Thread: As of now, my biggest concerns. :P

Drew

Cool As of now, my biggest concerns. :P

As of right now, I have been unable to zone into missions. Several times. However, I have noticed that if I waited and did some homework and watched some tv, I'd be lucky enough to see someone zone OUT of the mission and viola. I'd be able to zone in. This perhaps is coincidence. Regardless, it's annoying. :P Just thought I'd bring it up.

Somewhat related to that is my questioning of why petitions were disabled. I couldn't even report this. So I'm posting it here in the hope that someone will deem it acceptable and allow it to be posted to the forum at which point hopefully someone who has any knowledge of the game at Funcom will read it. (Seeing as EVERY single post I've ever tried since this was moderated was never actually posted, I'm not holding my breath on this one.)

And on another tangent, I'm still waiting for a gaming company to realize that a large portion of their player base does not have 18 hours a day to commit to their game. Some of us do get frustrated at having our 1-4 hours being completely wasted. (Stop sitting on your butt waiting on a mission that seems obviously broken you say, to which I reply, that I have yet to see much in the way of social interaction and the game to me does not promote it in any way. I realize that if you didn't create the game to cater to those who live eat sleep breathe etc gaming then those said players would be rediculously uber and grow bored quite fast, my view is that since they devote that type of time anyways, they're gonna get uber fast and maybe it would be a prod in whatever team's butt to add some content to the world so people can do other things then pressing hotkeys for attacking, healing, sitting, 'Blahblah Cyborg Incoming!', or having Baboons completely to yourself for hours of real time at end.

I despise the way chat is set up in AO. While hearing many reasons why it is so limiting and how that benifits social interaction (sure, whatever bub), I can't bring myself to agree with them. What really is the reasoning behind limiting channels depending on the playzone you're in? Ok, I took a break and read what I've typed so far and realized I may be sounding a little negative. Some things I'd love to see. Perhaps a professions specific chat channel. A social channel. (I mean, people DO have the option to turn these things off.) The removing of banning channels from mission zones. I believe I speak for more then myself when I say that waiting on teams is somewhat a waste of time. Most people are in missions and can't hear requests for teams. Some of those people would love to team. But they're unable to communicate so or even know others want to team. They're IN the mission because the team channel is so quiet. The team channel is so quiet because everyone is involved in a mission. Perhaps a little extreme, but that's my spin on things. I'm no savvy guy who knows how many people play AO, but discounting one's friend list, how much social interaction do people really get? The world seems really really empty and lonely. But again, that's just my take on things.

There are more playability issues, but none of them really bug me much. I'd like to end this by saying that I've always enjoyed AO, even when I cancelled my first account. I took a long break for a variety of reasons, but not because I hated the game.

Good luck in figuring out your customer service problems, Home Movies is on and I'm still unable to zone into my mission.

P.S. After having been forced to press my back button a few times and cntrl c-ing this whole thing, I'd also like to say that it'd be nice if the boards didn't have such a short idle time and wouldn't log you out. It's a little annoying.

use the key on the door.. i have had this problem myself and atually picking up the key and right clicking the mission door lets you in