Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Level requirements on new nano programs

Re: ITS BEEN SAID ONCE ITS BEEN SAID AGAIN!

Originally posted by Tertuillian
    You are really going to screw up things doing this. I am a MP you know what makes MP's useful? Is it our uber dmg in missions? NO! Is it our uber healing in missions? NO! Is it our uber pathing pets? NO! The one thing that makes people want a MP around over a tank or a doc or a martial artist is the fact that we can give them to OE that very useful nano for healing for summoning a pet and so forth. PUTTING LVL RESTRICTIONS NERFS MPS DESIREABLILITY IN TEAMS! As it is i often struggle to get into a team when there is a markedly more useful tank or healer floating around, because when it comes down to it FUNCOM you have created a game in which only one thing matters in teams SURVIVABILITY (especially when you have lvl 100 guys fighting lvl 190 mobs) and DAMAGE (since the more damage you do the faster that mob drops and the more likely you are going to survive.)
    MP's, unless they bastardize themselves with a tanks weapon, do not provide either in a manner that makes them competitively desireable in a team. That is of course unless that team cannot find a healer or a tank and just need an extra body for the time being. From the posts that i have read all across the boards this move you are making is not wanted by your customers AND ITS CERTAINLY NOT WANTED BY ME. You want a dissatisfied customer base keep on making these sorts of thickskulled arbitrary decisions and dropping them on your player base without their consent. Remember one thing the MMORPG market is growing quite quickly and the customer base you are dealing with isnt the same one ULTIMA ONLINE was dealing with a few years ago. We are a much more jaded kicked around and ticked off customer base than back then (mostly because of companies doing just what you are doing right now) but unlike when ULTIMA ONLINE came out we have other choices. Keep showing a lack of respect to the desires of your customer base and you will soon find out we have better things to do than throw our money at deaf ears.
    That is silly, my main is Sytrae a 143mp, nothing has changed only the future game will be more balanced, that is all they aren't limiting all the old nano tech nukes "hey Sytrae hit me with mochies so I can grab the attention of this mob" Crats "Hey Sytrae hit me with mochies so I can do the area mez", Docs "Hey sytrae hit me with mochies so I can do my uber heal" Engineer "Hey Sytrae hit me with mochie TS/MC so I can keep my slayr drood" etc.

None of that has changed only the new things are level based not all the 100's of nano's already useful and used in the game, please do leave because the game can do without the whiners and panicers who show there head and cancel there account for no reason.

Thumbs down

Hello EQ...(what are you thinking) Level restrictions are NOT SKILLED BASED. DUH.....

maybe SWG wil get it right.....probably not..we will see.

good bye
    ogreman

Maybe they do this next (bad ideas)

Very bad ideas

Maybe the next thing Funcom is planning a level lock for weapons, armor and other things in the game

Why doesn't Funcom lock all the doors off static dungeon when your over a certain level.

Example:

level 100+ cannot enter The Longest Road otherwise guild would camp the director and T.I.M.

level 90 cannot enter Steps of madness.... and so on.

I hope that my level 124 still can do level 124 solo mission with this patch... i don't want to fall back to just killing greys for solo missions because greens where to hard for me before the IP reset thing.

This is the worst idea I have seen since I started playing. This is the type of thing that will make me want to go out and try SWG

This is a BAD idea!
    Last edited by Hithorn; Jun 28th, 2002 at 16:57:07.

WELL thank god my new nanos have a level requirement for shadowlands!

why does it make sense to add them to all NEW ones?
    do you think at ALL? whats more important to have a level requirement on, an adv's TRASH 100 PISTOL BUFF lvl195 BOSS DROP SELF ONLY?? or a 132 wrangle that can be casted at 90 or 100 or whatever(neverplayedtrader)?! thank you for ruining the 2nd patch i looked forward to.

are you insane?
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Originally posted by Wal
    why does it make sense to add them to all NEW ones?
    do you think at ALL? whats more important to have a level requirement on, an adv's TRASH 100 PISTOL BUFF lvl195 BOSS DROP SELF ONLY?? or a 132 wrangle that can be casted at 90 or 100 or whatever(neverplayedtrader)?! ...
    Exactly. I forsee a future Trader Nerf due to such an "imbalance". And I'm sure FunCom will deem MP buffs to be worthy of a Nerf as someone might still be able to find a use for them.

Soldiers will probably get hit a bit. I mean, Pistol Mastery can be cast at such a low level in comparison to the new Adventurer level-locked pistol buffs -- that can't possibly be "balance".

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

YOUR PLAYER BASE DOESNT WANT THIS. WAKE UP.

If you want to add requirements to certain lines to prevent OE and twinking then be original.

Use comp lit for the NCU fixer buffs.

God do you have ANY idea howthe player base LOATHES this idea?

John

Unhappy I am with you on this one chown

I do play an MP as my main and if there is a revision restricting the nanos by lvl then me and 8 (just counted them yesterday) of my MP friends will cancel our worthless accounts with you.

I too got suckered into making my NT and MP both Nano breeds, that only to see some Atrox NT have better armor, HP, nanos (!!!) lvl 4 times faster than my gimpy retired chars ever could achieve....

I know pretty much everybody has been saying the same thing but Im going to say it as well, if the only obligation funcom has is to make a fun game, and no one thinks this change is fun, thenm why are they doing it? They must obviously think that there is some "perfect set of rules" they must institute, whether they are fun or not. In other words, there shouldnt be any changes made to the game that make 90% of the players unhappy, there is no reason to do it.

Why even try to make FC listen to you. All they do is PERHAPS read and then go on and drink some more beer.

Oh the bad pilsner beer... i cant stand it...

You people don't get it do you? You have all been beta testers for the expansion pak, which btw is the real game. FC knows these items have all been attainable at a very early stage, I mean MP's max out around lvl 160. FC wants this game to have life for the "NEW" players.....not you guys. They know you will all jump to other games....they got your money!

You can ***** and moan all you want, but they don't care about you since you have been used up. The new players will come into an existing world that runs the way FC wants.

I can't believe you people really think your $12.95 will make them change their minds........
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

Re: Re: ITS BEEN SAID ONCE ITS BEEN SAID AGAIN!

Originally posted by Sytrae
    That is silly, my main is Sytrae a 143mp, nothing has changed only the future game will be more balanced, that is all they aren't limiting all the old nano tech nukes "hey Sytrae hit me with mochies so I can grab the attention of this mob" Crats "Hey Sytrae hit me with mochies so I can do the area mez", Docs "Hey sytrae hit me with mochies so I can do my uber heal" Engineer "Hey Sytrae hit me with mochie TS/MC so I can keep my slayr drood" etc.

None of that has changed only the new things are level based not all the 100's of nano's already useful and used in the game, please do leave because the game can do without the whiners and panicers who show there head and cancel there account for no reason.
    So what would you think if you had none of those nukes and they were slated for the next patch with level reqs? These are nanos we should have had from DAY ONE like every other class has had with no level reqs.

How many fecking times do we need to say that?

Originally posted by Mechani
    Why even try to make FC listen to you. All they do is PERHAPS read and then go on and drink some more beer.

Oh the bad pilsner beer... i cant stand it...
    I thought they went to smoke more crack, but I guess bad beer could have the same effect...
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Spork, your sig needs something about 14.4

hey funcom, where do you buy your crack?

New sig.

Chown: I put that in there before I saw your post.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Re: Grabbed from IRC today.

Originally posted by Caol
    [10:44] <Cz> Caol, the level restrictins are here to stay. That is a dead discussion, like it or not. I'm gonna bring up whether we can please tweak them a bit, but can't promise anything.

There you have it. It stays as it is. This protest will get you just as far as when you protested against the OE patch.

Have fun. Ô_o
    The funny thing about the OE patch poll... It was 40% for, 40% again, and 10% unsure.

Now go look at Intra's poll:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/pol...lts&pollid=270

An astonishing 85% of the population doesn't like the direction these level reqs are headed.
    Last edited by Zeroshift; Jun 27th, 2002 at 23:27:39.

I dislike level reqs on nanos.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Angry

This is the most prime example of

DIGGIN YOUR OWN GRAVE

I have seen in a long time.

I will not try to explain why, people before me have already done it, and I dont think the people at FC are smart enough to understand **** what I am trying to say anyway.

Thank you for consitently trying to ruin this game.

just adding my name to the list of CUSTOMERS who think this is a bad idea.

FC finally hit AO with the uber Nerf bat of Diabloism

when does Swg beta start?(oh my did i say that i hate star wars and im even thinking of going to that game)

Please AO change this before SwG comes out and give all the people a new pioneer style item for having to deal with this lapse of judgement you call a patch.
    welcome to 1984 starting this week we are currently and have always been at war with the terroism.

War on terrorism: The act of violating every basic human right.

Oh my god the dev team are a retarded bunch of fukmonkeys.. LEVEL REQS ARE FOR EQ

OE IS NOT BAD IN SOME SENSES, IE NANOS
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast