Thread: How crit modifer is added & my problem with it! ;)

How crit modifer is added & my problem with it! ;)

I feel this is a bug. When u look at dmg for a weapon, for example 1-230(600), you are told that that the 1-230 is the normal dmg done by the weapon and the (600) is the amount added for a crit.

Now I feel dmg for a crit should be done like this. Calculate a standard hit with the 1-230 dmg then add the 600 crit adjustment, so you would get 601-830 dmg for a crit, then have this number turned into your dmg done.

Umless I'm missing something crit dmg is just maximum standard dmg added to crit adjustment. This doesn't seem right to me, was just wondering how u guys feel about this.

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

/me pushed the nerfing idea under the rug....

Be quiet before you give them any more ideas.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Re: How crit modifer is added & my problem with it! ;)

Originally posted by Qwerty
    I feel this is a bug. When u look at dmg for a weapon, for example 1-230(600), you are told that that the 1-230 is the normal dmg done by the weapon and the (600) is the amount added for a crit.

Now I feel dmg for a crit should be done like this. Calculate a standard hit with the 1-230 dmg then add the 600 crit adjustment, so you would get 601-830 dmg for a crit, then have this number turned into your dmg done.

Umless I'm missing something crit dmg is just maximum standard dmg added to crit adjustment. This doesn't seem right to me, was just wondering how u guys feel about this.
    I'm not sure how the calculation works exactly, but I know you add the max base damage + the crit modifier and x3 and asjust for attack rating (or something like that).

To me, it works exactly how it should. You do the max damage possible with that weapon minus acs.

Yes, it's max damage + crit modifier. And I think it should stay that way (most weapons have a low crit and 1 min damage you know ).

I think this is more a retrospect post. I think if crit was added to dmg, not to max dmg we may not to have had crit buffs/items nerfed.

Tho rivers, ith8, krutt etc still have there massive crit modifier so who maybe not.

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Your idea is currently live for the burst special attack. Crit only adds crit damage and does not max regular damage. If you want to play that way go pick up an SMG or bursting pistol.