Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Why we are adding level requirements on all future nano formula

Re: WTH

Originally posted by IamWeasel
    I have NEVER seen more Brush offs,pushaways,B***S**T in my life except mabey from my EX.. this is just laughable at the least.
    You should read his response to my saying his job was to come up with bull****. It runs along the same line as anything else typed by his hands.

Re: Just thing

Originally posted by Trosida
    If the development team of AO had a decent track record of fixing problems, introducing new content without throwing the entire game out the window, and addressing imbalances with rational reasonable thought-out and properly implemented solutions... then all this screaming wouldn't be going on now.

To those that say 'let's give them the benefit of the doubt' I say... Why? Why have they earned it? What have they done that shows they actually 1) listen to the player base or 2) intend to make a decent game?

Ask yourself that.
    I have a good example that the devs listen to their costumers.. altesst teh NTs anyway When we dscuss new nanos that will improve our proffesion on our board theese nanos actually sometimes make it into the game... well... FC gives theese nanos to other profs, but hey, atleest it proves that we are infact nano tecnicians

Re: WOAH ...stop da show...

Originally posted by Veha

Ummm....is this post saying that only NEW, UNRELEASED Nanos are gonna have the level cap?

An answer here would be much liked
    Did you actually read any of the posts? YEAH!!!!!!! they wont change our existing nanos you stupid atrox..

Hey, look at me, I just got to lvl 195, now I can use my nano that raises all my nanoskills by 500... hmm... wait a second... what will I use it for? I cant use it to use better nanos, they all have lvl requierments, oh, and I am only 5 lvls from lvl 200... oh, well...

FC, can you say "banana"? Or "pinaple"... Many people say that the banana is actually a berry... its not, lets have a look at the deffinition of a berry: It has a skin on the outside that protects the soft fruity flesh inside, in the midle there is a seed... If you know anything about the banana tree you would know that the seeds that the tree drops are not inside the banana, the bananatree seeds are big black lumps that grow seperatly from the fruit, so you see, the banana is a fruit, not a berry

I have to aplaud myself for that one! /me claps at himself
    I feel so alive, think I'll go to bed and sleep and watch TV at the same time!

Am I allowed to post 4 times in a row? Good night fair sitisence, I will hand me the golden key to the city

PS. yes, I hate myself

Edit: Cosmik or Cz, feel free to delete my giberish posts(not the one about the banana, I like it), I wont get mad, I will hoever feel an emptyness in my life that can leed to stress or other workrelated syndroms.
    Last edited by Yme; Jul 3rd, 2002 at 13:13:37.

Originally posted by Yme
    Am I allowed to post 4 times in a row? Good night fair sitisence, I will hand me the golden key to the city

PS. yes, I hate myself

Keep up the good work!

levels on objects

I HATE the idea of level limits on objects! It seems to me that all these changes to do with OE weapons and nanos are the FAULT of the levels system!

Get rid of char levels entierly, add more IP each time you gain xp (in some way that punishes death in some way) then create an algorithm that steps through a chars equiptment (gun ql, armour type, Uber crit buff) and have THAT be what a player con's, and what xp from mobs is delivered on.

Obviously a more difficult programing problem, but if they dont know the reletive importance of the weapons and armour they put in the game then i think they should get one and fast!

0.02cr

DC

Originally posted by Atlavan

Keep up the good work!
    Thank you /me is proud of himself

But seriously...

Wont lvl caps remove the nanobreeds advantage that it the only advantege it allmost has? If you put in the nano lvl cap you have to give Homonano a new advantege or else I'm out of here...

Can FC pretty please make a list of Homonanos advantages? I want to see what makes you think that there should be a breed like this in a game that is so dependant on HP.

Unhappy Reply to the posts

I hope you (cosmik/fc) has read the posts and the poll on the level requirements, I hope you are taking this seriously and remove the level requirements. The customers obviously doenst want it...

Magnuz

Re: levels on objects

Originally posted by doccat
    Get rid of char levels entierly, add more IP each time you gain xp (in some way that punishes death in some way) then create an algorithm that steps through a chars equiptment (gun ql, armour type, Uber crit buff) and have THAT be what a player con's, and what xp from mobs is delivered on.
    Oh, you mean SWG?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Its obvious the higher ups havent given the people at FC that read the boards here to answer. I'd bet they agree with us that its stupid, but lets face it guys, ITS A JOB. If you've worked in customer service, you're never going to tell a customer that yeah your company is doing something really stupid, and even after a year of being released is still doing the same stupid things and just wrecking their game. When they're allowed to tell us something they will.

Though really, SOME post by one of you funcom guys would go a long way, even if its something along the lines of its still being discussed internally and you'll pass on some info. Right now it looks like you are UTTERLY IGNORING US.

As for everyone else, just shop around, see if theres something out there you like better than AO and play that instead. Im trying NWN right now, its oldschool AD&D rules so of course thats very level based and too simple. :-/

Then SWG is coming out, I cant wait to try that. But guess what, its not out yet. For now I'll still be playing AO, though I admit as soon as something better is out I'm gone. If FC listened to the players more and didnt do such amazingly BAD things over and over and over and over I'd be more loyal.

Maybe they think we're just a bunch of whiners that just want to be powerful, and anything negative they do to our power will be met with nothing but screaming. But the truth is, I dont want to be uber, I just want to choose what I'm powerful at. If I want to be a weakling who dies with one hit, has low evades and no weapon skills, but can cast some really powerful nanos, I should be able to. No excuses about the expansion, theres no sane reason to do this to us NOW.

I really hope more than 2 people at funcom is reading this thread.

Oh, I didn't read this explanation before, I retract my criticism on level requirements.

It makes perfekt sense if you explain it that way, no time now, gotta level up to 195
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Still no answer on gimping of nano mage's

Cosmik

I still have been unabel to obtain no answer on lvl reqs gimping nano mage's and what will be done to make up for this. Please, I have waited well over a week, asking in many differant forums, e-mail, irc, here, and have received no answer.

The gimp = Nano mage only real bonus is to be able to cast nanos before other breeds. Now it wont matter. Soli/Opi/Nano will all have to wait till same lvl to cast. This is a clear dis-ability to the nano mage. The loss in HP you get does not make up for the extra nano pool you get.
    Last edited by Turin; Jul 8th, 2002 at 16:48:19.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Lightbulb Nano level limits

if they will not drop the level limits

then at least redo the limits so that a Selfbuffed
    Nanomage can use them , make that the minimum
    level for the nanos.
    the now morphing adventurer
    with the paired swords 8)

Coven of Hunters

Re: Nano level limits

Originally posted by Erikomei
    if they will not drop the level limits

then at least redo the limits so that a Selfbuffed
    Nanomage can use them , make that the minimum
    level for the nanos.
    No make that, a nanomage can selfbuff, implant, and get at least ONE level appropriate outside buff. Lets not negate the usefullness of MPs or Traders in groups.

And please don't just change the nano requirements, change the level requirements.

Martin

Level based nanos

I chose this game out of all the others because skill, not level, was the way to develop your charater.

I pay two accounts to play with my wife. I do NOT want to play a level based game (I would be playing EverQuest).

Please, listen to you customers (the customer is always right?).

Re: Level based nanos

Originally posted by Tomka
    Please, listen to you customers (the customer is always right?).
    As anyone who has worked in the retail/service industry can tell you, the customer is RARELY right.

But in this case they are, of course.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Re: But seriously...

Originally posted by Yme
    Wont lvl caps remove the nanobreeds advantage that it the only advantege it allmost has? If you put in the nano lvl cap you have to give Homonano a new advantege or else I'm out of here...

Can FC pretty please make a list of Homonanos advantages? I want to see what makes you think that there should be a breed like this in a game that is so dependant on HP.

I have been asking this question since lvl req's were announced. I have yet to receive any kinf of answer.

Cosmik, Cz, ANYONE AT FC!!!!

Please tell me how you intend to make the lvl reqs up to nano mage's since you are removing the only reason one would want to play one ( th ability to cast higher nanos earlier than other breeds.

I feel this is a questoin that MUST be answerd. This goes across ALL professions.

So please explain to me why I botherd to get my shades of Lucu, my vest of prof jones, and an EGG, to boost all those nano skills?

And please explain how, since lvl reqs will destroy the biggest advantage nano mage's have, you intend to make up for the SEVERE gimp in the hitpoints area. The bigger nano pool is NOT worth over 1`/3 less of the HP than the other breeds. PLEASE EXPLAIN!

I have asked in every forum now.

E-mail, IRC. Boards. NO ANSWER. Ignoring me will not make me go away. Please stop doing so. thank you.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Mark my words. Unless someone at FunCom grows a clue, they'll simply put a straight across the board 2 'level' decrease on the restrictions for NanoMages as a 'fix' for what they borked up.

I can almost guarantee they'll come out with something like this to further illustrate their incompetence. "Hey, we are unable to balance the game, so we introduced 'level' requirements. But, you lucky NanoMages automatically get 2-'levels' less penalty! Keep camping those Shades and Vests, baby!"

But, to be more constructive, let's discuss the options that the designers have put out to address the nullification of the NanoMage's inherent superior nano-related Skills as compared to the other breeds ....

/me wonders if that's crickets he hears chirping.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast