loot chest in alpha...

ok you have to remember who opened the last chest to know whose turn it is, but now i used to write it on a paper to know it..

and when someone as not as much in B&E some1 (the one has the best) has the task to open them and let the person see what's in....

they can take what s in but we are supposed to be honnest and it works.....

Ok seems like a missed a small point about the B&E, but a simple solution would be from the frist time u try to open a chest and fail a timer starts after X min passes by the chest goes into maybe another color or marking then its up for grabs by anyone that wants to open it or there is a option to pass looting or switch colors. The way I see is that those that don't have B&E high enough are not gonna be able to open the chest anyways and usually those with higher B&E would be ones doing all looting, with this method at lease you have a chance to open a chest or two. If you are in a group u can trust then why turn on this option in the frist place just have one person with the best B&E skills to open all the chests and post the item and see who wants it. I know this may not be the best and well though out idea but I'm just throwing some ideas into the air and hopes people can give some new insight to the current looting problems in the game.

PS: This looting method would be best for groups of people your unfamilar with, if you have your good friend that u could trust by all means turn the speical looting method off.

HAHA you're giving funcom too much work to do, plus that might screw up the game. What's so important about the chests anyways. I don't find anything in them useful. And no one buys anything on shop anymore so what's the point. Just don't team with idiots and you should be fine. If they aren't sharing loot boot em.

How about a message which pops up for all to see when you open a chest - eg

Seraphicus loots chest

something simple like that just so eveyone can see who is doing the looting

Originally posted by Thargoth
    why not rather mark or "light up" the chests that the single person can (try) to open. Getting blue and red and orange chests might seem a bit wierd...
    You don't think it's wierd that you're finding a chest in a mission that's set thousands of years in the future?

I think if we can handle that, we can handle blue or red or purple chests as well. :P

Good idea.

That said, this should be an option. Most teams I'm in don't give a damn about looting chests or corpses. We are there for getting xp as fast as we can. For the one or two poor people, it's nice to leave them everything to loot and sell. Or the timer could work as well.

And if a person doesn't have the B&E then who cares? Why should that person deserve anything in that locked chest?

Geee in the groups i am in no one sticks around long enough to open chests so i hit alot of em up. I have 600+ b&E which makes em easy to open. I just notify group if there is a bracer and at end of mission while someone is showing boss loot i show all the chest loot worth noting.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Put a bomb in ever chest. Make the bomb go off whenever it is opened. Disallow disarming of said bomb.....

...and then make an "insane rollerrat" (not a "frightened" one) that does area damage pop out of all of them...

...and then make it so that opening a chest roots everyone in place for 10 minutes and puts bananas in their hands...

...and then make it so that the only loot you find in a chest is a food item...

...and put all the good loot on the insane rollerrat (who's armed with a nova flow, low light scope, Decraniums Rat Special MK2000 armor, ability to complete heal, and rat reflection shield (reflects 99%) and has 5,000,000,000 HP )...

There! No more problems with ninja looters & chests....
    Last edited by Naraya; Aug 1st, 2002 at 01:21:03.
    .: Naraya :.