Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARK for a DAY

ARK for a DAY

I wasn't sure where this would be best placed. So I put it here. I stumbled across this article today and thought it would be good reading for everyone. This may or may not change your views of the ARK program. I hope it makes you understand what they do, and how much they have to care in order to do what they do.

http://aovault.ign.com/thegame/ARKforaDay/

WHOA!

Looking at those pictures...I'd LOVE to go see what sort of life ARKs lead someday

I would also love to be an ARK...too bad I'm not 18.

ROFL...Maybe for a few days, they could have tour guide ARKs-In-Training lead people through the zone

Personally, I think that if you're under 18 you have to be interviewed- but not shut out totally... :\
    Last edited by MissMaul; Jun 25th, 2002 at 01:52:21.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Well, I don't think people below 18 would work out well as ARK's - nothing against age and all, but doing CSR work takes a certain amount of maturity and self-control that a lot of teenagers lack these days. (No offense, just from personal observation - I know a lot of you young babies can be mature )

Just not sure though whether it really works out well, I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl but I doubt I meet the time requirements that are needed.

Oh well

Yes, I do know that the majority of people my age (13) are extremely immature. I can't STAND anyone my own age. I just personally think that they should at least consider people under 18
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

LOL, heh.. I remember, 2 years ago back in High School, I couldnt stand anyone my own age either.... so dang immature, so many of them so stupid (they were all smoking, doing drugs, all that evil nonsense). Heck, I still cant stand most of them. lol nice to see Im not the only one who feels that way I almost kinda miss that high school though... College is downright boring compared to the inherant craziness of high school lol

Post haha

ARKS have soooo many HPs....

gimmie some

----Crazyhorse---

w00t nice stats for a lv1 lol
    Name: Scarmy
    Breed: Opifex
    Proffesion: Agent
    Level: 41
    Side: Omni-Tech

Name: Scarmy007
    Breed: Atrox
    Proffesion: Enforcer
    Level: 44
    Side: Omni-Tech

But the flip side is that most people over 18 will be probably be in full time employment and unable to devote the 10 squillion hours minimum a week required.

I'd like to be an ARK but I dont get enough time to play as it is.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Wow that report is really nice, and well written. It really puts the ARKs in a new light, the whole "family" feel they have was unknown to me.

Furthermore that zone they live in is cool, I really liked the ARK temple with the giant leet

Can I have those ACs ?
    Had my first spy mission yest (got tired of poisoning Food Dispensers all my life I guess ). And NPC attacked so I kicked his ugly ... Did get the cash though.
    postcount++

I'm 22, and working for the USAF (just got done with my required deployment to the desert, so there's scant chance of that happening again), and I just put in my application to be an ARK. I do newbie-helping runs when I get bored in-game as it is, so I might as well do it officially, yanno?

..Besides, I love helping out, and the chance to be an NPC in one of their events is just too alluring an oppourtunity to miss.
    Blackshere - Opifex Agent - 117/2
    Ascorbin - Atrox Keeper - 105/3
    Troxli - Atrox Martial Artist - 101/2

Wow.. interesting stuff.
    Wasn't like that in my day.

ARKs being able to re-imburse items? Funny.. I thought EA had a nasty court case around that subject. Nice to see FC being brave and taking a stand on issues like this that really help players!

Great read. Found it very interresting but I have one problem with the last petition in it. It said the player got his first name changed. Now a few weeks ago I petitioned to get my last name changed for RP reasons and got told no we dont do that except for weddings. I didnt even get the chance to explain the reasons for wanting the name change.

There really needs to be some set in stone rules that we the players know and all the ARK's and GM's have to follow. I wasnt really upset about being told no until I read that article so I think Ill just send an email to customer support over it now.

Originally posted by Neylana
    Great read. Found it very interresting but I have one problem with the last petition in it. It said the player got his first name changed. Now a few weeks ago I petitioned to get my last name changed for RP reasons and got told no we dont do that except for weddings. I didnt even get the chance to explain the reasons for wanting the name change.

There really needs to be some set in stone rules that we the players know and all the ARK's and GM's have to follow. I wasnt really upset about being told no until I read that article so I think Ill just send an email to customer support over it now.
    I believe that they have always been willing to change FIRST names. It's the NICKNAME and the LAST name that they are more strict about.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    Yes, I do know that the majority of people my age (13) are extremely immature. I can't STAND anyone my own age. I just personally think that they should at least consider people under 18
    The quick answer to this would be because of NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements). I believe when you apply to ARK, you need to sign one, and NDAs are only legally binding to people over 18 years of age.

--Tsk

Name changes

Yes, I had my first name changed a week or two ago and the GM told me that last names can only be changed through marriage to another player. But he happily changed my first name

--Tsk

Err...I've seen quite a few examples of people who've had their last name changed, that had nothing to do with getting married..
    Yagyu for life

ha!

that page is propaganda!!! just like a person can make facts say anything they want, so too can interactions in-game be edited for content or to align with editorial opinion...... as i come across more and more of this kind of stuff i tell the people i know (granted , it does not number in the thousands) to stay as far away from ao not join for my free month... actually, my freindships are worth alot more than $12.99 (friendships i would most likely damage should i "turn them on" to this "game")

Originally posted by Kaiousama
    Err...I've seen quite a few examples of people who've had their last name changed, that had nothing to do with getting married..
    I didn't say that it never happens. I just said that they are more restrictive about it.

I think what a lot of people fail to see is that ARK's have no power whatsoever - they can do a lot of interesting little things but a lot of stuff is escalated up to the GM's.

What people also fail to realise, ARK's are volunteers, and most likely, none of them have any sort of CSR training - which makes it hard to stay professional if your day has sucked, which is why people say ARK's can be so damn *****y and snippy at times. (And yeah they shouldn't be, but the easiest way to find out; get a job doing tech support at an ISP. You'll be insane by the time your 3rd week rolls around hehe)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast