Thread: the Update Team Members function

Question the Update Team Members function

Hiya!

When right-click-holding a team mission you see an 'update team members' function, and I simply wonder what it does...

Thanks.

It's used to update any team members that weren't in the vicinity when you got the mission.

Your team no longer has to be in the same playfield for you to get a team mission. But if they're not, they don't get the mission info/key. When you're near them, hit the 'update team members' function, and it copies the mission and key to them.

Allows one person to get the next mission while everyone else is shopping or otherwise not in the area. Or the fixer can grid back and get another one while everyone else waits in the playfield, then update them when he gets back with it.

Rhelnar
    lvl 50 Clan Fixer
    RK1

If a team has gotten a mission and another player joins the group, is the update function still operational or does it only apply to the 'original' members who were in the team when the mission was aquired?

I believe it's still functional.

I don't think it adds additional rewards or changes anything that way, but as a quick way to give them the mission and the key, it works (or it did a week ago).

Rehlnar
    Lvl 50 Clan Fixer
    RK1

Originally posted by Rehlnar
    I believe it's still functional.

I don't think it adds additional rewards or changes anything that way, but as a quick way to give them the mission and the key, it works (or it did a week ago).

Rehlnar
    Lvl 50 Clan Fixer
    RK1
    Last time I tried this, it did not work correctly.

The original 4 teamies who were in the team when I got the mission (got a mission in Newland for Broken Shores) got the mission icons and the keys when I used the update function, but when we added a 6th teamie aftrward, she didn't get the icon, nor did she get a key.
    Later in the mission when 2 teamies had to leave, we added 2 new teamies, and they also did not get the update, or keys.

Also, when the mission completed, only those left from the original team (4 of us) got rewards and tokens for completion.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

I could be mistaken, but I think it was about a week or two ago (know it was on a weekend because of the people involved). A friend and I grabbed a team mission (Avalon for Old Athens, I think). Before we left for it, his wife decided the baby was sleeping, so she was going to log on too. I used the update when she found us (I'd grabbed the mission) and she said she got it and followed us into the mission...

There was still only 2 rewards, but we were doing it in hopes of some of the unique mission drop only stuff and were more concerned with location than what the rewards were...

Maybe it was just random luck that it worked for us? Haven't tried it since.

Rehlnar
    lvl 50 Clan Fixer
    RK1

Edit: added location of terminal and mission