Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Skinning the GUI - A Reference

Skinning the GUI - A Reference

Tools

VBScript Based (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...displaylang=en and search for "vbscript")
    http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder....inner_plus.zip

Java Based (http://www.sun.com/getjava)
    http://www.jm012a3035.pwp.blueyonder...app/aoskin.jar
    http://www.jm012a3035.pwp.blueyonder...app/aoskin.zip

Windows Program
    See this post (appears to be gone)
    See this post (also handles maps and has other features...) - also here

NO LONGER AVAILABLE?
    Perl Based (http://www.activestate.com/)
    http://www.curt.co.uk/AO/AOGUIout.pl
    http://www.curt.co.uk/AO/AOGUIin.pl
    must edit the value assigned to $AOBase to point to your AO folder

The Basics

The GUI consists of several parts. The most obvious are the graphics files.

The basic version of these is found in cd_image\textures\archives and the EP1 version in cd_image\textures\archives-ep1. You'll see 2 files in each folder, the larger being the packed graphcs, the smaller being a text file index to each of the graphics.

We'll be making a new pair if we want to modify any of the graphics for our skin, so I'll explain how these work a bit... By default, the game sets its specified skin to the EP1 files and will look in that for any graphics it needs. If it is unable to find a graphic it needs in the specified skin, then it will instead look in the default basic skin. Because of this fallback behaviour, we really only need to store changed elements in our skin file (including any from the EP1 file we haven't changed but want to ensure are used).

Another thing to be aware of is a lot of these graphics are obsolete, but we'll discuss which ones you may wish to edit in a bit...

Ok, lets start by extracting all the images into a working folder. I'll refer to the Java program here, but you can use the other tools if you prefer.

Copy the files from both folder to the folder the Jar file is in. Double-ckick the Jar file (or run the .BAT file). Next, select "Extract" and specify that you want the standard (non-EP1) graphics. Finally, enter a project name and hit "Go". You'll now have an AOExtract sub-folder, and within that a further sub folder with the name you gave the project. Repeat the above but this time specify that you want the EP1 graphics. This will ensure you have all the right graphics.

Now, as previously mentioned, many of these graphics are not in fact used. The ones we will be most interested in are the following (there are some others too, but a complete list might go on a bit...):

GFX_GUI_ACTIONVIEW_*.PNG - health/nano/xp etc bars
    GFX_GUI_BAR_*.PNG - used by team window?
    GFX_GUI_BORDER01_*.PNG - non-control center buttons : normal state
    GFX_GUI_BORDER03_*.PNG - non-control center buttons : over/hover state
    GFX_GUI_BORDER04_*.PNG - non-control center buttons : pressed/checked state
    GFX_GUI_BORDER3_*.PNG - NPC dialog window
    GFX_GUI_CC_ICONS_*.PNG - control center button icons
    GFX_GUI_CHECKBOX_*.PNG - options checkbox
    GFX_GUI_COMPASS_*.PNG - the compass
    GFX_GUI_CONTROLCENTER_*.PNG - components of the control center (buttons, wings, targetting etc)
    GFX_GUI_DIALOG2_*.PNG - worldmap, tower building etc
    GFX_GUI_DIALOG_HELP_*.PNG - help windows
    GFX_GUI_HOR_BAR_*.PNG - hp/nano/xp bars
    GFX_GUI_INFO_*.PNG - info window
    GFX_GUI_INSET_*.PNG - basic window tabbed area inset
    GFX_GUI_MULTILISTVIEW_*.PNG - boxes used to make inventory, ncu display etc.
    GFX_GUI_PROGRESS01_*.PNG - perk reset progress bar
    GFX_GUI_ROLLUP_*.PNG - docked window control icons
    GFX_GUI_SB_*.PNG - mini-bar buttons
    GFX_GUI_TAB_*.PNG - additional window elements for tabs
    GFX_GUI_TOOLBAR_.PNG - quickbar
    GFX_GUI_WINDOW3_*.PNG - basic window borders
    GFX_GUI_WINDOW_*.PNG - window control icons

Now all you need do is edit the ones you want, and then we can repack them ready for use.

Packing is just as simple as unpacking... just double-click the Jar file (or run the .BAT), pick "Archive", specify basic graphics, enter your project name and press "Go". The new GUIGFX files will be created in the project folder. Now you just need to start AO and on the launcher front page, press "Settings", then press "Advanced Settings", then press "Choose Skin File", pick your new GUIGFX files, "Ok" back to the launcher and start AO...

The other elements that make up the GUI are in "cd_image\gui\default" and consist of a number of XML files. The ones that we can play with most safely are in the ActionMenu sub-folder. The two root files are called LeftMenu.xml and RightMenu.xml and control the contents of the left and right menus respectively.

The first line of each xml file is a standard "I'm an xml file" component (<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes">), it's the lines that follow we're interested in.

So, a brief overview of XML...

An XML file consists of a hierarchy of tagged data, the tags are enclosed in <...> with every tag having to be matched by a closing tag (</...>). There is a single root tag pair (<Menu>...</Menu> in the case of LeftMenu.xml) that encloses everything else.

You'll notice the type="root_left" element, this is an attribute which consists of a name immediately followed by an equals sign and the value which must be enclosed in double quotes. Attributes define additional information about the current tag.

Everything in between the opening tag and its matching closing tag is the tag data, which can be text or more, nested, tags. It is also possible for a tag to enclose no data at all, either by simply having nothing between the opening and closing tags, or more commonly by merging the opening and closing tags into a single tag by ending the opening tag with ' />' rather than just '>' (note the leading space) - e.g. <SetValue name="perk_window" value="false" />.

Note also, that XML is case sensitive!

Right, with that crappy introduction to XML out of the road, lets do something useful... add the following code at the end of LeftMenu.xml between the last </MenuEntry> and the closing </Menu>:

Code:
    <MenuEntry label="Clear" button_mode="button" criteria="dvalue:cc_compass==true">
        <Actions event="on_invoke">
            <SetValue name="cc_compass"         value="false" />
        </Actions>
    </MenuEntry>
    <MenuEntry label="Restore" button_mode="button" criteria="dvalue:cc_compass==false">
        <Actions event="on_invoke">
            <SetValue name="cc_compass"         value="true" />
        </Actions>
    </MenuEntry>
    The <MenuEntry>...</MenuEntry> tag pairs defines new buttons. The label attribute defines the text that appears on it and the criteria attribute specifies when our button should appear (the button_mode defines the menu behaviour in some way).

Inside that is an <Actions>...</Actions> tag pair that specifies what the button does. It has an event attribute which specifies what event causes this action (on_invoke in this case, meaning when we click on it).

Inside that we have a bunch of <SetValue /> self-terminated tags, these have a name attribute and a value attribute. These allow us to set internal variables (as specified by the name="..." attribute) to a specific value (as specified by the value="..." attribute), in this case the state of the named windows to false (closed) or true (open).

Secifically, the Clear button closes the compass window whilst the restore button does the opposite. The use of the criteria attribute to check on the status of the compass window causes the two buttons to toggle, so pressing Clear hides the compass, which causes the Clear button criteria to be false (hiding the Clear button) and causes the Restore criteria to be true (showing the Restore button).

Please PM any corrections or suggestions to this
    Last edited by Darkbane; Apr 16th, 2006 at 19:01:54.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Feng-GUI

Ok, so those are the basics. And if you look at the standard XML files, or at some of the 3rd party skin XML files you can probably figure this stuff out... but we'll look at a few things of note here...

You can have multiple <Action>...</Action> tags within a <MenuEntry>, even with the same event, which can be useful if you want different criteria to apply to each action.

Criteria have qualifiers that go before them. The common two are dvalue: for GUI element names/configuration variables and s: for internal game variables. You can do some interesting stuff in this way.

Sub-menus are defined in seperate XML files and referred to by an entry like <Menu label="Emotes" sub_script="SocialMenu.xml" />.

Some menu buttons refer to special elements, an example being the perk menu which only shows perk actions you have, these have a special format (<Menu label="Perk Actions" special_action_category="AM_CATEGORY_PERKS" criteria="active_item_count>0" /> in the case of perks... check the standard XML for more examples).

Testing meus... Ctrl+Shift+F7, Actions Tab, Reload Menus button... forces a reload of all the XML files. And on The DistValues you can find the internal variables the game uses for the GUI...

More information will be added here as people figure things out and share that information.

Examples

Skins tested with 16.0

UniGUI
    DBSkin 1.4 (sample)
    chivskinAI <- link broken
    Raeyll's AO Client Skin
    Misato's Notum Dovvetech remake

These are player made skins that are available and are known to be compatible with the 15.9 GUI (most will work fine with 16.0, though there may be issues with some and the options panel, but that's what the clean GUI files below are for )

Unofficial Jimskin (15.9)
    Official InternalGUI (15.9)
    FoxyGUI
    mmofusion.com GUI

(Unofficial InternalGUI (15.9) - for reference)

These skins have not been tested with 15.9 and may not fully work. or they may work just fine... (if you try one and have no issues with it, let me know so I can update this list).

Symbskin-0.D
    Rightskin

Please PM any corrections or suggestions to this

Clean 17.2.0 GUI files

17.2.0 Default GUI XML Files
    Last edited by Darkbane; Mar 14th, 2007 at 19:39:13.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

Thanx for taking the time and effort to gather everything from the old monster thread here Dark

Can we get this one rooted though and the old one derooted?
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Very good work Darkbane, switched the threads.
    Sage Forums Advisor Rokinar
    ARK Community Relations

~{ Advisors of Rubi-Ka }~
    ~{ Social Guidelines }~

hum nice, thx for this thread

Hmmm.... You seems to be on the right track Darkbane. I think we will have to take away your text editor

Just a couple of notes. The "ccfg:" prefix is just an alias for "dvalue:". It's still there for backward compatibility but since the aliases (there is several more) slow down the parser a bit, I'm probably going to remove them some day.

And since the screen position and "scripth-path" for the left/right menus are defined in Views/ControlCenter.xml now (you can have as many menus you want, and put them wherever you want) the type="root_left" and type="root_right" tags are no longer used.

Hi!

Great Guide, Darkbane! But you forgot to mention my favourite skin *g*

-> chivskinAI
    • Space saving menu for easy navigation and quick acess to important windows.
    • Petmenu.xml including submenu "duel" with /petduel scripts.
    • Aggdef slider correctly scaled in 1/8 steps.
    • Health/Nano/XP bars modified.
    • Buttons in Planetmap changed to fit the style of the other buttons.
    • Offline friends shown with grey bulett (instead of red).

Update Sep 7th, 2004
    • Graphics according 15.6.3 updated.
    • Health/Nano/XP bars corrected.
    • Timerbar modified.
    Greets from RK3!

Last edited by Chivana; Sep 7th, 2004 at 23:41:07.
    Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustür stattfindet...

Looks good mate, bar one typo.

An XML file consists of a hierarchy of tagged data, the tags are enclosed in <...> with every tag having to be matched by a closing tag (<\...>). There is a single root tag pair (<Menu type="root_left">...</Menu> in the case of LeftMenu.xml) that encloses everything else.
    Closing tag would be </...>

My skin is ready for release, I just need some hosting sorted. If anyone wants to lend some untill I get mine back up and running let me know and Ill send it over for you.

Out of the Tinkering pit and into the Coding Fray!

After spending about 5 minutes thinking of a semi-witty topic name I'll get on with it. :P

So, youve modified your exsisting menus. Youve added stuff using Funcoms images?

Pah, your with the big boys and girls now. You want your OWN menus, you want your own images and hell yes you want transparency on them too.

Here ill try to do a basic breakdown of controlling elements on the screen, adding your own images and how they work. Un-fortuneately (at least for the time being) the GUI is locked down a fair amount in terms of how much you can add yourself.

For example custom rollovers, varied buttons for multiple menus, the position of things liketarget HP bars and variables are all hard-coded into the game. But dont fret, theres still a fair amount we can do!

Images

Making your own
    Well, your pretty much open the anything here.

As long as its saved as a PNG it should work. Pure Green (R0, G255, B0) is AO's Transparency colour.

ANYTHING in your image which is pure green will appear transparent and show the game behind it. Default examples utilising transparency are Target Blocks. You know those rectangle corners you egt when you click one someone? Yup one big green image with the corner bits drawn in. Simple huh?

When saving it, try to keep a consitent naming pattern either inline with AOs, or your own. It makes things so much simpler when creating your XML files.

GFX_GUI_CUSTOM_MYIMAGE1 for example is a good name.

Modifying exsisting images

Once extracted you will see theres a hell of alot of them. For a COMPLETLY custom GUI theres so many border sections and parts it seems quite a mess. Dont be overwhelmed, you can achieve a fair amount without changing the Core sections of the GUI.

Some groundrules first. If its something integral to the GUI (and im talking size here) try to keep the image the same size. Some things on the GUI wont like being bigger than they should be, hardcode can sometimes cause what would normally work somewhere to not work elsewhere.

Here is a good example, the 'Ignored' image. If the size of the image is changed, or location of text moved you could well see it dissappearing. I wanted to push it above the persons name, so I added about 50 pixels of Transparency to the bottom, alas it didnt appear. The way the code was handling this particular image meant it wouldn't actually show.

Thats about it really, now some tips.

ButtonX_state1, ButtonX_state2, ButtonX_state3!? Three? What the hell.

This bits simple state 1 is 'idle' this is what it looks when no mouse cursor is hovering above the image. State 2 is on MouseOver and state3 is on mouse down, or toggled on.

ButtonX and ButtonX_HIGHE simply Button at idle (normal) and button on highlight (Rollover)

Wow there horsey! I made my image black, but its a funny shade of blue! some elements of the GUI will apply a blue hue to your image. The Agg/Def bar is actually yellow for example. Not all parts of the GUI do this, but for the best part (menus, wings and buttons) do.

I havent yet found a workaround for this, I will do some colour comparisons at some point to see if its possible to give your base image a blue deffiency which when hued by the GUI looks a bit closer to the original colour, but we shall see

Once modified just save over the original (in PNG format of course) using exactly (case and all) the same name.

For adding/using your own custom made images consult the Adding your own Menu and Button section to follow.
    Last edited by Internalfire; Sep 7th, 2004 at 11:28:14.

Adding your own menus and buttons

This section goes hand in hand with each other, so it makes it a bit simpler!

You will need to read the Controlcenter.xml section after following this bit because your own elements wont appear untill you define them, dont worry about this for now. Lets just make something!

Every menu and button has common settins so lets look at them.

bgicon="id:GFX_GUI_CUSTOM_MYIMAGE1" This controls the background image for a file. The value will always be id:name_of_image_without_extension" The above would use an image I made called name_of_image_without_extension.png I made and then further re-compiled into a skin file.

name="name" this controls what the button does if its a Funcom element. if this was name="mission_window" then when the button was clicked it would open the Mission Window. Consult the default XML fiels to get a look at what all the different names are. Leave this blank (name="") if this is going to be a custom made menu not controlling something of Funcoms.

label="name" quite simply a label for your button label="My button!!!" for example would create a button with the text My button!!! in it.

tooltip="text" this is the first section of the tooltip options. This controls what is diaplyed in the 'Header bar' for the tool tip dialogue.

tooltip_body="text" this is the second section fo the tool tip dialogue, this is the main body of the tool tip.

All of the above goes within your <Menu> tags for each individual entry you do. You will get a better overview in the following exmaples.

Lets have a look at a complete Button!

Code:
    <MenuEntry label="Missions" 
              bgicon="id:GFX_GUI_CUSTOM_MYIMAGE1"
              name="mission_window" 
              tooltip="Missions"
              tooltip_body="Clicking this button will show the mission window where you can review what Quests or Missions you are currently assigned">
    </MenuEntry>
    Lets place this in the top of the Left Menu, it will gie us a button, showing your graphic, labelled Missions which when clicked will open the mission window.

Open up leftmenu.xml and copy paste it between <Menu type="root_right"> and the next <Menu label= section.

Fire up ao and look in your left menu, you should have your own custom button, Nice!

So now youve mastered the formation of a button, we can apply it to making a menu.

The base button for launching the menu uses the exact same method as above, except we need to add the process of loading up a menu.

Don... sub_script=

When this is appleid to a button it tells Ao that when clicked, I want you to load another XML file with this name (it must be in the same folder as your base menu)

So, lets start with a base using the example above.

open up notepad and add the following:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes">
    <Menu type="root_left">
    <Menu label="My Menu" 
              bgicon="id:GFX_GUI_CUSTOM_MYIMAGE1"
              subscript="Ubermenu.xml" 
              tooltip="My Menu"
              tooltip_body="Access to my Ubér Menu">
    </Menu>
    </Menu>
    the line <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"> makes the XMl a 'standalone' piece of code, this allows us to add it anywhere and have it work on itself.

<Menu type="root_left"> just defines what side of the screen it will be on, and what side the buttons branch from (Suppsoedly we dont ened this anymore, but we shall leave it in untill Ive tested otherwsie :P). The additional closing </Menu> tag just closes off this additional line.

Right, this is the first bit done. Save As Mymenu Make sure Type is set to "all files" and save it appending the XML extension (You should have Mymenu.xml in the save dialogue)

Next we need to add the menu section.

Open a new clean Notepad file and add the following.

Code:
    <MenuEntry label="Hi!" button_mode="button">

<Actions event="on_invoke"> <RunChatScript value="/ Hi!" />
     </Actions>

</MenuEntry>
    <MenuEntry> is the code we use to add a simple menu entry to a button. Closed by </MenuEntry>

Between the actions tags we have a simple chat command.

Save it as Ubermenu the same way as before. You will now have 2 new XML files in the actionmenu folder. Mymenu.Xml and Ubermenu.xml

Now we need to add this to your GUI.

Locate Controlcenter.xml in your Views folder one level up from the ActionMenu folder.

Right click it and Edit, or fire it up in notepad.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes">
    <root>
    	<View view_layout="stacked" activate_criteria="dvalue:cc_control_center">
    <View view_layout="horizontal">
    This section should not be touched, it just controls how the GUI handles different components.

Lets have a look at an existing block and what it does.

Code:
    <View view_layout="vertical" h_alignment="LEFT">
    	<VLayoutSpacer/>
    		<View name="LeftWingDock"
    		activate_criteria="dvalue:cc_section1 && dvalue:cc_left_wing && dvalue:cc_left_bar"
    		layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)"
    		fade_group="cc_left_fade_group"/>
    </view>
    The above may differ slightly from default (im using the Skin files I have changed which are avilabel to me)

The bit we are interested in is the

Code:
    <View name="LeftWingDock"
    		activate_criteria="dvalue:cc_section1 && dvalue:cc_left_wing && dvalue:cc_left_bar"
    		layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)"
    		fade_group="cc_left_fade_group"/>
    </view>
    <View view_layout="vertical" h_alignment="LEFT"> just defines that anythign between this line and the last closing </view> tag for this section is going to be on the left hand side of the GUI.

name="" this is the section which si going to be defined. LeftWingDock is a Funcom hardcoded variable, and will onyl work for those they have defined. So in this example we will eb controlling the location of the Left Wing.

The activate_criteria= variables im not 100% sure on, cc_section is the area on the gui it is and the others are set out for the Element, dont worry about this.

layout_borders is the juicy bit we want a part of. The 4 comma delimeteed numbers control its position on the screen by 'Pushing' by X number of pixels.

A,B,C,D - lets make this easy.

A controls how many pixels to push from the left of the screen, which would move the element to the right. We use this when outr element resides in the h_alignment="LEFT" section.

B we do not need to use.

C controls how many pixels to push from the right of the screen to move the element towards the left. We use this in the h_alignment="RIGHT" section.

D controls how many pixels to push up from the bottom of the screen, to move the elemnt towards the top. We use this in all sections (at the moment)

So, lets say we want to move the Left Wing into the far bottom elft corner, leaving a 1 pixel space. Our line of could would be the following:

layout_borders="Rect(1,0,0,1)"

So far so good, but we want to add our menu, right?

lets add it to the far bttom left corner.

between the fade_group="cc_left_fade_group"/> line in the Leftwing dock section and the next line being <View name="LeftBarDock" paste the following:

Code:
    <CCMenu script="Mymenu.xml"
    activate_criteria="dvalue:cc_section1 && dvalue:cc_left_menu"
    fade_group="cc_left_fade_group"
    layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)"/>
    </View>
    Save control center and fire up ao.

If you ahve elft wing and menu turned on turn it off for now.

You should (pending ive got everything right) have a little button with your graphic, which when clicked laods your menu with you Chat Script button.

Magic!

Hopefully the info I have provided here i enough to get you started. Use trial and error and experiment with different things and you should pick it up relatively easy.

Remeber it doesnt hurt to look at others work to see how things are done. Dont blatnently copy others peopels work though
    Last edited by Internalfire; Sep 7th, 2004 at 11:46:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt
    Hmmm.... You seems to be on the right track Darkbane. I think we will have to take away your text editor

Just a couple of notes. The "ccfg:" prefix is just an alias for "dvalue:". It's still there for backward compatibility but since the aliases (there is several more) slow down the parser a bit, I'm probably going to remove them some day.

And since the screen position and "scripth-path" for the left/right menus are defined in Views/ControlCenter.xml now (you can have as many menus you want, and put them wherever you want) the type="root_left" and type="root_right" tags are no longer used.
    Thanks for that info Kurt... if you're in need of a break, feel free to drop by this thread from time to time and post any information we might find useful (like, can the chat windows be opened/closed from the XML?)

Once I've had a play with that then, I'll update the initial posts

Nice with an updated thread.
    Just a note Darkbane, its "Symbskin-0.D" and not "Symbskin". I made a mod/continuation on the original skin by Arctic. Might be a good idea to change the name if he decides to continue development of the original
    TL7 Fixer: Driddle
    Creator of: Symbskin-0.D
    Nocturnal Fear - Officer

A quick appendum to InternalFire's post: Some objects' position are based on where other objects are positioned. The wings' D value sets the potition relative to the bottom bars. The target controls' A or C value (dependent on their alignment) potitions them relative to the right or left menu. If for example, the left bottom bar is moved up, the left wing will move with it.
    Arceon - Erean - Heleina - Anirin
    Paltar - Ithiriane - Energics - Cedin
    All on Rimor, still working on populating Atlantean

Yup, thanks for that addition Erena.

I belive you can stop this by changin the mode from 'Stacked' in commandcenter.

Not like you would want anyway.

Mistake in original Funcom GUI?

Comparing stat window with the single bars on screen it looks like the bars are animated over their whole height. But they are not completely colored so e.g. look full while still some HP/Nano/XP is missing... I suggest coloring the bars as much as possible, just leaving one pixel as frame at the top and bottom end.

Greets from RK3

Etta "Chivana" Krelog
    Neutral Opifex Martial Artist, born on Fri May 24 16:04:52 2002 in Newland City, Rubi-Ka 3 (DNW).
    Level 220 30 70 - Setup - Director of Krelog Ltd.
    Spiel dein Spiel - Aber vergiss nie, dass das wahre Leben vor deiner Haustür stattfindet...

Last night when modding images the Singular HP bar images looked fine to me.

There should be Empty (0HP) which is just the background.

Then there is full (100%) which is completely coloured.

I saw them last night so im not quite sure what your getting at.

Worth checking out again though :P

The problem is they show full when they in fact aren't... the stats window is far more reliable. Maybe the code is using the entire height of the graphic for it's 0-100% range and not just the bar bit? Or maybe it's an update thing? Hopefully will get sorted at some point...

Random XML Tip!

Use Commenting for sections of code which start to get complicated!

to comment something place it inbetween <!-- and --> tags, for example:

<!-- This is My SUPER Complicated Menu system this part does this! -->

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    The problem is they show full when they in fact aren't... the stats window is far more reliable. Maybe the code is using the entire height of the graphic for it's 0-100% range and not just the bar bit? Or maybe it's an update thing? Hopefully will get sorted at some point...
    Im 99% sure its a coding bug.

Even if the images were wrong it would just update accordingly, but be displayed wrong.

For example actually 60% hp when it shows 90%.

I can be at 50% hp and the bar still be full, and sometimes the bar updates properly.

There are lots of wierd things going on with the GUI though. The GUI looks for the old GUI's textures when it cant find it in the modded one, not the SL GUI which FC now states has replaced the original one.

Also the grayout textures are not used correctly. The small 32x32 one us used in some places to gray out 48x48 squares. Rather annoying
    TL7 Fixer: Driddle
    Creator of: Symbskin-0.D
    Nocturnal Fear - Officer

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast