Thread: 209 report

209 report

a bit of wry humor I thought I'd share

just hit 209 -- my value to inferno teams thus far has been two fold

1) the calm, which is surprising. no, it still sux and there is no way I could be the 255 incarnator calmer without a major mongo tank and a very good doc but I'm happy to report that while there is always the occasional totally uncalmable heckler/horror the calms are generally hitting now at a rate of somewhere less than 10 attempts. crappy, but it's actually starting to have real and actual value to teams who can handle a little occasional random chaotic damage, it works even better if I have a comp mocharm.

2) team secretary, I can't tell you how often people have asked me to get them reps as in "I'm busy here actually doing something, you -- yes you, over there, peon NT, fetch me a rep"

go go underdog prof NT !! the few, the proud, the "why the hell am I still playing this profession" profession

------------------------------------------------------

all humor aside though the fun has picked up some now that calming has become semi-realistic. I have a job again, sort of. figure I'm onboard till 220

and, the calm works decently well other areas like adonis catacombs. teamed with a killer we can get through to the nice bosses quite quickliy. at about 5 hits or less things are calmed with the occasional total uncalmable

Quote Originally Posted by dukenukem
    go go underdog prof NT !! the few, the proud, the "why the hell am I still playing this profession" profession
    So classic, I love it.

That made me laugh also. So true, so true.

Now if we could only bribe.... err I mean get FC devs to co-operate and extend the Calm/Mezz line past Peaceful Intentions. Or even better, lower SL mobs NR down from Orbit. shhheesh!
    Xenixa - Gear/Setup
    General of First Order

Nano-Technician (McFalls') Maxim:
    No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts.
    Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed.

The major problem with calms is that they are not working reliable.

You can be lucky and calm 4 hecklers in a row on first try, or you can bite your teeths out (and heckler-warp your teammates to reclaim) by getting countered 10 times in a row on the next two ...

There is nothing worse then an unrealiable teammate, think of a doctor where you're not sure if he's /afk and you actually gonna get heals or not.

Personally I'd love to see calms getting extended, just like the rest of our outdated toolset.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Been there done that...lol

Amen.
    Szsn - 213 NT - Equip - RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia

You can be lucky and calm 4 hecklers in a row on first try, or you can bite your teeths out (and heckler-warp your teammates to reclaim) by getting countered 10 times in a row on the next two ...
    So true and sad.

The truth actually u can be used at secretary yes.
    Cause u're not doing much damage, classic.
    Our calm sux, sure there is a NR checking ? Classic 2
    PNH and IOR useless in a 210+ team, or useless at all definitively ... Classic 3
    Our layer, hum lol, classic 4
    Others things ? what others things u speak about ? classic 5

Well, play a prof but don't play NT ... final classic.
    AO - Signed Off
    MAIN:
    Nanobio - NT 212 - Legion.
    Alts:
    Annaj - Fix 207.
    Kaminoan - Adv 201.
    Cappymaia - Doc 145 - Synergy Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia

You can be lucky and calm 4 hecklers in a row on first try, or you can bite your teeths out (and heckler-warp your teammates to reclaim) by getting countered 10 times in a row on the next two ....
    And FC still wonders why no one wants an NT in the group..

They expect our AoE nukes to solo us up to 220 instead of getting in teams, and if we want an extention to calms we have to give up Aoe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

hey hey hey, lets not be ungratfull here, we got

R A N G E D E B U F F S.

(waste of creds pos good for nothing crapy nanos that make ice bolt look effective).
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

Poor NT's!

Why don't ya'll just level shade alts like traders do?
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad
    Poor NT's!

already on the list, been collecting equipment and weapons for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by frostblast
    hey hey hey, lets not be ungratfull here, we got

R A N G E D E B U F F S.

(waste of creds pos good for nothing crapy nanos that make ice bolt look effective).
    you should have done like me : NOT BUYING those useless nanos

as for calms, you still can calm with debuff NR.
    CI or CM + debuff NR and it should work.
    Also wear a nanoskill equipment/perk.
    I saw NTs that could not mezz but he had not nanodoctorate but enhanced DNA.. yeah ok come on.
    Soldiers do not complain when they miss a Full Auto if they do not max their Assault Rifle skill ...
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

Mir that's only when you get the NR debuff perk at.. 204?

I had trouble calming stuff in Elysium when I first went there at 100ish, and that lasted well into TL 5. I still at 190 have trouble calming stuff in Adonis, and I very much dislike having to rely on another profession for my own nanos to work properly!
    Ramillis 210/15 Doctor General of The Red Brotherhood [Equipment/Perks]
    Onaelmel 190/7 NT {retired}
    Quote Originally Posted by Etaks
    {Nerfed by Satenia ... sorry but I have been waiting for this day for to long }

Quote Originally Posted by Onaelmel
    Mir that's only when you get the NR debuff perk at.. 204?

I had trouble calming stuff in Elysium when I first went there at 100ish, and that lasted well into TL 5. I still at 190 have trouble calming stuff in Adonis, and I very much dislike having to rely on another profession for my own nanos to work properly!
    100% agreed, i didn't say the NT can mezz correctly, i know we have a lot of problems with mezz
    I just said that before saying "it's not working" at lvl 209 (subject of this post), it could be nice to max PM/SI and use the tools you have. At 209 you CAN mezz, not very good but you can.
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad
    Poor NT's!

Been there, done that... she was outperformed my 209 NT at about 160 for Ado\Pen work, and 200 for Inferno work (where Maista can't even THINK about performing solo)

Ah... balance.
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

a go go underdog prof NT !! the few, the proud, the "why the hell am I still playing this profession" profession
    h8h8h8h8h8h8h8
    Fuzzymagic
    Lilmaniac
    Astraline

72 ppl on beast raid and 1 of them was a NT... what does that say?
    and no the NT wasnt me since well enf is much more fun to play
    Clan and General of Coven of Hunters org

Trollet 220 Enforcer Experienced
    Darkforces 220 Solitus Shade Neophyte
    Trollmannen 220 Nano Technician
    Eirikbloodax 210 Atrox Doctor