Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improved AS on onehander.

Improved AS on onehander.

Agent, trader, solja, engy and MP with tiger will all cap AS 99% (alongside docs and everyone else who equips an mk6 Silverback before 17.1 hits live ). Sup Sap Bow and Ithaca, while nowhere as consistent as the post-AI weapons, are still a lot better choice. Even all the melee profs can use a 100% capped AS every min or so with the supernova (faster than our FA). AS from a fixer is only semi-consistent for 2 mins out of every 5, when slugs is running. Ranged advs and some crats are stuck using onehander as well, only diff, their peregrine matches the dmg type of it.

Either 1.) unlock crit on all weapons so onehander becomes a lot more viable choice for AS, 2.) give us a decent energy dmg AS gun, or 3.) give us some dmg changer gizmo pls .

P.S.: Even giving it some more range would make wonders. As of now, I can be running right behind the target smashing my AS button and keep getting "target out of range" msg, and I have its range at 20m with +71%.

P.S.S.: Keep your nerf-AS replies away from this thread, if you have a problem with its mechanics start another one please.
    Last edited by Racatti; Feb 17th, 2007 at 13:03:14.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Or better,give the other profs onehander too and remove the other AS guns ^^
    Togafix 320 Fixer

Casting NCU

Or realize Fixers could swap weapons by using a lower QL mk6 + any 2 handed AS gun just like the rest of us non-Soldier/non-Agent have to compromise on when going for max AS while swapping to other weapons.

The Onehander lets you wield a -superb- weapon along with it at all times. It doesn't need any boosts.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 17th, 2007 at 18:43:09.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

No, those profs are support, and not goin to perk you anyhow. You are not goin to keep the mk6 on to perk, over the 2-handed AS gun you suggest, since 90 FA is not THAT good.

P.S.: Docs could go pistol + onehander as well for max AR.
    Last edited by Racatti; Feb 17th, 2007 at 19:05:19.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    No, those profs are support, and not goin to perk you anyhow. You are not goin to keep the mk6 on to perk, over the 2-handed AS gun you suggest, since 90 FA is not THAT good.

P.S.: Docs could go pistol + onehander as well for max AR.
    I was shotgun + onehander for awhile, which for a trox is the same AR as Opi with pistol.

Wasn't anywhere -near- enough AR to matter in any form of PvP.

I'll give you a bump for your improved Onehander only after I see a large AR bump for doctors. Until then, you still have a much better setup (SMG for perking AR and Onehander for AS).
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Make an apf item that can upgrade the onehander kthx
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    I'll give you a bump for your improved Onehander only after I see a large AR bump for doctors. Until then, you still have a much better setup (SMG for perking AR and Onehander for AS).
    You know doctors have nanos they're supposed to use in combat, not weapons. Your AR with ubt/dots is good enough as it is.

give everyone a 7000m range lazer beam with sa/as/fa/burst/fling/brawl/fast attack that has 97& chance of 97& reflect sheild proc on use and has no defense check
    or better yet just give me one

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    I was shotgun + onehander for awhile, which for a trox is the same AR as Opi with pistol.

Wasn't anywhere -near- enough AR to matter in any form of PvP.

Hehe your best chance on BS is to perk ppl who forget to turn back fullagg after leaving the mech, Ober perked a couple noobies to death that way. And docs are not supposed to have massive AR, they have massive heals. Double my healdelta and HoTs efficiency and I'll give you a bump on large +AR .
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    You know doctors have nanos they're supposed to use in combat, not weapons. Your AR with ubt/dots is good enough as it is.
    Lessee, our AR is so low we can't perk, we can't hit with specials or regular hits (at least not even 50% against anyone with raised evades) ... with UBT its avoided quite a bit of the time even on people w/out twinked NR, and DoTs take around 9-10 seconds to land (and they do get resisted). We have to fight on 80% AGG which negates all our evades.

Compare that to a fixer who can use AR-based perks as good as pretty much any other prof, have a regular attack that hits as well as as any other, has specials including a great burst as well as a decent (if slow) FA for alpha'ing, can evade pretty much any non-nano attack and can outheal a doctor's nano attack (at least long enough to meep : ).

Simply put, Fixers aren't the nerfest. Plenty of other work needs to be done ... -years- of work ... before Fixers (or any other prof that refularly uses a Onehander) deserves this kind of love.

PS. This is coming from someone who's actively working on a fixer. And who has seen reports of Racatti alpha'ing a doc with 20.5K worth of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by absolute stupidity
    Either 1.) unlock crit on all weapons so onehander becomes a lot more viable choice for AS, 2.) give us a decent energy dmg AS gun, or 3.) give us some dmg changer gizmo pls .
    4) Nerf the onehander as it's too much already.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

And docs are not supposed to have massive AR, they have massive heals.
    And where does it say Fixer is supposed to have a viable AS weapon?

I'm pretty sure Fixers are supposed to have massive evades/defenses (check), respectable light artillery damage (check), some heals that help via HoTs (check), speed (check), gridding/evacs (check), roots/snares and also root/snare breaking (check), and slight damage buffs (check). Fixers are fine in PvP. Definitely not Tier A++ at the top of everyones hitlist, but nowhere near the bottom either.

Just because FC screwed up awhile ago when it came to PvP rules, doesn't mean they have to try to make it worse by pleasing everyone. Hopefully they continue their stance on trying to evaluate PvP and assess appropriate fixes (or nerfs according to others, such as limit the power of AS/FA so that it becomes useless for profs that use it and weren't intended to use it in the first place) to make PvP more enjoyable for all, and as always stated by FC, duels don't classify as PvPing.

Knowing the trend of these types of threads, /flamebait activated
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

i totally understand racatti to want more since the one and only pvp prof in ao, also known as agent online even cries for more love
    AoC vs WoW

Playing trader with this

Traders asking for love is like fixers asking for a better meep nano

Giving it more range would be more than sufficent, either that or just making everything silly to follow the range of your mainhand weapon.

Besides that, you are free to hotswap like most other artillery profession do if you are not happy with the onehander.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffixx View Post
    And where does it say Fixer is supposed to have a viable AS weapon?

I'm pretty sure Fixers are supposed to have massive evades/defenses (check), respectable light artillery damage (check), some heals that help via HoTs (check), speed (check), gridding/evacs (check), roots/snares and also root/snare breaking (check), and slight damage buffs (check). Fixers are fine in PvP. Definitely not Tier A++ at the top of everyones hitlist, but nowhere near the bottom either.

Just because FC screwed up awhile ago when it came to PvP rules, doesn't mean they have to try to make it worse by pleasing everyone. Hopefully they continue their stance on trying to evaluate PvP and assess appropriate fixes (or nerfs according to others, such as limit the power of AS/FA so that it becomes useless for profs that use it and weren't intended to use it in the first place) to make PvP more enjoyable for all, and as always stated by FC, duels don't classify as PvPing.

Knowing the trend of these types of threads, /flamebait activated
    Read my first post, this is not a nerf AS-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    Giving it more range would be more than sufficent, either that or just making everything silly to follow the range of your mainhand weapon.

Besides that, you are free to hotswap like most other artillery profession do if you are not happy with the onehander.
    Exactly, when server is having a buggy day, it is almost like a melee weapon.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

Read my first post, this is not a nerf AS-thread
    So basically this is a thread where people are only allowed to agree with you? Forums are for open discussion.
    Last edited by Lukesays; Feb 18th, 2007 at 14:57:44.

No, but I asked nicely at the begining to spare the nerf-AS replies pls. Problem with your reading skills or simply lack of intelligence?
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild

I believe water has no solid state, but please spare the "ice" replies.

also let me direct you to http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html. It is amusing how quickly arguments here deteriorate into personal attacks.
    Last edited by Lukesays; Feb 18th, 2007 at 22:12:31.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast