Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guys, help me suggest something to bring more PvP in AO.

Guys, help me suggest something to bring more PvP in AO.

Im not sure exactly HOW to create more PvP in AO. All I know is that I hardly see any PvP going on these days. No more 2h0, mmd, not much towerwars or even people in arenas.

I find it somewhat boring that the only way to get some PvP going is to get flagged, run to omni ent and stand ther waiting for someone to attack me. And useally its a 220 soldier or something >.<

Anyone have any suggestions or views on this?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Rework the PvP-range like they did once, when they changed it from 75+ = FFA.
    Like it is now once you hit 150 you're pretty much ****ed untill you're 200+. So if you wanna PvP it's either get a twink or level your ass off. TL7 vs TL5, not much sport in it.

Dunno if it make more ppl PvP, but I know some people don't see the point in showing up at tower fights cause they know someone that's got 50 levels on 'em will send 'em to reclaim in a second. (Or maybe they just use it as an excuse...)

I bet more Omni/Clan propaganda helps too.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

In the old days when people interested in role-play tried to "role-play" the war, various clan leaders would move their people into MMD, 2hO, ect and see how long they could hold it from Omni. The enemy was of course, informed that they were there and they would gather their forces and try to push the intruders out. Some large role-play stories have evolved around pvp. Somewhere along the way the role-players (for the most part) lost interest becuase it wasn't about the story and having fun any more but about power leveling and twinking and 1337 dudes laughing the the role players becuase they just couldn't keep up.

Now, there are still many people that love to pvp. The thing is, leaders of the guilds that predominantly LIKE to pvp don't set up these raids anymore. No towers, why bother? IF they would start saying..."All right...Storm and Demolition Squad (as an example) are invading the towns in 4 Holes, kick us out if you can" You can be sure that eventually, Omni would show up. Thing is, what are the odds of this happening? It takes initiative from the leaders of orgs with a lot of pvpers to make it happen. Not saying these leaders don't have initiative, it's just not focused in this direction. You get the leaders to do this, and you WILL see battles again like you used to, I would bet money on it.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

needs to be balanced first. they made a mistake by making players too powerful and having an influx of low req items with high stat buffs.
    [Team] Shtorm: ser when mob we will attack enf dont mob only u must heal enf
    [Team] Serenaid: wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenaid
    needs to be balanced first. they made a mistake by making players too powerful and having an influx of low req items with high stat buffs.
    In duels that may be true. In mass pvp, individual balance is almost irrelevent. To make it like it was you would also have the full spectrum of people out there fighting from lowbies to 220s of every profession.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I think the big problem is that it's difficult to find someone who would make it a fair fight. Even if you find a guy who's the same level as you, chances are that one of you is way over-powered and it would just be a massacre. This is why I don't PVP. I know everyone else in my range willing to PVP will have prepared for it and be twinked out. I don't have time to do all that stuff.

Mass PVP is basically the same thing. I remember going to some of those 2HO wars back a few years ago. Yup, I remember zoning in, lagging to hell, and then getting killed by someone a few levels higher than me. The lag *may* be fixed now, but the higher level thing isn't. Also, everyone is in SL killing hecklers. Get them back to Rubi-Ka and maybe we can get some wars started again.

That's where the guild leaders come in. They know thier members best and can lead their folks to do battles in these places. They have the best chance of getting thier people away from camps, their hecklers, their aliens and what not. It takes leaders, both Omni and Clan to make it happen though.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Worst enemy of PvP is so-called leveling content. Every new expansion brings new levels those takes year for hardcore people to be on top. In same time not so hardcore people like 150-205 have nothing to show in pvp where 215+ people doing instakills on them.

In same time FC dumping sideconflict. They do nothing for it, but we see they them trying to get omni and clan doing things together and it does nothing good for sideconflict, both from rp and pvp point of view.

Now, on top of this we see biggest balance problems that ever was in AO. Traders and Crats cant do a ****, docs cant run out of nano -ever-, perks gave some profs instakill ability and low evades profs cant do a **** against it. And many many more.

NW problems playing big role aswell. Towers' damage output cant harm at all after people got theier TL7 levels. Debuff part of TL7 towers is greatly outdated and is completely harmless. Some QL 300 towers(Atomic Turret for example) are not obtainable. After base is destroyed and new one is setup - open for attacks imidiatly and its DAMN SILLY, people cant go to attack new base, they need to camp defeated base to defend and base swapping can be forever untill one side bored enough of it.

IMHO thats why AO in pvp is dead. But FC give no ****, I see no work in progress on PvP improvements, we only see new leveling grind, haha.

On top of it I think PvP in AO could use more reasons to PvP. Peoples are too little motivated in PvP.

One of good reasons could be rank system, where people can see world ranks of PvPers. Complete rework of pvp titles should be done aswell. Firstly it should reflect position in world ranking system. Secondly, but not less important to make PvP points continiously decreasing for each player to avoid current situation about people with Neophyte+ titles avoiding pvp to not loose their precious title. When player have full hp - all damage done points should be removed from this player. This will repair zoning griefing and just bull**** with person who killed another player dont getting points.

Now, when we 'have' world pvp rank system for each side - make something for top 10 pvpers. Firstly it can be some visual changes to appearance of character/his_name/whatsoever, secondly, EEL/Smug should give new token boards(remember token boards was designed as reward for side stuff?) for people that are in top1, top5, and top 10 list with playshift requirement - being on needed position in top.
    And probably fighting in NW shouldnt give ability to gain/loose title/rank/whatsoever points. Because it gives people abiltiy to get unfair kills, its masses where you cant control your points and can be ganked by 10+ people. In same time this will make people fighting in 2ho, whompa wars more and more

Bah, I typing too much and most dont give a ****, FC mainly.

Lets see new levels in next expansion for next year and theym another one expansion with another one leveling system

Seems to be that WoW will bring to people who like PvP this stuff. With current situation of AO - Ill probably say - see ya in WoW

P.S. Vixentrox, org leaders cant bring a fun to PvP when game itself working opposite
    Last edited by Hamat; Sep 18th, 2004 at 17:23:48.

remove stuff that mke 1 side way to powerfull from the game.

Then add a reason for us to fight in MMD and 2ho (i would go to mmd and 2ho to pvp whitout any reason) but som peoples want a reason to fight.

Add a new tara mob in a 25% zone, ther is no point in fighting tara, becous the loot isent that fun anymore, D-chest is damn uber, but nowdays you can use other armors that works fine to... so thers is no real reason to fight over tara.

Finaly i agree whit Hamat.

Pre SL everyone that wanted to be lvl 200 was lvl 200. the lvl 200 players had 3 things to do: PvP, raid and RP.. alot of peoples chose to PvP. Then SL came and lvl 200 becam a speed bump for a lvl 210+ char. So all the pvp lovers had to lvl or reroll a low lvl pvp alt. The new 20 lvls takes ages to get, and ther is no real point in trying to pvp when befor your lvl 210+.

SL killed PvP in AO, becous the 20 lvl wher to powerfull to not get befor you go back to the battlefield. maybe in a year or so when the 200 pvp crew is 220 PvP will be back in AO.
    w00p w00p!!

Make a Runescape-like PvP system.

Make a battle system in which players could only attack similarly-leveled players, to avoid instakilling by 220s.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShikari
    Make a battle system in which players could only attack similarly-leveled players, to avoid instakilling by 220s.

Yes and it would kill NW and whats left of the PvP in AO.
    Would take forever to find somone to gank, duel or kill in a duel, NW battle or Whompa war.
    w00p w00p!!

easiest way for more pvp: speed up leveling in ao

you got no time at all for pvp with all that leveling grinds, and if you don´t level you got no chance in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm1
    Yes and it would kill NW and whats left of the PvP in AO.
    Would take forever to find somone to gank, duel or kill in a duel, NW battle or Whompa war.
    How about copy the Honor system in WoW?

World of Warcraft PVP Revealed!!

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/i...nails/ss01.jpg

Blizzard just released how their PVP system will work.. This is an approach that I love!

“Honor is a concept that is central to our PvP ranking system. There are honorable kills and there are dishonorable kills. You earn honor for killing opponents at or near your level, and more honor still if you kill a higher level player character, as opposed to an NPC. There are also dishonorable kills, and these would include killing lower level PCs and NPCs, and especially non-aggressive NPCs like gryphon masters and quest givers. If you repeatedly make dishonorable kills, you'll eventually go into the negative ranks, and lose experience and become attackable on sight by both factions. Our intention is to punish dishonorable behavior and reward honorable PvP play.”

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/pvp-article.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShikari
    How about copy the Honor system in WoW?
    this isent WoW, and WoWs system wont work in AO.

only killing same lvls or getting punishment for killing lower lvls players would kill AOs pvp even more
    w00p w00p!!

Due to profession imbalance a reward for going against high level players would only benefit a few professions and hurt most others.

The most important thing to do is bring back balance to pvp so that any welltwinked and equipped player can take on a similarly twinked and equipped player of any profession and have a realistic chance of winning.

As it is now there are several professions that due to the current game mechanics only are vulnerable to 1 or 2 other professions.
    My big Soldier & His Setup
    My little Soldier
    Mad, dangerous, and hairy beyond Reason

I love the thought that dumb people don't know who they are. I hope I'm not one of them.

make Tir, OA, NLC, Borealis, Omni-Trade, Rome Red....have sided Gas like MMD use to be....
    have the 25% gas around the grid terminals.

and

Have 1 HUGE ARENA!!!!
    in a neutral zone....and make it a beautiful arena worth going to...where it shows you fighting on a big screen up above...

oh yea and put random snare traps that appear on the arena floor and random spikes that pop up and hit you for melee dmg...the dmg determined would be a percentage of your HP....same with the snare trap which is calculated according to your runspeed....

also in the b4 you walk into the arena fighting floor...you enter a yellow area which removes all buffs...then onto a red area where you self buff before entering the actual sparring/fighting zone...
    Last edited by **aC!Dr3igN**; Sep 19th, 2004 at 17:50:19.
    PayPal Rep:Have you recently left town?
    Myself:No I haven't
    PayPal Rep:Ok...have you recently left the country then?
    Myself:How can I leave the country if I never even left town???

/tell Acidreign
    RK2 Rimor

Yes that arena would suck b***s **aC!Dr3igN**

What buffs do Traders have that helps them in a selfbuffed duel, what buffs do Crast have that help them? Soldiers, Enfs, MAs and agents on the other hand got great buffs for self pvp and would own that arena 24/7.

SELFBUFFED DUELS ISENT FAIR!, becous som prfessions got nice selfbuffs and som prefessions dont have any buffs at all.
    w00p w00p!!

I remember a long time ago on rimor omni invaded athen killing everything they could kill in sight which brought a nice crowd to MMD and made for nice battles. With PvP flagging now you can invade , get flagged and fight anywhere you want. The only major limitation will be what the server can handle. I am sure if a group invades anothers city there will be some who will be happy to fight back. Being terribly rude/insulting even would help as well

Stoner
    Peace $ Love, Inc. - Since April 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Yesiamstoned
    I remember a long time ago on rimor omni invaded athen killing everything they could kill in sight which brought a nice crowd to MMD and made for nice battles. With PvP flagging now you can invade , get flagged and fight anywhere you want. The only major limitation will be what the server can handle. I am sure if a group invades anothers city there will be some who will be happy to fight back. Being terribly rude/insulting even would help as well

Stoner
    Yes but people rarely do that. There are gamemechanics in place that let people PvP until they puke but something needs to be done to make people actually take advantage of that ability.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

But then again I dont really care much about this myself anymore. Im asking for some PvP-luv for the sake of AO not for myself.

The reason I dont care much anymore is because Traders are so incredibly handicapped. If PvP went back into "weee"-mode I would have to make a new character and I dont have the stamina for that.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast