Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

With a sigh Gwen gets into her yalm and sets it on auto-pilot. Rubbing her head from the pounding hangover she was suffering.

"Ugh... ok so drinking wasn't the best idea...but thats not surprizing" she said to herself as she opened her inventory producing a slender "legal" stim and injected it hoping it would vanquish her headache. "thats better" she whispered as she drifted off to sleep.

Jolted awake by a warning alarm in the yalm, Gwen sits up and looks out the yalms window.
    "what the f..." she cuts herself off as she takes over control of the vehicle. "Nice, fall asleep and now Im out in this Damned desert... where am I?" she stated as the map entered into the large dash panel of the yalm pinpointing her location.
    "I hate this weather." She mumbled as she let the vehicle hoover while the sand and winds pounded away sending it into a brief spin. "whooa whoa...ok better set em down before I die in this sand trap".. she said but was cut off mid thought.
    The alert on her comm distracted her, causing her to acess her director. Wide eyed she stared in disbelief.
    Lightning struck the yalm causing it to violently shake, disabling the power for at least a short time.
    "Damnit... now this" she muttered as struggled to get the vehicle to land safely.

Smacking her director she watched fixed on the light by the name. "no.. this must be a malfunction."...suddenly anger filled her. Putting on her helmet she disengaged the vehicle and began to run through the sand, her optical map leading her in the right direction.

She stood outside of the building ...how long she had no idea.
    The wind and sand whipped around her, she was oblivious to it till she started feeling the stinging of sand against her skin.

"the Rusty Wench... ok.. so now what Gwen... go in or stand out here?...I just have to see.. this has to be a malfunction" she said to herself again as she closed her directory and slowly opened the door stepping inside just slightly enough to look around.

Amelie sat quietly at one end of the bar sipping her coffee. She smiled and nodded to the returning Atrox and kitty but never let her focus stay too long on anyone in the room. Vapid - it had always served her well as a shield. She smiled faintly staring off at nothing in particular...she could see with her peripheral vision as a nanomage woman slinked back into a corner & an atrox ate something. Her mind was working through a million things at once. She had missed the pre-arranged time to link up with her contact and the sand storm was making any message difficult. But Ava' would know where she was - and Ava' would wait for her...and for the right time.

Amelie smiled for real now as she sipped more coffee.

* Rubing her head and looking at the data she intered she sighs and decides to brave the last of the storm not able to stay any longer. Pushing back from the table she leaves the credits for her coffee and a little something extra for Damon. Staggering slightly from her head ach she heads for the door and disapears into the last of the storm.*

Unobtrusively, he looks over the latest guest but decides that she is neither a danger nor in danger (at this time) and just as descreetly he watches the young woman leave.
    Getting no alarming messages from his row of sentries he returns his attention to his serving of delicious, steaming hot pie.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Ok..the winds were slowing down. The storm didn't look like it would flay a person's skin off anymore, so Incyro pulled her coat around her, and wrapped a scarf around her face before putting a nomad helmet on. She got ready as quietly as she could, then headed to the door, nodding a 'bye' to the barkeeper.

Come what may, she didn't much like to stay at one place, and even if she hated sand, the howling storm *was* calming down and she couldn't possibly see what sort of work she'd stumble over in there anyway.

Opening the door, shuddering at the sandstorm and then closing the door again, she left the Rusty Wrench.

The comm-link to his ride buzzes in the back of his mind, alerting him to some change in it's environment, and he puts it in primary mode. Apparantly the storm is blowing itself out (or the entire craft is buried in the sand) so he decides to go back to his paperwork, which he don't expect to have taken care of itself in his absence.
    Switching the comm-link to secondary mode again, he asks for some more sandwiches to go and a thermos of coffee, then runs his credit disk through the slot, adding a tip.
    As an afterthought, he activates a tactical/strategic evaluation program and orders it to analyze his position and decide on the best way to get out of the bar safely. Well, not the bar itself but the surrounding desert.

"See y'all later, folks. Take care now!"
    He heads out in the very last of the storm, closing the door behind him.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Looks back over her shoulder at the small Opifex in the doorway and immediately recognizes the ponytails of d00m

Gwennie!!! Come in and have a cider with me!

Brushes the dust off the bar stool next to her, clearing a space for her sis

Two ciders please, Damon... put it on my tab.
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Damon frowns at the datapad slightly as it scans the structure of the building where the cyborg had burst through. His repairs would work for now, but he would have to reinforce it sometime soon. He lays the pad down and looks up, then smiles across the bar at Gwen.

"Nah, its on the house," he says as he sets the pair of bottles down on the bar. "Hey there Gwen." he says smiling happily. "Its good to see you."
    Damon 'Korejar' Thompon
    ~Society of Salvation~
    Living Life at the Rusty Wrench

Official Chewtoy of Regulas and Timelapse
    Foil makes a dandy hat to keep the sun out of your eyes.... as well as Regulas's mind control rays out of your brain!

((Writing as Annmarie Gunner, Soldier, TBC.))

"Damned yalm. Damned Bar.... bar?"

Fullbore lifted her head a little more as it appeared on her heads up display, thankfully the storm had died out a quite a bit but she still kept the heavy cloak on, her face wrapped in a scarf, hood pulled up tight.

Licking her dry lips at the thought of a shot of Hit the Floor, she continued to march forward, one heavy boot after the other. Night was coming and the air seemed to get cooler by the moment, quickening her pace. A bar...out here... she thought to herself, removing her Perennium Blaster from beneath her cloak checking its contents. The huge Slayerdroid came into view suddenly but she didn't seem to notice.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, she had a sudden urge to kick the door in and kill everything inside, but something told her that she might not get the drink she was looking for, had she done it.

Pushing the door open, noticing a few people, her targeting sensors chimed loudly because of the employees that were in the room. Suddenly more than uncaring, she walked to the bar, tossed the Blaster on to it and began shaking the sand out of everything she owned, completely oblivious to the eyes glancing at her.

"Hey...Two shots of hit the floor and a bottle of water."
    Last edited by Astera; Apr 8th, 2005 at 22:24:12.

Panting and wheezing Joshua "Llucioth" Isgro dragged a struggling form through the threshhold of a submerged laboratory. One of them, anyways. Biotech facilities are a dime-a-dozen in Rubi-ka's desert enviroments. Joshua figured it was the isolation. Though perhaps it was just some millenia old cliche that rogue scientists never grew out of? Maybe when those dejected men of science utter "Fools! I'll show them all!", they really mean "Show as few people as possible".

In the midst of this mental tangent, the squirming mess of labcoat attempted to land an elbow in Joshua's solar plexus, managing to strike a rib, instead. Already irritated, Joshua tightened the garrote while shrinking its diameter, causing the wire to dig further into the skin. The fear of death (And with the destruction of his notes, the subsequent loss of the last weeks research.) had kept the Doctor quiet so far. Apparently it had only taken him ten minutes to get up the nerve to strike back. It took considerably less time for the Doctor's eyes to roll back into his head. Joshua released the loose end of the garrotte, allowing the unconscious form to slump to the ground. He brought his conscious thoughts to his Comm. He couldn't take this one through the public grid. Fortunately, the Protectorate had arrangements for these occasions.

"One to pick up." Joshua waited, Frowned, and allowed the garrote to slowly retract into his left wrist. "Delays, delays. I trust it you'll have this sorted out in short order?"
    His frown deepened.
    "Not quite soon enough, for my tastes. Just let me know when you do."

Joshua heaved the comatose body over his shoulder, setting his NCU to undergo emulation of the Enforcer profession in some hope of easing the load.

"In the meantime, didn't Damon set up a place somewhere around here?

Still feeling a bit numb Gwen forces herself to move from the entrance of the bar as she sidesteps the doorway. Hearing Meta's greeting snaps her from the jumbled thoughts racing around her mind. Shaking her head slighty comming back to her sences she glances around overstepping the remains of a destroyed cyborg and smirks slightly as she sits near her Sis.

"hmm looks like I missed the excitement hmm?" Gwen says softly as she slips the helmet off. "Thanks" she said as she glanced up at Damon.

Taking a quick sip of her drink she smiles at Meta. "Thanks for the Drink Sis, but I gotta go. I seen the weather was clearing up as I came in here. I just had to check something out." Putting her drink down Gwen leaves a credit datachip on the table and manages a smile.

"I'll see ya back in civilization" she smirks at her Sis and slips her helmet back on as she stands.

"Take Care" she says outloud, walking to the door and slipping back out into the desert.

pouts a little watching her sis rush off. Then she turns back to the bar and clings the two remaining bottles together
    hmmnn... more for me
    Cheers!
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net

Woohooooo, steelyglint screamed to the sky, but to the causal observer, it would of been the high pitched screech of a parrot. For hours steely had been drifting above the storm, rideing the thermal currents, diveing head first down to the very edge of the storm, before flattening out at the very last second, skirting it and climbing up again with the beat of his powerful wings. The danger of course, was that he would pick the wrong thermal and be sucked into the maelstrom below him and spread over the terrain for the wildlife to pick at. The risk though to him was well worth the adrenalin reward. It was his way of rewarding himself for successfuly raiding an outlying omni-tek outpost and stealing some of their lastest comm equipment. He hoped the Company's Captain would be pleased with the results and valuable intelligence would be gleaned from it.

The storm eventually overtook him, leaveing him to fly under his own power." Oh well, the fun's over", he thought to himself. "Now to find a grid term or whompah".
    Steely didnt see any of these though, but he did spot a neon sign down below him." Ahh a bar, surely they'd know where one is from here. may as well ask and get a quick drink, caffinated preferably". He chuckled to himself.

Landing next to the slayer door guard, he eyed it dubiously. Slayers wernt exactly his favorite thing, great when they are on your side though. He had witnessed the results of a slayer with a self-destruct mechanism first hand.

The memory lingered in his mind for a few moments as he demorphed, entered the building. Steely ignored the curious glances that his pink mohawk normally drew as he walked through the room, accidently bumping into someone when arriveing at bar. Looking at the bartender he placed his order. "Coffee please, the strongest u have".

Steely turned to the apologize to the person he had bumped while he waited for his coffee to arrive. He broke into a broad grin. "Well hello fullbore fancy running into u here".

Steelyglint
    Leftenant of The Black Company

Silverstone: Get off your asses, kids, we're under attack!
    Last edited by steelyglint; Apr 23rd, 2005 at 14:01:55.

Amelie somehow managed to find the odd little bar again though it took many circling flights to finally spot the glowing wrench that marked the locale. She gave a few final swift wing beats towards the door, remembering this time to cancel the Reet nano before entering. Inside it was still the same as if time itself did not exist in here.

"Hey there, got any coffee?" She smiles warmly walking up to the bar.

Distant sound of voices crept into Ivanelme's ears. He had spotted the noise only 2 clicks from his current location and decided he had to find the source. The storm blured his vision making it hard for him to see the twin suns of Rubi-Ka to orient his poition. Bust as if a sign from Shere himself the bar appeared before him.

A quant little building defying, small in size, or at least smaller then expectations had allowed him to believe the place would be, stood like a tower in the desert sands of where ever Ivanelme was. Moving slowly through the storm he made his way to this hopeful eden that awaited him. It wasn't till he came a good ways closer that he noticed the slayer droid standing at the doorway, an odd machine to see at such a place, but considering the location anything was possible. Reaching the steps he threw his hood slightly back to see as much as he could before entering.

Standing in the door, a slinder and short Opifex male waled in, his daggers at the side of his hip held by a black belt, attached to a black cloak with a black hood covering his head. His face barely visible he stepped foward and found a seat at the bar. Hunched over the table he gathered his thoughts and recovered from the storm he had been so unexpeidly thrown into. The sounds of the people were as loud as expected, throwing him off still as the bar looked smaller inside then outside.

"What can I get you?" A man asked, looking at him with a smile. "Have any Scottish Wiskey?" Ivanelme asked adding, "and Bronto Burgers?" Short and simple the man's reply was "Yes." "I guess I'll just take that then." Ivanelme replied as he began to walk toward the darkest cornor of the bar.

Dejectedly trotting through the twilight, Drehgo could just make out the faint outline of a building in the distance. Still concerned with finding Mr. Razzleton before the bot met some terrible end, Drehgo decided it'd be best to chat with the locals. Maybe someone had seen the bot here. Upon a closer look, the place creeped him out a bit, at first....something about a big wrench...all rusty and neglected looking...it stirred distant feelings of dread in him. Shrugging it off, he nodded to the droid at the entrance and walked inside.

The bar wasn't eactly what he'd call big, but there were a dozen or so people, at least. For being so small, the bar was fairly noisy. One of the patrons...an omni by his cloak, sat in a corner, adjusting a transceiver, which made scratching noises and static... no one else seemed to mind.

A couple of especially dense-looking 'trox were in the back corner, crowded around a small table playing some kind of card game. At least...it looked like a game...with these 'trox who's to say what they were up to with those tiny craniums. They seemed to be enjoying themselves though, as every now and then one of them would let out a satisfied "duurrr" sort of noise, and slap a cohort on the shoulder, laughing.

Drehgo walked up to the bar, and motioned to the bartender with an index finger. The bartender put down the glass he was cleaning, walking over to Drehgo, who spoke up. "Hiya, there, chum. What's the news in these parts?"

"Not much, bud, not much. Got an electrical storm comin' in...apparently it's already frazzed the local omni comm-tower." He nodded in the direction of the man in the omni cloak. "Apparently they had to evacuate...something about a line rupture or some such. Other than that, been pretty quite."

"I ask because I'm on the hunt for a lost...uhh...pet, of sorts. Looks vaguely like a mech-dog, only he's orange." Drehgo explained, looking hopefully at the bartender.

"Nope, can't say I've seen somethin like that. I think I'd remember somethin that crazy-lookin'."

"You're sure? Not even any rumors? Anyone else mention seein' him?"

"Nope, sorry bud."

"Damn, well...gimme a shot o' bourbon, would ya?"

"Sure thing, bud."

A loud boom of distant thunder rumbled through the bar. The omni stopped and grumbled to himself for a seconds, before renewing his tinkering. The 'trox in the corner continued their...whatever it was...unabated. Drehgo let out a sigh, and drank the shot.

Thunder boomed in, closer, a few seconds later. "Just my luck" Drehgo mumbled to himself. Phreaking into the grid during this storm probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do...he was stuck here for the time being.

As the next rolling boom vibrated through the bar, another figure walked into the bar, wearing light omni infantry armor. He looked around the room, saw the man in the cloak, and walked over to him. "Ahh, there you are, Drixx. Man, this storm is nuts...bringin' out all kinds o' crazies. Saw the strangest thing a min ago..."

Drehgo's head lifted up a little, as he listened in on their conversation.
    "There was this crazy little tin-can guy, waddling as fast as he could across the road about a quarter mile back. The funny thing was he had a leesh, and this ugly orange 1st gen mech-dog in tow. Damn strangest thing I seen all month." Drixx let out a distracted chuckle. "huh, yeah that's pretty odd..."

Drehgo almost fell off his stool. "a half mile back you said?!?" he asked frantically.

Turning, the soldier looked at Drehgo curiously. "What, you know that little thing or somethin?"

"Never mind there's no time...a quarter mile back...heading in what direction?"

"West I think..."

"Thanks!" and with that, Drehgo darted out of the bar, his silloutte in the
    doorway as lightning flashed...and then he was gone.

((see this thread for more on the missing Mr. Razzleton--> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?t=414017))
    Last edited by screwtape; Sep 30th, 2005 at 19:16:52. Reason: spaced the paragraphs

*Xaun sits sleepily in her passengers compartment, onboard the Galaxian Vessel enroute to Edonia IV, reviewing a rare book recently added to her collection*

*flips a page glancing over a diagram describing solar/lunar cycle shifts of Rubika*

*the words begin to blur as she tries to continue reading... she rubs her eyes*

*Yawns covering her mouth*

*nods off*

Ivanelme sat in the cornor thinking about how he could have been so unexpecidle warped into this unknown region. Last he could remember was taking the wompath to Jobe from Rome Green and then, pop, he was thrust into this storm. He never cared much for Rubi-Ka, the suns seemed to blind him, and the weather was just as bad.
    "Here you go sir, a bottle of Wiskey and a Bronto Burger." The bartender said has he handed Ivanelme his order. "Thanks," Ivanelme said.
    Ivanelme went back to his thoughts, pulling his blades out to check them, the white armor of the Omni-Pol officer caught his eye. He watched and tried to hear his conversation, all he could make out was "a mech-dog" and then some commotion from his snached all though from his eaves dropping. Startled his almost jumped, but decided to remain seated, the only thing he knew was he felt somewhat secure knowing there was some sembliance of Omni-Tek here, wherever here was.

Looking up, I try to remember the last time I was here and smile softly. Opening the door slowly, trying to keep it from being caught by the wind. I shield my eyes against the lights. Moving slowly to the bar, I sit down and pull a small data pad out and lay it on the bar.

" Long time no see Damon. Coffee black if its fresh.. hell even if it's not I need something to wash away this dust."

Laying the small data pad on the bar I look around hoping to see him, knowing he is not near since all I can feel is a slight tug on my mind, I sigh and sip the coffee placed before me. How long has it been since we where seperated? I lost track weeks ago. I keep thinking I will wake up and be in our apt trying to get him to share the covers and laughing as he pulls me close for our morning kiss. Why did we leave Rubi-ka anyway?..I cant seem to remember anymore. After the crash on that mud hole they called Sabain, and the weeks I spend healing I wonder if he knows I am alive? They told me untill I regained conscience they had no idea who I was. Dam back water planet didnt even have a real hospital. Looking around I see a few people I know but cant bring myself to interact.

" Damon, If you see Devven..Well can you give him this data pad for me? I.. it was good to see you again.."

Slowly sliding the data pad over, and a few credits to cover the coffee I make my way once again to the door, hoping he will walk thru it before I leave but knowing in my heart he wont.Smiling sadly I wave and disapear into the darkness.
    Amanda"Luvii"Sahadumn
    Doctor of Omni-Tek

Talking

It was a usual night - cold wind, dust, glowing eyes of those nasty sand demons. Everything was "as usual" except for one thing - I was lost....
    lost in a middle of nowhere ....
    In a times like this I often ask myself: "Is that Enlightment realy worth price that your brothers and sisters paid for it Serjozka? Why am I looking for it? Why can't I just settle somewhere aroind Newland or Rome? Am I that hopeless ? Questions... More qestions ... But where are answers?"

*A moment later he had to stop his day dreaming and prepare for battle , a hudge slayerdroing without any faction signs appeared out of nowhere.*

- What are You doing here? - Serjozka yelled and suddenly understood that his "Friend" is nothing more then a walking piece of armor with a couple of sharp crystal claws welded to it.

(BUMPZOR)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast