Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After all ave read...

Originally posted by Infamine
    Xzibi7 u know me i use 100% reflec only for mobs and duels.
    Also Soldier got titles because of the dmg from alpha thats about it.
    I understand that Infamine. My point is that how would you like to be another class, get challenged to a duel, and know that your opponent will be immune to your damage for 1:20. I agree with Nugget that nerfing bracers is the best way to fix several balance issues in pvp. There is no way to balance pvp in situations when one person is getting attacked by 4 others.

If they do take bracers out I got an idea for soldier love. Change the 2 minute nano shutdown on TMS to a cool down like the cool down on agent crit buffs. When I crit someone with TMS and no bracers I hit for about 300ish. If a soldier can use OMHH under a 75% TMS, they will actually probably be better healers than MA's when comparing the amount of damage taken to healing ability. It would also fix your root problem when you have TMS up. OMHH isn't that great, but if your only getting critted for 300 and can heal for 200-300 compare it to me getting critted for 1100 every few shots and being able to heal for 800 average every 8.3 sec.

What do you soldiers think of my idea. I understand that currently not many soldiers use OMHH, but if this was implemented do you think it would be worth the IP? Also please don't think me to be a soldier hater. I'm just trying to save my class from being nerfed right out of the pvp scene. If they cut my heals in half and I only can heal for 255-400 every 8.3 seconds, then I see no way that I can compete in pvp. I'd be taking more damage just from reflection than I can heal for. I would actually kill myself attacking a TMS soldier that wasn't fighting back.

Originally posted by Fyrestarter
    If docs are so overpowered and uber then howcome the attack classes all seem to have the titles????

The idea of making heals 50% is ridiculous its not gonna hurt docs... ill do fine with a 5k ch in pvp. But it will make all the other healing classes terrible at pvp and make healing in pvp zones like camelot screwed up. I say we do something about reflection.
    *bounce* and to Xzibi7 too. They fail to see balance, they want to "balance" docs while it does not affect us after we can cast CH. It's clearly a "waaaa, waaaa; im not uber anymore!", "i cant kill that doc and the doc kills me withing 10 minutes! ". Sigh.

like the other soldier here says; leave heals alone, change reflect and other stuff, up some soldier stuff.

Did you know a heal-cast on a teamplayer is a hostile nano being cast? Dasin will love the 300-600 heals hes gonna get from high lvl docs with a RM Enf agrod.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

u can never answer the question huh letah?

halfing heals is like making it

100/100 heal to attack ratio over again

which is fair

you can cry all you want but you can never change these facts.

just a cheater that likes playing a game at an advantage and like i said earlier,

its like playing god mode in quake fun for a while, but get boring pretty quick (well to most it does anyway)

Uhh, Is it me or are 99% of Pomy's posts utter crap the make little to no sense.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

Originally posted by Dasin
    u can never answer the question huh letah?

halfing heals is like making it

100/100 heal to attack ratio over again

which is fair

you can cry all you want but you can never change these facts.

just a cheater that likes playing a game at an advantage and like i said earlier,

its like playing god mode in quake fun for a while, but get boring pretty quick (well to most it does anyway)
    Lol, son.
    We are cheaters? omg....earlier u said u was a soldier, well ur a cheater then stealing nt's nullity...only thing urs last for 1,20.

Seems like ur the cheater since u play quake in god mode and think it's fun.

I agree with Tortureyou, this game is not a science. There's quite a few people on these boards whining about PvP and most of those people are the untitled ones who always die because they suck. PvP in this game is not rocket science, take your reflect bracers off, who gives a big whoop, if you suck, you'll die with them on or off as many of your do. We all already know how this works.
    Gazi "Mottom" - Master 5th Dan

"It is a wise man that sits and watches but only a fool rushes in wildly." -Dai-Galean

"It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it. " -Confucious

"The gaming community has put up with this turd in our swimming pool for WAY TO long.." -Notintheface

Originally posted by Letah
    *bounce* and to Xzibi7 too. They fail to see balance, they want to "balance" docs while it does not affect us after we can cast CH. It's clearly a "waaaa, waaaa; im not uber anymore!", "i cant kill that doc and the doc kills me withing 10 minutes! ". Sigh.
    Just how are we failing to see balance.

Speaking from someone who originally had a 100% pure combat class. Cause soldiers are a 100% combat damage. Damage is all we do, and we have one defense nano that prevents us from taking a lot of damage.

Let's take adventurers for instance. The other day Patk9 came into 2ho. We were 2 soldiers there and 1 NT.

Whoa 3 combat classes on 1 guy, adventurer, he is level 200 and the 3 of us were 154+. He had a damage shield +136 and reflect about 39 or something due to bracers. (not other deflect).

The 3 of us couldn't kill him. He almost killed the NT, and I shot myself down to 50% thanks to his damage shield and reflect. So saying that adventurers are getting hurt by 50% heals is bs. They too have their form of complete heal.

Take a trader. They have several choices against a soldier, if a soldier goes up to a trader and starts to shoot, he have 2 choices either put up MK at once or leave it be. The trader now sees what the soldier does, if he doesn't get up mk, you bet the trader will divest and some cases also deprive to be 100% the soldier is OE'd and also unable to use their MK. If the soldier managed to get up MK, the trader just roots the guy, deprive him once or twice and leave him for a while.

Now the MP, first he sends his pet, then he cast curse of cronos or nano shutdown. If the soldier was lucky and managed to target the player before the pet was sent, he might be able to run after the MP. The MP on the other hand armed with a pet which heals him and some nukes, stun or shutdown, will probably run around a bit while casting curse of cronos now and then. While the pet is chewing the bones of the soldier.

Let's take a look at MA shall we ? Now that's a class who will get a tougher time with 50% heals. But think of this at level 150+ they prolly get buffed into uvc leaving them with 24% crit chance. Most MA have to go up close, but if they get rooted, many of them tend to find their bow. MA can easily change damage, if they get rooted MAs have many good bows to choose from, but I've seen those who walk around with a flashpoint as well. Since you no longer have to have a gun that can do 10k f.a. in pvp a ql 140 does the trick for pvp.

Docs as someone stated, is ready for nerfage as it is. Time to click the button for nerf heals.

And let's talk about attack rating shall we. Soldiers have higher attack rating, that is true. In pvp where damage has a cap how much does attackrating do for us ? Nothing. Since there is a cap at 50% or 40% of max hp, you could have insane attack rating and still don't hit for more than 50% of your weapons damage. Now attack rating is a variable which I have yet to find out how it works. But basically the better weapon you have and better attackrating you have the better damage. Tested madam freeze with 2.2k attack rating, and it critted for 1900 (on an ac less mob).

I know that attackrating is far more effective on a gun with higher damage.

The other day I spoke to an enforcer, he has nearly 1500 attackrating, self buffed (16 points from 1500). As a soldier the max I have ever had is 941 self buffed, apart from the test with madam freeze, with nova/flashpoint/hgb (at the time I used it, LR was equal to my AR).

Now let's talk balance. MP has a demon to fight for him and a heal pet to heal him. In pvp the mp should be somewhat fragile, but they can pack a punch like every other opponent. So the person behind the demon shouldn't be too hard to get.

MA still have their crits + damage shifting nanos.

Adv. powerful shield and many new weapons and nanos. And complete heal.

Docs lots of staying alive nanos, dots and init debuffs.

Soldiers, buffs that add to skills (whee, something to use in combat, I think not), hp buffs (whee, uber), ac buffs (insanely uber, as ac has no effect due to max damage) and reflect.

NTs a fragile class also 100% damage dependant. Got layers to protect them and nullity. Can root, calm etc... but still not a good class in pvp anymore. They can however root, nuke and still fire off an alpha. So they have more choice but still got beat up by the nerfing of 50% damage.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Question Umm.

Originally posted by Sjoko

Just how are we failing to see balance
    (....)
    MA still have their crits + damage shifting nanos.
    (....)
    The reality? Hmm did you notice how much those "ma ubber criticals" hit on soldier using MK X/reflect/bracers? Umm I hit in 30-100 range with 200s UBER criticals, and this is while at the same time I am hit 500-1100 per shot, ehehehh ohh joy.

The day I can hit for 500 minimum damage vs soldier using MK X ... you can go ahead and nerf my heals .. so how much ma damage would need to be increased to compensate for useless heals 3 or 5 times?

and btw .. bows still suck ..

Voyevode

had a ma test his bow on me today. was one of those reet tec crosbows with fling and aimshot. anyway he was wielding a 180's one with 800'sommin attack. he hit me for 300 max. now there is noway you can call that good in pvp. and no offence i hevent killed a soldier equal my lvl yet. and it's not becaurse i haven't tried. and it's not becaurse i utterly suck at pvp. got me rookie just the other day. range and good damage verses pratical imunety is too harsh for most ma. if you weaken our heals there is noway in hell we'll best a sol. sol vs ma is in favor on sol. so dont ask for nerfs of ma's. i mean i crit less with 24% crit then everyone with a 15%scope +8% crit buff

Re: Umm.

Originally posted by Voy

The reality? Hmm did you notice how much those "ma ubber criticals" hit on soldier using MK X/reflect/bracers? Umm I hit in 30-100 range with 200s UBER criticals, and this is while at the same time I am hit 500-1100 per shot, ehehehh ohh joy.
    I can't say I've seen you in pvp at all, but 500-1100 is not what I hit for. If I had hit for that range in pvp, I wouldn't complain, that would be something like 1k-2.2k without crits. If I did hit people for that much through bracers and 30% deflect I would have been really happy.

And there's a difference here. When I use MK it's for defensive purposes. I'm not invulnerable and yes MAs usually hit me for 365.

The day I can hit for 500 minimum damage vs soldier using MK X ... you can go ahead and nerf my heals .. so how much ma damage would need to be increased to compensate for useless heals 3 or 5 times?

and btw .. bows still suck ..
    Can't you just admit that you never pvp at all ? I mean seriously come on. 75% deflects off 75% of your 50% damage. So if you crit for 4000 (very unlikely) it would be 75% of of that which is 1k. Since pvp is half the damage 500hit would be what a crit would be to you.

Ask to get back 100% damage any time and you can max hit me for 2500 in one blow (that means 10k aimed or 10k f.a.). When they do that, it'll be the day I blow you to smitherines without you having a chance of healing even once. So sure, I'm open for that.

If I could trade off my MK X for your healing I'd do that anytime and any day, at least how the current situation is.

I haven't tested any bows, it was an example, BUT I have heard from several (most, very most likely to be of higher or equal level than you, unless you're an ark :P ) which claims they are very good.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Missing my point.

Sjoko, you missed my point ...
    I just noticed that 99% of ppl who mention "ma+UVC+criticals" do not have any clue how much ma hits for ..then here it is -

in pvm:

Critical hits 2800-3000 at best with avg hits of 500-600
    brawl hits 3400 (rare) at best, avg hit 500-1000 range.

and in pvp:

I am lucky if I hit for 1200 ... with most hits in 300-600 range (counting reflects, bracers etc), and vs MK in 50-100 range per hit with 150-200 "rocking" criticals .

So this is exactly how "uber" mas are.
    and umm my attack is 1100+. Take away ma heals and there is no way in hell ma can ever compete .... Besides heals for ma play the same role as shields/MKs for a soldier, this is our way to absorb damage.

Is this clear now?

Also on bows .. aimed shot hits 80% in 200-600 range, with very rare 1100, and extremely rare 10k (pvm) ... did not get this one yet ...and of course I use Reet Tech xbow ql 200 ...

Voyevode

Re: Missing my point.

Originally posted by Voy
    Critical hits 2800-3000 at best with avg hits of 500-600
    brawl hits 3400 (rare) at best, avg hit 500-1000 range.
    And you are trying to say that this is low or something?

even with reflect bracers nerfed docs will still rule pvp if there is 100% healing as well as other classes that can heal.

If i hit someone for 250, and a monster for 500, they will complain about someone healing 1,000 HP. Why do people want 100% heals still, what reason is there besides the desire to have healing classes be the best at pvp?

But even with heals 50%, people can still get outside buffs which blows the whole point of profession to profession pvp in the first place at 100%. if the damage is going to be 50% in pvp everything else should be 50% too, unless the source code is too complicated, i guess a lot of people will be leaving AO because of profession imbalance.

I think they should just go back to 100% damage and leave the rest the way it is, i enjoyed pvp much more when everything was 100% 'alpha strikes' or not you dont go into a political zone alone, this game is a conflict between 2 sides not 2 people.
    Last edited by Stromm; Jul 4th, 2002 at 10:59:01.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Actually i revised my point Xzbit, i cant use OMHH under TMS cuz for some reason TMS locks all nano skill i would be pretty happy to use it under TMS but that isnt my greater concern.
    I dont think healing is the problem, healing musnt be touched sinceit will only affect 2ndary healers, the problem is reflect.
    So the easiest and without nerfing anything way to fix it would be
    - make bracers unique so u can only have one and thats it
    - make RRF self soldier with a lower one for pvm and such

this will make like max 21+10 = 31% reflect wich is like 30% shield

I find it kinda normal that doc are hard to kill, they are meant to heal and survive, whats not normal is that atm all soldiers are stuck into one kind of damage and dont have better attack rate than any other profession or by very low. So leave heals the way they are and uncap the damage for normals keep a cap on specials so noone gets insta killed.

fryli, bro ure making yourself look dumb

wheres the cheating in a nano? soldiers had reflect before nulity was implemented in the game

sigh you sure like embarassing yourself huh

am talking about game MECHANICS not nanos and i said quake in god mode is fun for a WHILE?

learn to read, re-read (repeat them 100 times) then reply i dont have the time to keep correcting ya

Lol, kid...
    I'm embarassing myself, nope... i just made the same parallell as u did when u try tell everybody that healing is cheating.
    And yes...with bracers on top of mk soldiers have nullity...

And u actually /tell us how u want it to be like, when u tell how fun it is to play quake in god mode (cheating), imo opinion it's pretty stupid to even try do it, even if it's only for a while...

I have yet to see a healer in this game that is playing in god mode...

[UNIQUE]
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

then tell me is it fair to every attack orineted class to have there damages reduced?

everyones cheated in some game in there life bro i still remember cheating in sonic the hedgehog (dumb i know) lol. we know its dumb but every ones done it at sometime just for the hell of it and then move on.

the reason i say healing is unfair is because attack classes have been screwed over. who in there right mind would like the only thing theyre good at (damage) reduced without getting something in return and we got f*** all. and in order to make it fair they just have to reduce heals which is the exact same as returning our damage to before nerf time.

like i said your a cheater for wantiong to play at an advantage.

if you want to play fair then tell me how the system should be huh
    tell us why attack classes should have damage capped which is the only thing they have bro. go on just tell us, and also how could my arguments draw paralles between nulity and mk shield?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123