Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If you're NOT an NT, read this...

From the post that started the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesic
    4. Above all else... please respect the players who have taken time to post informational threads by not posting your insults and trolling remarks in those threads. In some instances, our Professionals and moderators have protected the threads by closing them until the time comes to add new info... but in the instance that they are not, resist the urge please. If you absolutely must post something that relates to those threads but is likely to lead to rounds of insults and thread closings... start your own thread so the information isn't bogged down with stupidity. It's bad enough we get that every time we turn on a TV.
    I know it's not an informational thread... but still, there's no reason to have this trolling / flaming in this particular thread. It's counterproductive to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    Casting Kels at a tower war IS self destruct.
    yeah, but my way they actually do like 40% dmg on people and make them fearful of NT's
    Rotender - 51% Share holder of Omni-Tek

Me

Everyone phears nt's anyway
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

I have just recently started a NT, and I love it Have found some nice people to team with. The main reason I started was actually that I got curious as to how kiting works.

Now, I noticed that even at low levels, ppl can get ticked of at a failed kite, but they are usually more understanding than some ppl I've seen while playing my main (140+ Fixer), and a failed kite led to a team (as we all ended up in Aban garden when one of the others blew the kite, and I couldn't get it back under control) which in turn led to new friends.

Since starting this baby-NT, and I really love the proffesion, I've gotten a new understanding for all those NT's kiting, nuking and what-ever else they are doing, all around RK/SL.
    And even though I refrained from flaming when a kite went ballistic and killed me a few 100k exp from ding, I still got mad, until I realized that it isn't as easy as it looks. And I've gotten killed from my own stupidity far more often than from NT's, that ought to count for something, if ppl start to think on it. (this being on my main, ofc. And in more than one heck-team )
    As for teams, I've had a few, and even there it's a proff that gives a challenge, chain-casting blinds and single-nuking, as I did at first. It gives a feeling of satisfaction to find something beside kiting to do, even though kiting is without doubt the most exciting part of a NT

Thx Jaesic, for a REALLY good post, keep up the good work

Hey all. just started another NT about 3 weeks ago. started kiting ely hecks at around level 105 and already have to deal with the people that for some reason dont like kiters. the main problem is this: someone will get flagged and jump in the kite flagging me then root/pvp me while i have a train of 30+hecks. im not exactly sure what their motives are for doing this but its EXTREMELY annoying. ive had this happen on 3 occasions now and its really making me want to ditch my NT. one thing im really reluctant about since i spent 80m~(i have ADD and am a lousy farmer) on VTEs shades devalos sleeves etc so that i can kite. NT was my first toon and i really love the profession but stuff like this is just ruining the experience for me. if someone who has done this and reads this im asking you to please stop. im omni and ive seen omnis and clans alike do this so im not blaming it on any certain faction as i was once clan.

simple answer: dont kite.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

If you wanna kite, kite.

However, there are always gonna be ppl who for some unknown reason doesn't like kiters. These days I level in teams (when I am ever on my NT, that is), and kite for fun. It is a challenge, and if you kite dynas it can be quite rewarding.

If you wanna kite hecklers, make sure you are in a place where players just don't go, that way you wont have to get flagged by some steroid-inflated trox-enfo who thinks that everyone kiting is a kite-newb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizterfixit
    However, there are always gonna be ppl who for some unknown reason doesn't like kiters.
    If NTs would try to get in regular groups more often, the reason wouldn't be so unknown. No, you don't even have to actually get in a group. Just stand around where the people gather. Sooner or later you'll see hecklers pop up out of nowhere and kill everyone. This is one of the side effects of an NT kiting half a zone away. It generates a bit of hate towards kiters and makes people want to kill them
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

i leveled my nt quite a bit kiting on rk...

just to see how to do it. I don't expect i'll ever take him to SL and kite.

Since he's a gimp soloer, i'm limited to teams and kiting. Well, kiting got old too, but it was fun for a while. However, I am now farming axp while playing with my org's twinks, which is quite fun. Nuking those greenies is a blast!

This is a well worn post and a well worn subject and just like to say again how well jaesic summed up this kind of issue a while ago
    but my advice is just go join ely heck teams and fight alongside team mates its slower but Its a lot more fun and it means that when you get to adonis etc you wil have a lot more experinece in team playing. Or go kite rk mobs
    The nice items will help your teamates as your calms, nukes etc will will (hopefull!) be handy

If you do still want to kite ely hecks, and its a horrible way to level after a while, you need to use ely map and get the side map upgrade keep an eye out and and stop nukeing when they are about to jump
    Vipsania Nanomage Trader 220/19 RK2
    Veteran of Bug Busters

Quote Originally Posted by lunette View Post
    If NTs would try to get in regular groups more often, the reason wouldn't be so unknown. No, you don't even have to actually get in a group. Just stand around where the people gather. Sooner or later you'll see hecklers pop up out of nowhere and kill everyone. This is one of the side effects of an NT kiting half a zone away. It generates a bit of hate towards kiters and makes people want to kill them
    Yeah, I know about this.
    Though I myself kite from time to time, I have only once tried to kite at one of the more common kite-spots. Believe me when I say "never again".

As to kiting as a leveling tool, sure, I've used it as that too.. But when I do it, I take 3-5 hecklers or a complete dyna-camp in one kite (RK dynas... SL hurtz), then move on...

The kind of kiting you describe is not what all nt's do when kiting, and saying that people hate kiters for that reason would be like saying that people hate Shades because the-org-with-an-affection-of-the-number-3 are Shades... Or that people hate Agents, because agents gank.. or w/e else you choose to put in there

Now, I hope you don't take it as flaming, it's not ment to be that. I'm simply putting in my point of view on the matter.
    As a team>kite NT I think that kiting is a tool useful when farming monster parts (Rhinomen ftw) and in some cases xp. It's also a valuable tool when soloing dyna-bosses, since NT's are kinda squishy.

No offense intended, and I hope none is taken

A very interesting thread and some avalid points from the OP. Most still ring true to date, which is a shame considering the post date.

While my main toon is a keeper, I do have an NT alt. I'll be honest, my NT halt was originally born to be a money machine, kiting for monster parts and tips from people on kite hill.

However, for a while I've been starting to have a bit of a love afair with her.

I learned a lot about the game while raising my lil NT, including how taunting works, finding myself highly frustrated that all the way up the NT progression, most of the RK nukes have an absolutely -insane- taunt to them, ON TOP OF the normal damage taunt. Yet we are so squishy. It has only really been Elysium where my NT has not participated in a "team" in the proper sense (while as hated as we are, there's always kite teams aplenty, and people wanting in). She teamed most of her way from noob island and Nascense and has now started teaming in Adonis.

It is absolutely amazing how many people forget how useful an NT is to have in a team. PNH/IOR for the other casting classes, its amazing how much better a Dr can do when they don't ever, ever, run out of nano. Blinds/calms on mobs to make the tanks job a lot easier (a lot of teams I've been involved in, I've ended up pulling with a calm on an alternative mob). With my keeper, I rarely join a pen mish UNLESS there's an NT on the team. NTs have the best calms and all around support for the classes that you simply MUST have in a pen mish (Doctors, Enforcers).

I am digressing likely. My point to all that was, people bitch and moan and flame NTs, and sadly forget all that an NT is really worth except for when they found their selves teamed with one in which case they always remember ZOMG PLS PLZ, or of course if an NT happenss to be handing around Old Athens/Rome/Borealis, then ZOMG NS PLZ MAKE ME AN IMPLANT PLZ.

My plast point (and I am sorry if I am getting lost here, I just woke up), is one a little more grave.

I am actually scared, in Ely, with my NT (I still need cash from time to time, and dammit sometimes kiting is fun) unless I just blindly allow who ever in to my team. Even if I don't want a team, or I only want specific teams in, I have no choice. Why? Because if I don't, I get bullied, and its the only reason my NT stays as long on the shelf as she does, as this is absolutely appalling, and ridiculous.

Here are some examples:

I am in mid kiting, with a full team. Because someone was able to get into the team due to it being full, they've gone and got their 214 NT friend (yes, 214) to come and just take the kite from me. 214s don't even get XP/SK from Ely hecks!

Other NTs ruining my kites to then come and take the spot for themselves.

Other NTs logging their "main" to get a flag on my AoE and gank me.

People threatening to come and make sure I won't kite/level for the next four hours because I kicked them off the team for being an ass/ruining kites/being obnoxious.

There's more I could mention but I am already becoming depressed. People who have a bug up their ass about kiting, take note: GET LOST, grow up, go and kill some of the 342673426 hecks elsewhere in Ely, god knows there's a shed load of them to choose from. I and other NTs who aren't dicks pay to play this game like everybody else, who the hell do you think you are ruining what little fun NTs get just because you don't get a free ride on a kite team.

This juvinile behaviour has lead to me, when I DO kite, to not having Omnis/Neutras in my team unless they pay me (its amazing how much less trouble you get from the opposing faction if they're paying precious creds to level) and if clan cause **** then I go to their org and it -usually- gets resolved. Its a sad state, when I was more naive I just recruited the first 5 people I saw regardless of side.

You freeloaders need to get a grip. You're not ENTITLED to get a free ride, sat afk while a nice NT spends twice the time levelling as they would on their own so be grateful that enough of us would rather try and avoid hassle by letting you in the team.

Oh and I have enough friends/alts of my own to make sure you don't ruin my fun for very long. There's always someone bigger and it is not unusual for me to stop kiting on my NT and log my main to help another NT out who is being harrassed. This has got to stop, and now. If you don't like the small number of things an NT can do, bitch at Funcom, don't take it out on us.

Until kiting is made impossible (Funcom seem to edge further and further toward this being an impossible task with each passing patch) and more to the point, NOT against the rules, I will continue to kite as well as take part in teams. People forget that not EVERYONE always want to be in a team, or that it is hard to find a team (moreso for an NT) and NTs CANNOT go toe to toe with mobs at comparable levels SO WE HAVE TO KITE.

I for one am determined to stamp this out, I suggest other NTs do the same.
    Last edited by Hacre; Sep 5th, 2006 at 10:07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette View Post
    Don't blame the NTs for this. In my experience this happens for the following reasons:

FC bug. Not our fault.

Someone just decided to screw up a kite for an hapless NT. Not our fault.

Again classic example of the NT taking the heat for stuff that isn't our fault and we're the scape goat once again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234