Thread: TOP 10: Tradeskill Classes [LONG]

Exclamation TOP 10: Tradeskill Classes [LONG]

What would u like to see most likely to be implemented concerning the tradeskills?
    Plz post on it so that FC recognizes that somethin is definetly wrong!
    My christmas wishlist for TRADESKILLs is:

1. Make all Tradeskill items available in shops.

2. The price of Tradeskill items should be reasonable. Better said they should be EXTREMLY LOW!!! HEY i wanna sell they stuff i crafted so that i can get money from crafting itself. There is nothing bad about bein able to get money from crafting instead of from doing missions! At least i have spent IPs on it which makes me a worse fighter!
    Perhaps do it so: Make all tradeskill items buyable (the normal guns or nanoformular stuff for example). And for crafting reall uber stuff u have to find an instruction manual not available in shops. But Crafting a MK Rifle for an soldier or makin an nanocrystal for a lvl 40 MP should be possible and it should be possible with profit even before u reach lvl 180 so that u can craft a superrare item that hardly anybody has which can be sold in trade for xxx millions which only cheater have to refill ur purse from the big whole u made in it by buying tradeskill items!!! If u play an engineer or MP for example where is the sense that u have to get lvl 200 to be able to make money with ur tradeskills?
    I wanna do this from lvl 20 up to lvl 200, i wanna play an traderchar with all his ups and downs!
    Let me make a little pricelist which shows what i expect of it:
    Carbonrich Rock (lvl 50) - 5k
    Notum Alloy (8layers) (lvl 100)- 1,5k credits
    Havy Weapons Construction Kit (lvl 60) - 300k

What this little list shall show u FC is that i am willin to pay a lot for reusable items like construction kits or machines that are used for creating a nano crystal. But what is totally senseless is that u think that the not reusable ressources should cost WAY MORE money than the "(NPC-)crafted item" in the shop or from player.
    Where is the SENSE in running around through trade to look for the items u need, payin lots of IPs and credits for crafting an items that maybe easier to find in a mission by just sittin in front of mission booth and stupid clickin 1000 times on request mission?

3.Give TUTORING a sense. I say a sense because atm it has ABSOLUTELY NO sense.
    Why should i raise tutoring ? If for example I need pharmacy for crafting a new trimmer for my pet. And in dont have the skill. I could just ask in trad channel for a doc that could do this crafting step for me which requires pharmacy. NO NEED to tutor.
    And of course there is no need to tutor, when tradeskills are as they are right now! SIMPLY USELESS

4.Give ppl special PLAYER SELLIN BOOTHES where they can put their crafted items in so that they can do somethin different than standin in trade or some other place shouting all the time and spammin the trade channel.

Well these are the most important points up from one to four...
    If there is somethin to add plz DO so.
    Funcom wont change anything and put effords on it, when they dont feel that players REALLY WANT it.
    If u dont have anything to add just give it a BUMB!

So far
    Shinji
    Last edited by Shinji; Dec 7th, 2001 at 13:46:52.

Cool hmmmm

hmmm beein able to label the created stuff seems like a real good idea to me ...

the most easy solution could be just fillin in the name of the creator :

"XY Weapon
    Created by : Fazun
    etc etc"

combinin the *book*-idea with created items would be even cooler of course ,) :

"XY Weapon
    Description : Yo, use this prototype weapon at your own risk!"

ya, and if i now even could produce variants, i sure would be real happy ,) :

"XY Weapon
    Variant : Added low light scope, added extra ammo capacity etc
    Description : bla bla bla ...."
    tradeskillz ?

Wink

Are Fauzn and me the only ppl who want to be tradeskiller?
    Plz give this some more attention =]

Shinji
    Last edited by Shinji; Dec 7th, 2001 at 19:20:47.

FYI, unless they changed it since the last time I checked (~5-7 patches ago), the construction kits were used up during weapon construction. Heck, it even says so in the description of the item. Though it would be cool if they wern't (hinthint)

Hehe, drop metal into the construction kit and make a gun. need to restock the metal, but not the kit...imagine making a gun out of gold and silver. Look awesome, do terrible damage.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, you say? Very well, get out your pens, essay writers, and prepare to have your logic tested by steel!

Thumbs up

I just totally agree with the topic starter!!!
    Nothing more to add. Dont ask.
    /bump

Exclamation At last...

It was time that this was said!!!
    Good post.

/bump

Talking Trade Skill Item Cost

How about make the cost of trade skill items be determined by your SKILL level.

So if you have 500 level in Weapon Smithing, that rifle construction set would cost far less than someone with a 100 level skill.

That way, someone with a higher skill level would make more money than someone with a lower skill level.

Sounds like 'balanced' to me.

I think FC should just pay me a salary for all of my great ideas.
    ~ g i r l t o y ~

Totally agree, pay attention Dev Team.
    *bump*

Angry K, you guys...

you dont post here,because u think this is an unimportant matter,
    but then dont complain about missing RPG in the game, dont complain that tradeskill items and tutoring is useless, because u dont mind!!!
    And plz dont say oh look at UO or at DAoC how wonderfully good they implemented tradeskills .
    If u dont post in a thread like this u give FC the response that everything concerning craftmanship is ok and fine.
    Then u show them that debugging and balancing is the only important thing to do for them.
    Game depth is loosin more and more its weight !

So dont complain afterwards, if u dont do somethin to change it!

a disappointed engineer
    Shinji

I completely agree. I've recently taken an interest in crafting nano formulas. As a lvl 83 nt i've upped my np and computer lit to 440 in hopes of crafting some truly usefull prgs. Right now i can't. Not only is carbonich rock impossible to find, but prices for items needed are to high as well. I'm really looking forward to 13.4 because of the added tradeskill booths, can't wait to see what they do. C' mon FC fix tradeskills!

Post Please give us an ANSWER, Cz or Cosmik

Yeah this is what i am also really looking forward to.
    I think this would give a lot players much more alternatives ingame:
    Not only
    1.Hunting
    2.Mission running
    3.Baboons
    4.Trading
    5. Exploring the world (This is something you normally do only once or maximum twice a year when travelling with your guild and makein nice screenshots for your AO Diary)

For GODS SAKE, Cosmik or Cz, tell us something about availabilities and prices of trade-skill-items.
    How can i be satisfied when you, Cz, tell us that there will be some way to get carbon rich rock (you said this i htink in the "Next Patch" Forum in the "Engineer Changes"-Thread).
    I really want to be able to buy it. Or to mine it. Or to buy it from someone who can mine it or whatever. But it shouldnt be too hard to get it.(Nelebs nano robe in comaprison is too hard to get. Not that u make a dungeon with an uber monster which looses a carbon rich rock or somethin like that...)

Something like Carbon rich rock wich is used for every single spell construction shouldnt be a loot only item!!!
    And it shouldnt be that expensive!
    How do (NPC-)shops finance all there crystals they sell for just so few money?
    Please give us an answer...
    Give us hope!

So far
    Shinji