Thread: How long do we have once the city CT hits 0%?

How long do we have once the city CT hits 0%?

Do we lose the site after 24 hours or what? If we get it to 10% does that prolong it, or does that ensure we keep the site?
    [Insert something witty here]

I don't think it goes away. I think it just disables alien encounters and building bonuses.
    Death "Tzalloch" Metal
    The Protector
    Angel "Tzarla" Slayer
    The Destroyer
    Freedom "Tzalth" Fighter
    The Punisher
    General rank in the Angels of the Night

i think when its at zero % it will be destroyed in 24 h , then whithin the next 24h if you leave your city buildingless it gets put up for auction again

doesn't it go 0% after every attack reguardless of whether aliens actually touch it or not?
    Death "Tzalloch" Metal
    The Protector
    Angel "Tzarla" Slayer
    The Destroyer
    Freedom "Tzalth" Fighter
    The Punisher

omg,

No you don't lose your city if the city controller is at 0%, you lose benefits and alien invasions.

You do however lose your city if upkeep isn't paid.

An ally org staged a raid and their controller went down to 0%

The petitioned an ark to find out how to repair it (early in launch before the controller reconstuctor was discovered) and the ARK told them that you have 72 hours from thetime the controller hits 0% to repair it or you will forfiet the land.
    - "Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!" - Pinhead, Hellraiser

ehh... just went through an alien attack and payed special attention to the CC, i didn't see any mobs touch it! but it was down to 0% when all was done

some say aliens can damage the CC by attacking other buildings, and spiders spawn at random places thoughout the base

D=
    Death "Tzalloch" Metal
    The Protector
    Angel "Tzarla" Slayer
    The Destroyer
    Freedom "Tzalth" Fighter
    The Punisher

All I've seen so far are either guesses from players or ARKs (who are probably guessing too). I haven't seen any confirmed official info on this, except from the ARKs AI FAQ (link here):
    With the City Controller destroyed, you will see the benefits of having a town and the things within are now lacking, or non-existent. The City Controller is something within your town that pulls the notum out of Rubi-Ka. Once it is destroyed you can repair it, but it will be costly. Once the City Controller is repaired and notum flow is restored, the benefits of having certain things within the town will return to normal levels.
    No indication whatsoever that the city would be lost or buildings exploding. All this indicates is that the city bonuses would be reduced or disabled. Then, this official info could very well be wrong. My very own guess is it's all bugged like not that small amount of other things currently.

Could we have an official response on this, please? Would be kinda useful, so we know why we have to blitz dozens of teamies to repair the CT by a few %...

EDIT:
    I missed it, but the same guide also says:
    The City Controller Charge meter shows how much charge or life your City Controller has. Alien attacks can damage the data of your city controller taking the charge down. If the city has a charge of 0 then it will be dismantled in 72 hours. Rumor has it that there is an item that will recode the data on the controller increasing the charge of the controller.
    So, things will blow up after 72 hours if the CT is left at 0%? And if so, will the land be lost after 24 hours with no Org HQ, or does that only apply after the land is purchased?

Also, in my first quote from the guide it says "once it is destroyed you can repair it, but it will be costly". This indicates that repair thingys could be bought, but so far noone has found any for sale but only as teamie boss loot. Is the error in the guide or in the game? And are there more errors in that guide?

I know I'm being picky but it's quite important. Please look into this. Thanks.
    Last edited by :Scipio:; Sep 3rd, 2004 at 14:13:54.

Would be nice a GM could post some definite info
    on this.

Q

Cz said in another post that this previous information was incorrect and all AI manuals have been updated accordingly.

0% CC means no benefits from the buildings, period, that's it, nothing further.

Only 2 ways to lose your city, not pay the upkeep and on purpose by destroying the HQ and not rebuilding within 24 hours.
    --

It was clearly posted by Cz in another thread that the 72 hours thing is a mistake in the guide which will be corrected.

He also said clearly that you do NOT lose your city for that.

But if your controller goes below a set % (not sure if it is only at 0% or a bit higher) you won't get ship invites after killing the general.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

I know for a fact people have gotten ship invites when the controller is at 0%, like me, which i am not complaining about because i think they are too weak right now.
    Cboathii 220/18 Meta Setup will complete when i am able
    Originally posted by Saran:
    Originally Posted by Moocow
    cough*new servers & fiber optics* cough
    Saran:
    Tandy isn't compatible with fiber optics.

Can someone post a link to an official word from Funcom as to just what the different CC %s will affect what and what for the org and regarding aliens and so forth? All this hearsay and rumors is driving me mad. I've a CC at 0% or 1% or something. Should I use a QL 8 CRU on it now? Wait? What? And what exactly makes the % go down? We've killed all the aliens that have stopped by to pay us a visit except that it maybe not have been in a timely fashion as sometimes the aliens were a bit too high in levels compared to the org members online at the time... So I hear new ways to get CRUs or make the repairing easier is supposed to come into game... But when? This week? Next month?

There's like 50 threads about this stuff but I don't want to know what the latest rumors are... I want an official word from Funcom about what's up?

help?
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Check the last post in this thread. Cz clearly states the the guide is wrong, and that you never lose your HQ no matter how long CT is at 0%.

Okay... so we don't lose the CC... so what do we lose when the CC is at 0%?

do we lose out on the number of alien attacks?

the number of aliens PER attack?

the intensity of attacks?

do we not get to board the ship?

other than the City Benefits (can someone tell me at what % they kick back in?).. what is the benefit of bumping the CC back up from 0-1%? There must be some benefits (besides the city bennies) but what exactly? There's just too much hearsay and rumors.... ahhhhhhh
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

CCs are too weak. I have seen a ql 1 alien, only one reduce the CC by 70% in the amount of time it took me to hear the warning, finish up what i was doing and get to town find him and kill him. This was less than 10 mins from the 5 min warning. The way they teleport around and wander off this is horrible cause you can have one guy slip past and kill the CC before you know what happend. WTB warning like in towers..... your CC has been reduced to 80%, your CC has been reduced to 70% etc. Also would be nice to see them not get killed by a lvl 1 in about 3 mins, id think a lvl1 shouldnt even be able to hit it.

I think the CC has to be over 10% for the aliens to continue attacking. If the CC goes under 10%, they seem to leave after the first wave(fake attacks). So keep CC over 10% to keep the waves coming, and also to board the spaceship after.