Thread: An Gas and PvP idea (or two)

Post An Gas and PvP idea (or two)

Lately i've read a lot of post here on the boards, regarding (lack of) real PvP (the War), and camping. Wouldn't an idea be to link these two concepts?

Let me elaborate:
    All 'campable' spots should be 0% Gas, something like this:

Uber Omni guild kills Mr. NPC-withubercoolstuff. They loot him and WHAM! Uber Clan guild comes storming in and kick some Omni Arse. And, the person whom got the NPC loot, would drop the loot if he got killed. Yes, make the 'special' loot drop, unless one have managed to zone to a safe spot.
    This would add some interesting team/org tactics, and bring a feeling of an actual war going on. This way, you might have to PvP to get all that special loot. All those that feel PvP is not their cup of tea, may still choose not to participate in this, and still be able to play the game as they choose to. Besides this prevent some ninja looting ('Woot, he took my loot!, take this you theiving scumbag').

And secondly, variable Gas. As in:
    Trigger happy clan kills a guard in PM, and the Gas drops to 25%. In the entire zone. Give a message on the omni news channel, saying somthing like: "Unofficial reports are coming in on an armed attack in PM (and coords). We asks all loyal omni to assist the guards as this site, as they are currently understaffed."

If no PvP happens in that zone, say for 5 mins or so, the gas level would be restored to 75%. This way, killing a guard would give some potential consequenses, and gradually introduce players to the concept of PvP.

Well, this is just a couple of ideas i got, and i guess not everyone likes this, but i, like many others(it seems), feel something needs to be done about the state of PvP in the game. All input on this are all welcome.

The guard idea.

Eh. A level 1 omni attacks a guard in west athens. Zone drops of 25%. Clan comes swarming out into the arms of 20 level 200 and its a massacre.

Or worse, the samething happens in the newbie area.

0% in campable spot. What Storm doesn't control enough of the game. They've got like 1/3 of the level 200 in the game.

Oh, and in your example only the uber guilds (tc and storm ) get access to the uber npc. Yeah that sounds fair

Remove campable spot peroid.